Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it the one in the app catalog for $3.99?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  3.    #3  
    Any idea how many songs a Pre 2 can comfortably hold?
    Jakeeeee is correct. The app catalog version is 2.0-compatible and takes advantage of several 2.0 APIs including:

- Just Type (type to initiate searches)

- Quick Actions (type to launch playlists/flylists/autolists, resume play, or shuffle all)

- All data is stored in db8 and is automatically synced daily to your Palm Profile so if you replace or doctor your phone, it will all be restored automatically

- Karaoke mode for singing along to your favorite songs on the lyrics screen. Karaoke sessions are saved using the microphone API
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Any idea how many songs a Pre 2 can comfortably hold?
    It really depends upon what type of codec (MP3, AAC, etc.) you use and the bitrate. I would open up your music collection on your computer and highlight 15 GB worth and see how many songs it is.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It really depends upon what type of codec (MP3, AAC, etc.) you use and the bitrate. I would open up your music collection on your computer and highlight 15 GB worth and see how many songs it is.
    They will all be mp3 format (in the process of converting from napster wma and removing drm right now). Can you give me a ballpark idea? I've got 188 songs total, but I don't wanna put so many songs on that I can't take pictures or videos.
  7.    #7  
    I guess I also need to ask this...If I plug my Pre 2 into my laptop and enter usb mode, I suppose I just drag all my music to the Pre folder? Will it automatically make its way to Music Remix? Sorry for the basic/dumb questions. I'm not a big music guy so I've never done this kind of stuff before.
    I guess I also need to ask this...If I plug my Pre 2 into my laptop and enter usb mode, I suppose I just drag all my music to the Pre folder? Will it automatically make its way to Music Remix? Sorry for the basic/dumb questions. I'm not a big music guy so I've never done this kind of stuff before.
    Yes I made a music folder just to have it organized but both the Palm music player and the music player (remix) will automatically find the music, you don't have to put it in any folder. 188 songs in mp3 format will easily fit on your pre 2 with plenty of room to spare.
    I have 1800 MP3 file on my 16GB Pre 2 with room to spare, so yes 188 will fit easily.

All music stored on the USB partition will be found by Music Player (Remix), and any other music app. The only audio files that won't be found are ones stored in hidden folders (that begin with a ".").

Also keep in mind that in webOS 2.0 it takes a few minute for the webOS media indexer to find new music. So if you load the app up immediately, the new music probably won't show up. It was much quicker under webOS 1.4.5. So you just have to be a little patient. By the way, this is mentioned in one of the FAQs found on my app's Help screen.

I have about 400 songs, tons of pictures and a bunch of videos taken with my phone and room to spare. That's on an 8gb Pre-
  11.    #11  
    Well it took most of the night and some of the morning to get all the doggone drm protection off my napster music, but it's done and they are all loaded on my Pre 2. Thanks for the tips!

Now if I can just figure out how to make playlists.....
    Dan has a youtube video that discusses lots of the features of his Remix app. You should look it up. It's very informative.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Awesome app. I love the album art addition.
    Now if I can just figure out how to make playlists.....
    There is no playlist creation support on the original palm music app, and same goes for music player remix.

There is an alternative for Music Player Remix users...flylists. Basically the same as playlists just a diff name and setup. Look for that instead.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Awesome app. I love the album art addition.
    Thanks, glad you like it. I guess you're using the app catalog version since it has the album art downloading feature. There have been a lot of other updates since the "public beta" homebrew version, so do some exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    There is no playlist creation support on the original palm music app, and same goes for music player remix.

There is an alternative for Music Player Remix users...flylists. Basically the same as playlists just a diff name and setup. Look for that instead.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    He may have been asking about creating playlists on the computer and syncing them to the device. You can still do that as long as you use relative paths in your playlist files.

But yeah I would recommend using flylists within Music Player (Remix). They're actually quite different than regular playlists. With flylists, not only can you add songs, you can add whole albums, artists, genres, or even synced playlists. And when any of those items update with new songs on your device, the flylist will automatically pick them up.

Also it's super-easy to add items to a flylist by using the in-app universal search feature (just start typing on any screen, then tap the "+" icon next to any item to display a popup that allows you to add the item to a flylist, among other things).

17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    He may have been asking about creating playlists on the computer and syncing them to the device. You can still do that as long as you use relative paths in your playlist files.

But yeah I would recommend using flylists within Music Player (Remix). They're actually quite different than regular playlists. With flylists, not only can you add songs, you can add whole albums, artists, genres, or even synced playlists. And when any of those items update with new songs on your device, the flylist will automatically pick them up.

Also it's super-easy to add items to a flylist by using the in-app universal search feature (just start typing on any screen, then tap the "+" icon next to any item to display a popup that allows you to add the item to a flylist, among other things).
    Awesome, thanks for a great app! I have no idea whatsoever what the difference is between a flylist and a playlist, but my flylists (which is what I had in mind when I was thinking of a playlist) are set up and ready to go.
    Awesome, thanks for a great app! I have no idea whatsoever what the difference is between a flylist and a playlist, but my flylists (which is what I had in mind when I was thinking of a playlist) are set up and ready to go.
    In case you didn't know, there are video tutorials found on the app's home screen which are viewable directly on the phone. The current videos are ones I shot during my beta testing phase. However I'm in the process of shooting up-to-date videos covering every feature within the app. I've already shot the flylist video, so that'll definitely be there.

I'm hoping to finish the videos this weekend. Once I upload them, the app will automatically pick them up. I'll post on Twitter (and in my Remix homebrew thread here on PreCentral) when the new videos have been uploaded.

There's a lot to learn about the app. There are a ton of features, so the videos will be a great resource for learning all the ins and outs of the app. Also check out the Help screen for a FAQ and "Hidden Features" section which is also a good resource.

19.    #19  
    How do I switch the progress thingy that shows up at the bottom when listening to a song? It was a little blue dot showing how much time was remaining. Now it's arrows with 60, 30 and 5 next to them. Not sure how I switched it.
    How do I switch the progress thingy that shows up at the bottom when listening to a song? It was a little blue dot showing how much time was remaining. Now it's arrows with 60, 30 and 5 next to them. Not sure how I switched it.
    Tap and hold the album art to switch between the scrubber bar and the fine-tuned music controls. Or just tap the backspace key on the keyboard. This is mentioned in the "Hidden Features" section on the app's Help screen.

If you have any other questions about the app, come by the official Music Player (Remix) thread found here: Music Player (Remix) 2.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast