Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    mine too. it's just awful.

Have you let the screen turn off while reading a pdf? If that happens, the program freezes, no more page turning or zooming in/out. I will have to restart the app. I can't believe there isnt an easy update to that bug which has been around since i can remember. Downright sad for a so called "business phone" as front page writers like to recommend it as.
    Yea, it's a LONG way from being a "business" phone! Yes, the freezing happened to me a couple of times and I wonder what it was related to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the pdf viewer is based on an open source product which the owners of which sued Palm over. The fact is that they may not be allowed during the lawsuit to update with updated open source and they may not want to spend the money to build their own with this lawsuit still pending?

I'm not 100% that the lawsuit is still pending btw.
    I'm guessing they are using a different technology or turning the HP lawyers loose on Artifex to resolve the issue in 2.2 or 2.3 because they can't release the TouchPad or Pre 3 without a PDF viewer!
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    I'm guessing they are using a different technology or turning the HP lawyers loose on Artifex to resolve the issue in 2.2 or 2.3 because they can't release the TouchPad or Pre 3 without a PDF viewer!
    That is a very good point.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I have to open my e-mail PDF attachments on my 1st gen iPod instead of my Pixi Plus. How stupid is that? If the problem still exists on the Pre 3 I may have to move to an iPhone, uhg!
    Does the PDF viewer work on WebOS 2.1 or 1.4.x?
    Business Phone loose Standard Business Apps
    This is now happening on my Veer. Im so disappointed... I thought it was fixed. I have 2 Veers, one patched and one stock. At first the PDF worked great, even on large files like a 30 page color magazine. I even downloaded a 200 page book, no problems. A couple of days later though, I downloaded a new magazine... and it just spins forever on the grey screen. No more failure message, just an eternal spin. Thinking it was due to patches, I tried it on the wifes stock Veer... and same thing. Several restarts, now neither one will open anything but a simple one or two page document.
    Im going to talk to Palm/HP today... this is going to be a deal breaker. How long can they expect us to wait for essential business tools like this? I could be OK for eternity with no Netflix, Shazam, or other silly time wasters. But I wont keep nursing a platform that cant get these simple tools working.
    Bump... Wondering if anyone can confirm PDF problems on the Veer? Also, those with a Touchpad; Please comment on the PDF rendering as well, since it's running 3.0.
    I find that the PDF viewer on my Pre2 will sometimes not let me zoom in/out.

However, I'd really like to be able to view PDF's in landscape rather than portrait. Wasn't there a patch in 1.4.5 that enabled landscape PDF's? This is not available in 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    I find that the PDF viewer on my Pre2 will sometimes not let me zoom in/out.

However, I'd really like to be able to view PDF's in landscape rather than portrait. Wasn't there a patch in 1.4.5 that enabled landscape PDF's? This is not available in 2.1?
    I can't go to landscape mode...it doesn't seems nothing...just only a black screen!!!

Anybody can fix that kind of bug on webOS 2.1.0...We need a new patch instead the PDF Redux...that doesn't works for me!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12