1.    #1  
    So, I am indeed getting my free Pre 2 from VZW (free due to the GPS issues on the Pre Plus). FedEx has it in transit for delivery tomorrow. Now I'm wondering what would make the most sense. I can keep the Pre 2, which may or may not have improved GPS and may or may not get the 2.1 update. Alternatively, I can sell it on Ebay ($300ish??) and keep my patched and overclocked Pre Plus until I'm eligible for an upgrade in December.

If the GPS is not markedly improved in the Pre 2 what BIG advantages does it hold over the Pre Plus?
    its ridiculous speed and of course 2.0. Wait till you try it out its very fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    If you sell it now, you'll be able to get a better price than a couple of months down the road.
    webOS 2.0 is brilliant on a Pre 2, but frankly I can appreciate a Thunderchief Pre just as much. Pre 2 is extremely smooth in terms of speed, but an OC'd Pre can be whambamthankyoumam snappy.

Oh I sold my Pre 2
    not even close. Overclocked pre plus is very slow compared to a pre 2. It has been stated by by many new Pre 2 owners on this forum. I own both and a pre minus and the Pre 2 blows it out of the water.

a pre plus overclocked is "usable" but after using the pre 2 it is just very annoying to wait and the pre 2 restarts in about a minute compared to pre plus's 4+ mins
    I had an overclocked Sprint Pre before this, and received my Verizon Pre2 a few days ago. I cannot believe how fast this phone is, everything is so smooth and there is virtually no lag for any applications. I would highly recommend this phone.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    not even close. Overclocked pre plus is very slow compared to a pre 2. It has been stated by by many new Pre 2 owners on this forum. I own both and a pre minus and the Pre 2 blows it out of the water.

a pre plus overclocked is "usable" but after using the pre 2 it is just very annoying to wait and the pre 2 restarts in about a minute compared to pre plus's 4+ mins
    Sorry to disagree, but my experience ahs been rather different. While my Pre + with 'SEVENTY SIX' patches never took longer than 3.5 minutes for a complete restart, the Pre 2 without any patches consistently takes longer than 5.5 minutes for a complete restart. Personally I would gladly go back to my Pre + if I could.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Sorry to disagree, but my experience ahs been rather different. While my Pre + with 'SEVENTY SIX' patches never took longer than 3.5 minutes for a complete restart, the Pre 2 without any patches consistently takes longer than 5.5 minutes for a complete restart. Personally I would gladly go back to my Pre + if I could.
    Yea Sanjay we had a thread about this where everyone concluded there is some kind of problem with your pre 2. 5 min is not normal by any means.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    I had an overclocked Sprint Pre before this, and received my Verizon Pre2 a few days ago. I cannot believe how fast this phone is, everything is so smooth and there is virtually no lag for any applications. I would highly recommend this phone.
    How's your GPS doing when just working with 3G and not wifi?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    One word: nonsense.

The Pre 2 may seem immensely faster to you which says as much about other users' experience of a webOS 2 device as it does about your experience of your webOS 1 devices.

There is no comparison possible in written word.
    You're happy; good for you.

Don't go saying "we concluded", because with 3 posts to your name there is no "we" and it sounds a bit offensive to your fellow forum user.

I say we because it was a thread of people claiming not to experience any type of reboot like that. His posts claiming that Pre 2 has longer reboot times than a pre plus based on a defective Pre 2 just discourages people from supporting the device by spreading false information. There is most definitely something up with his phone to be experiencing that.
    Last edited by drahgon; 02/22/2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Must be hardware. The Pre2 boot time is very fast.

Ps, no name calling please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Must be hardware. The Pre2 boot time is very fast.
    After having re-doctor'd my Pre 2 today, I am still getting an average re-start time of 4 min 25 sec. Do you think this is a good enough reason to justify a replacement under warranty by HP? Although, even if they are willing to replace, I have a bigger problem of having to send the phone back to the US, get it replaced and then again get it sent back to India. Ofcourse, have to make sure to get the phone activated in the US, for app catalog access, before having it sent to India. Hmm.. I sometimes wonder if Palm actually wanted to sell any phones at all. I mean they sure made it as difficult as they could for their prospective customers.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    It was a hard decision for me. The 2 is a great device and a great improvement over my old Pre + but I have gotten too used to the big screen on my Droid X and couldn't make the switch back to Palm. Thus my 2 is for sale on the Marketplace.
  12.    #12  
    Well, mine is waiting on me at home, so I guess I'll find out soon enough what I'll do.
  13.    #13  
    GPS works great. Keeping this bad boy.