Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    So Pre Plus owners are getting the update to 2.1 and we are stuck at 2.0.1?

Something's not right..
    Yeah it's a little annoying...
    I don't see it as a big deal. HP has a firestorm on its hands right now and they have to deal with it. That release was a step in the right direction. I am sure 2.1 will come soon enough to the Pre 2's. The best part for those who bought them from HP is that the updates will come straight from them. No carrier to wait on. Not to mention 2.1 doesn't bring a ton of new stuff with it. Just a couple of things really and a few bug fixes I am sure.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4. SashoDikov
    while we are on the topic - is exhibition stuck in portrait mode only on 2.0 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by SashoDikov View Post
    while we are on the topic - is exhibition stuck in portrait mode only on 2.0 ?
    .... ? exhibition isn't in 2.0 or 2.0.1, it isn't expected until 2.1 which based on the topic of this thread... hasn't been released to the Pre 2 yet.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6. SashoDikov
    well then ... when you get it it will be portrait only, not landscape

i will step out of this topic, sorry for intruding
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Not to mention 2.1 doesn't bring a ton of new stuff with it. Just a couple of things really and a few bug fixes I am sure.
    I don't need any new feature on the Pre 2. I'm just craving for some bugs to be fixed ASAP!
    so if it's possible (and now happening) that legacy hardware is getting 2.1 ...why is it that HP isn't able to roll it out to sprint/vzw/at&t pre owners? Is it because the carriers don't want to do it? Or HP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    so if it's possible (and now happening) that legacy hardware is getting 2.1 ...why is it that HP isn't able to roll it out to sprint/vzw/at&t pre owners? Is it because the carriers don't want to do it? Or HP?
    We haven't seen it rolled out to any original Pre devices yet, have we? I'd bet myself that it's a mix of carriers not wanting to do it, and the fact that it's harder to have things working on the original Pre with less RAM, but maybe they'll prove me wrong.

But yeah, the carriers would have to test and support it, and for a phone that's approaching two years old, I'm not surprised they don't want to do that. Yes, Apple can upgrade its phones still after that long, but they've had a lot of exceptions already over the years, so it's a little different there.
    well, froyo only just came out for the epic... i'm sure that's not samsung's decision. so obviously if HP could push an update to everyone, it would but the carrier is involved in there somewhere what with carrier checks and authentication and profiles and so on. also, I would assume that (certainly) at&t doesn't care about its webOS userbase, it doesn't make them any money, and looking at how verizon's been treating the pre 2 of late, it doesn't care about them either. I think it's probable that 2.1 will really not run acceptably on a pre-, so sprint doesn't have any reason to either.
    i'd say at this point our best bet is rwhitby.
    How does the Pre Plus get 2.1 before the Pre 2...seriously Palm/HP ***!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    honestly i tihnk its verizon, it took the 3 months longer to update to 1.45 compared to sprint. i wish there was a way to load it from your pc and just bypass the verizon thing..
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    When is the Pre Plus getting 2.1?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the short answer is that the carriers dont feel the need to invest in the update.
    the longer one i think also has to do with liability issues. forexample in order for legacy phones to get updated they will need to be doctored. Now even with the warning stating HP and verizon or sprint are not responsible for what happens, who's ever phone does not wake up from the update wont care and things may happen.... its annoying there are many issues and after much thought i couldnt agree more with HP to just look forward. they need their new hardware out asap!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    When is the Pre Plus getting 2.1?
    Right now.. check the homepage of PreCentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim-1 View Post
    Right now.. check the homepage of PreCentral.
    That's just in Europe though, right?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    That's just in Europe though, right?
    Yup from my understanding it's just for GSM models.
    I don't need any new feature on the Pre 2. I'm just craving for some bugs to be fixed ASAP!
    amen!
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    Yeah seriously. Logically it makes no sense that HP/PAlm would have webOS 2.1.0 ready for a 'legacy' device while they don't for their 'only' current device. The only logical reason I can think of why HP has not released webOS 2.1.0 for the unlocked Pre 2 is that Verizon has just started to sell the Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.1 and HP does nto want to **** off Verizon and their Pre 2 customers by making webOS 2.1.0 avaialble for the unlocked GSM Pre 2. We all know how slow Verizon is with approving firmware updates, which can only mean that Pre 2 owners, including those with an unlocked GSM Pre 2 have a wait a long time before will see an update to webOS 2.1.0 for the Pre 2. So much for the theory that we will get quicker updates now that there is no carrier involved with the unlocked GSM Pre 2.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    amen!
    I'll add my AMEN! to that. An update to the bug infested webOS 2.0.1 was needed, like yesterday.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast