Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I installed Music Remix on my phone last night, loaded up my songs and was streaming via Bluetooth through my car stereo on the way to work this morning. Along the way I had a call and :voila!: the music on the stereo paused and the call went through my Bluetooth headset. When I hung up the call, the music picked up where it left off. I was very surprised to have this happen, b/c that's not how it was on my Pre Plus. Was I just missing a setting or something on the Pre Plus, or is this a new feature on the Pre 2?

My Pre Plus would only connect to either my stereo OR my headset, but not both. I've noticed when I turn Bluetooth on on my Pre 2 that it tries to connect to both, but I thought it was a glitch or something that I'd have to put up with, so I'd keep stopping it from connectin to the device I wasn't using at the time.

Needless to say, this is a very handy feature. No more scrambling when a call comes in to switch my bluetooth from the stereo to my headset.
    That sounds pretty neat! Now I must go try it out xD

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    I'm using a pre minus with stereo bluetooth headphones and it works the same way for me.

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm using a pre minus with stereo bluetooth headphones and it works the same way for me.

But you listen to music AND take calls through the stereo headset? This has my phone connected via Bluetooth to my car stereo for streaming music and when a call comes in, it switches from the car stereo to my headset for the call, then back to the car stereo for streaming music when I hang up the call.

If the Pre Plus could do this, I guess mine was defective b/c it wouldn't connect to more than one Bluetooth device at a time.
    I've also listened to music with a wired fm transmitter through my trucks stereo and taken calls while listening to music . The call came over the stereo and I talked into the mic on the phone . Works like a charm . Same with stereo blutooth headphones . It has worked since I got my phone in august 09 .

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Hmmm...guess my 2 Pre Plus phones were defective then.
    Humm maybe I dont know what the problem was then lol

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  8.    #8  
    Could you Pre Minus connect to 2 different Bluetooth devices at once (i.e. simultaneously)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I've also listened to music with a wired fm transmitter through my trucks stereo and taken calls while listening to music . The call came over the stereo and I talked into the mic on the phone . Works like a charm . Same with stereo blutooth headphones . It has worked since I got my phone in august 09 .

every time I"ve tried to take a call in that scenario, I've been able to hear the caller on the speakers, but they couldn't hear me. I was also driving a 2001 Freightliner....diesel engine....maybe that's why they couldn't hear me
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  10.    #10  
    Are any of the these scenarios a Pre device connected to 2 separate/different Bluetooth devices at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Are any of the these scenarios a Pre device connected to 2 separate/different Bluetooth devices at the same time?
    I understand what you are saying, and none of the posts above are the same situation as yours. I'm impressed. Does your car stereo have a microphone and hence the ability to receive calls? Does your headset have the ability to stream music? I will hopefully be getting a headset that can stream music soon. I also have a bluetooth stereo in my car, so hopefully I'll be able to confirm what you are saying. No idea why it works like that though.
  12.    #12  
    For kicks, I called Palm customer service for techincal help. I played dumb and said I was having trouble getting my Pre to connect to both my car stereo's Bluetooth AND my Plantronics Bluetooth headset at the same time. He told me it was not possible to connect to 2 separate Bluetooth devices at the same time on the Pre Plus. He said I can pair with 2 different devices (which I knew) but that only one could be connected at a time (i.e. either my car stereo OR my headset could be connected, but not both at once). He didn't hesitate with the answer either. I guess you got luck if your Pre can connect to multiple Bluetooth devices at once!
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Excellent feature YankBoy, always wondered about that...nice to know the Pre2 can do that...hopefully the 3 will be able to also?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    I understand what you are saying, and none of the posts above are the same situation as yours. I'm impressed. Does your car stereo have a microphone and hence the ability to receive calls? Does your headset have the ability to stream music? I will hopefully be getting a headset that can stream music soon. I also have a bluetooth stereo in my car, so hopefully I'll be able to confirm what you are saying. No idea why it works like that though.
    haha...thanks. I didn't think they were the same, but was having trouble making my point. My car stereo does have the ability to do calls via Bluetooth as well, but when I synced my Pre 2 with it, only the music icon on the stereo lit up, not the little phone icon. On my Pre Plus, whenever I connected it to my car stereo via Bluetooth, both the phone and music icons would light up. If I was listening to music, an incoming call would just route through the car stereo, which I didn't care for since the internal mic isn't great. I could get an external microphone for my stereo and do calls that way, but since the Pre 2 doesn't seem to be connected for calls to the stereo, I don't know how that would work. I haven't tried connecting my Pre 2 via Bluetooth JUST to the car stereo, so maybe if I did that it would connect for calls too. Perhaps it preferentially connects to the headset for calls and the stereo for music? I prefer the headset though anyway, so this isn't an issue for me.

And, no, my headset doesn't stream music, which is fine b/c I'd never just listen to music while walking around.

Don't know if any of this made sense.
    When you go into the Bluetooth menu, is it showing both devices connected? Does your car only handle A2DP and your headset only handle HFP/HSP? I'm wondering if this would be a feature of the hardware or a feature of the software (in which case it may work for those people that doctor up to 2.1.0).
    haha...thanks. I didn't think they were the same, but was having trouble making my point. My car stereo does have the ability to do calls via Bluetooth as well, but when I synced my Pre 2 with it, only the music icon on the stereo lit up, not the little phone icon. On my Pre Plus, whenever I connected it to my car stereo via Bluetooth, both the phone and music icons would light up. If I was listening to music, an incoming call would just route through the car stereo, which I didn't care for since the internal mic isn't great. I could get an external microphone for my stereo and do calls that way, but since the Pre 2 doesn't seem to be connected for calls to the stereo, I don't know how that would work. I haven't tried connecting my Pre 2 via Bluetooth JUST to the car stereo, so maybe if I did that it would connect for calls too. Perhaps it preferentially connects to the headset for calls and the stereo for music? I prefer the headset though anyway, so this isn't an issue for me.

And, no, my headset doesn't stream music, which is fine b/c I'd never just listen to music while walking around.

Don't know if any of this made sense.
    Yeah, it made perfect sense. You have now got me doubting as to whether my phone can connect to the car stereo for phone calls since I updated to 2.1. I will have to try it tonight.

Do you know if your phone is paired with both devices at the same time? The poster above was told that this wasn't possible, which I can believe. I'm not sure I believe that your phone is disconnecting from your stereo and connecting to your headset when a call comes in. Wouldn't that take a few seconds to happen?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    When you go into the Bluetooth menu, is it showing both devices connected? Does your car only handle A2DP and your headset only handle HFP/HSP? I'm wondering if this would be a feature of the hardware or a feature of the software (in which case it may work for those people that doctor up to 2.1.0).
    Yes, it has the little blue check mark by both my car stereo and my headset. my car stereo does both a2dp and calls, while my headset only handles calls.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    Yeah, it made perfect sense. You have now got me doubting as to whether my phone can connect to the car stereo for phone calls since I updated to 2.1. I will have to try it tonight.

Do you know if your phone is paired with both devices at the same time? The poster above was told that this wasn't possible, which I can believe. I'm not sure I believe that your phone is disconnecting from your stereo and connecting to your headset when a call comes in. Wouldn't that take a few seconds to happen?
    The tech guy told me it wasn't possible for the Pre (I made believe I had a Pre instead of a Pre 2). My Pre 2 is definitely paired with both devices at the same time. When I turn on Bluetooth, it automatically connects to both and the little blue check mark shows up by both devices. I will try to connect to JUST my car stereo after work and see if it will connect for calls to, or just music.
    The tech guy told me it wasn't possible for the Pre (I made believe I had a Pre instead of a Pre 2). My Pre 2 is definitely paired with both devices at the same time. When I turn on Bluetooth, it automatically connects to both and the little blue check mark shows up by both devices. I will try to connect to JUST my car stereo after work and see if it will connect for calls to, or just music.
    Lol, sorry, I didn't realise you were the same person that contacted technical support. This is very interesting and opens up a few extra possibilites for me.
  20.    #20  
    Took a couple of screenshots to show my Bluetooth connecting to both my car stereo (xplod) and my headset (plantronics) and then actually connected to both.

I tested it out again after work and it did still connect both, played music through the car stereo, then paused the music and routed calls through the headset. HOWEVER, it didn't connect to both consistently. I tried it a few times and sometimes it would only connect to one or the other. Most of the time it would connect to both, but not every time. I don't know if this is just a glitch that it even happens in the first place, or if it's supposed to happen but just has bugs. Beats me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast