Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1.    #1  
    Just got my Pre 2 and have been trying to set things up. Two things aren't working for me.

    1 - my contacts will not sync and download from my google account. The calendar synced but none of my contacts will download to my phone. It worked in my Pre Plus.

    2 - and more importantly, I'm unable to receive or send any text messages. Under Preferences and Accounts the SMS Account does not respond if I press it. With my Pre Plus my cell number was displayed in the SMS Account, the Pre 2 doesn't display my cell number. I don't remember setting anything up for that with my Pre + so I'm wondering if the Pre 2 failed to set up correctly when I activated the phone. grrrr

    Any help would be appreciated.

    ET
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    1 - my contacts will not sync and download from my google account. The calendar synced but none of my contacts will download to my phone. It worked in my Pre Plus.
    Go into the Accounts application and remove the google account. Reboot the device and then back into Accounts application add the google account back in.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    2 - and more importantly, I'm unable to receive or send any text messages. Under Preferences and Accounts the SMS Account does not respond if I press it. With my Pre Plus my cell number was displayed in the SMS Account, the Pre 2 doesn't display my cell number. I don't remember setting anything up for that with my Pre + so I'm wondering if the Pre 2 failed to set up correctly when I activated the phone. grrrr
    Guessing you have a Verizon Pre2?? Dial *228 and hit option 1 to re download the provisioning and then reboot device. If that does not work, contact the carrier for some provisioning FUBAR appears to have transpired. Of course, assuming VZW is the carrier.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Guessing you have a Verizon Pre2?? Dial *228 and hit option 1 to re download the provisioning and then reboot device. If that does not work, contact the carrier for some provisioning FUBAR appears to have transpired. Of course, assuming VZW is the carrier.
    Thanks friend. Both things worked. I'm happy now. On to Preware.

    ET

Posting Permissions