1.    #1  
    hi i just bought an unlocked pre 2. I live in Mexico and I a telcel contract. I travel to US and I use a cellular with at&t.
    Somewhere I read that the first sim I put in my new pre 2 will control the app catalog. Is that true? Should i insert the the us sim first, so I can have access to the us app catalog ? and then put my telcel in mexico?
    Thank you very much
    Quote Originally Posted by panqueco View Post
    hi i just bought an unlocked pre 2. I live in Mexico and I a telcel contract. I travel to US and I use a cellular with at&t.
    Somewhere I read that the first sim I put in my new pre 2 will control the app catalog. Is that true? Should i insert the the us sim first, so I can have access to the us app catalog ? and then put my telcel in mexico?
    Thank you very much
    You need to wait until your next trip to the USA, THEN activate the Pre 2 and create a new Palm profile with the AT&T SIM card inserted while the device is physically located in the USA.

Your new Pre 2 must physically be in the USA when you put that AT&T sim in and turn it on for the first time to activate it and create a profile or you will not get full US app catalog access.

If the device is physically located in mexico when you activate it and create a palm profile with it, you'll end up with the Mexico app catalog and only the free north american applications (even if you do it with an AT&T SIM card inserted).

Note, you won't be able to do that right out of the box anyways. To activate in mexico with an AT&T SIM card inserted , you'd need to meta doctor the device first in order to enable data roaming from the phone preferences menu before you proceed to activate it. Otherwise, you won't be able to get a 3G data connection with an AT&T SIM card while located anywhere in Carlos Slim's territory south of the US/Mexico border. Why bother when it won't get you what you want anyways.

Just be patient. Hold off on activating it until the next time you visit the USA. You'll be much happier in the long run if you do.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    ...while located anywhere in Carlos Slim's territory south of the US/Mexico border...
    LOL Pretty right...Telcel 3G works with my AT&T Pre 3 and my AT&T TouchPad...but with the new Telcel's 4G LTE doesn't works...
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3