After installing ipkg-opt, openssh, sudo, .... and reboot, the phone doesn't ring neither on incoming calls nor in youtube.
    I can play a sound through aplay, but not through luna.

It seems pulseaudio can't be started (see last line of the listing):
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Device suspended...
    I: client.c: Created 1 "Native client (UNIX socket client)"
    I: protocol-native.c: Got credentials: uid=0 gid=0 success=1
    I: module-palm-policy.c: setting data->sink (physical) to pcm_output for streams created on pringtones (virtual)
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Trying resume...
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Resumed successfully...
    I: module-alsa-sink.c: Starting playback.
    I: sink-input.c: Created input 0 "GST Playback Stream" on pcm_output with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
    I: protocol-native.c: Requested tlength=200.00 ms, minreq=50.00 ms
    I: protocol-native.c: Final latency 200.00 ms = 149.95 ms + 2*0.02 ms + 50.00 ms
    I: module-palm-policy.c: new event received on sink-input with index 0
    I: module-palm-policy.c: route_stream_state_changed_hook_callback: sending state change notification to audiod
    I: module-palm-policy.c: parse_message: volume command received, sink is 3, requested volume is 84, headphones:0
    [1] + Stopped (signal) /usr/bin/pulseaudio --system=false -v --log-target=stderr

2011-02-23T14:21:20.426086Z [1055] roadrunner user.info powerd: {powerd}: POWERD-SUSPEND: Activities since wake:
    2011-02-23T14:21:20.426269Z [1055] roadrunner user.info powerd: {powerd}: POWERD-ACTIVITY: (com.palm.lunastats-5) for 10000 ms, expiry in 9715 ms
    2011-02-23T14:21:24.395996Z [1059] roadrunner user.info powerd: {powerd}: POWERD-ACTIVITY: PowerdActivityStop: (com.palm.lunastats-5)
    [1] + Segmentation fault /usr/bin/pulseaudio --system=false -v --log-target=stderr

Any idea how to correct it?
    bump! I have a similar issue, sudo killed my sound.

xxx@palm-webos-device:/ pusleaudio
    blah blah blah...
    E: core-util.c: Failed to create secure directory: permission denied

I can't get sounds through aplay or luna.

also seems to have killed my PDK games. Seems some permissions have been seriously messed with somewhere, I tried the emergency ftsab fxer just for the hell of it... No love.

would love to solve this without a visit to the Doctor if I can.
    any suggestions?

oops, found this thread with search, just noticed it's in the pre2 forum, I have a Verizon Pre+ running 1.4.5...
    Last edited by Jawzx2; 03/20/2011 at 01:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I used to have sudo and rsync on 1.4.5 before I upgraded to 2.1.0. After the upgrade they were gone. I can't remember if they were provided by Palm in 1.4.5 or if I installed them with ipkg-opt. (I'm pretty sure I installed sudo with ipkg-opt but I really can't remember where rsync came from. Both have been there for a long time.) In 2.1.0 I wanted them so I used ipkg-opt and after that, my phone was so messed up that I had to revisit the doctor. I needed the phone so I couldn't spend the time to track down what had really gone wrong.

I've been hoping a package for each would appear in Preware. If one doesn't soon, I'll eventually have to try again when I have time to figure out what breaks.

Dave