1.    #1  
    Has anyone out there owned both Pre Plus and Pre2 on Verizon? If so can you compare the build quality taking into account the device age? I am curious if upgrading to a Pre2 is at all worthwhile from a hardware quality perspective or if there is little reason to do so other than officially supported webOS 2.x and faster clock rate.
    I had both and I haven't noticed much of a difference. My Pre Plus was pretty solid though...no oreo whatsoever and the slider was always solid. Keys seem about the same. I know some had issues with the Pre Plus build quality, but based on my experience, I'd have to say they are pretty similar. Both solid. I don't think you will have any problems with the Pre 2 in terms of build quality.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I had both and I haven't noticed much of a difference. My Pre Plus was pretty solid though...no oreo whatsoever and the slider was always solid. Keys seem about the same. I know some had issues with the Pre Plus build quality, but based on my experience, I'd have to say they are pretty similar. Both solid. I don't think you will have any problems with the Pre 2 in terms of build quality.
    I am on my 2nd Pre Plus and maybe soon on number 3. The problem I have had is the keyboard. The keyboard has been unreliable - they start good and then decline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I am on my 2nd Pre Plus and maybe soon on number 3. The problem I have had is the keyboard. The keyboard has been unreliable - they start good and then decline.
    The only issue I ever had with my Pre Plus in terms of hardware was the dreaded headset mode. My first one was fine otherwise. Never had any issues with my replacement and I sent a fair number of texts. It seems we've seen a gradual increase in quality control. There were all kinds of issues affecting the Pre. Fewer issues and fewer people affected with the Pre Plus. So far, the Pre 2 seems to be better in terms of number of devices with problems, but time will tell.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    The only issue I ever had with my Pre Plus in terms of hardware was the dreaded headset mode. My first one was fine otherwise. Never had any issues with my replacement and I sent a fair number of texts. It seems we've seen a gradual increase in quality control. There were all kinds of issues affecting the Pre. Fewer issues and fewer people affected with the Pre Plus. So far, the Pre 2 seems to be better in terms of number of devices with problems, but time will tell.
    I had the headset problem briefly but I blew it out and rebooted and it went away within a day or so of repeating those steps. I downloaded and installed "The Ghastly Headset" and kept it installed "just in case" but it never seemed to help.
    Check a nearby corporate VZW store if you can. My lil town had a display unit to try despite it being special order only so you can judge yourself.

Felt rock solid to me, but my basis of comparison is an over one year old Pre Minus.
  7. vrs
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Mine seems quite a bit more solid than my one-year old Verizon Pre Plus. It also has a kind of rubbery coating on the backside that makes it nicer to hold. The keyboard is much improved -- along with its working a whole lot better than the Plus's keyboard, the addition of auto correct with Webos 2.0.1 makes typing much easier and more accurate.
    I just received a Pre2 yesterday and so far the build quality seems better. The keyboard is 'clickier' than the Pre Plus, the slider is more solid feelling as well. Overall, it feels more solid. We'll see how it holds up over the next few weeks/months...