1.    #1  
    all,

since yesterday i can't get a data connection anymore via 3G. Wifi works fine but the rest doesn't.

also i get the message sometimes: "can't set network time" i guess this also means i can't get a data connection...

anyone knows what could be up.
    (I didn't install any homebrew apps yesterday or the day before).

thx,
    Nick
    happens to me too, fix is to set to plane mode then to set it off, you should get your data back
    Me three, data connection loss seems to be a bug. Sometimes I have to reset the phone to get data back.
  4.    #4  
    mm seems that even the 2.0.1 version is still pretty buggy
    would you guys happen to be using the Device Menu Mega Mix patch? I had that patch and I think it was somehow the culprit for my lost data connection. I ended up going into preware and running the Emergency Patch Recovery tool. You might want to do the same
    I have the same issue on my Unlocked Pre 2 with AT&T. When I leave a wifi network it will sometimes lose data on the 3G network. I have to toggle airplane mode on and off again. There is no indication of any issue on the phone. No error, nothing. The only way to tell is to actively try and use data for something, like web browsing etc.

This is a bad issue and needs to be addressed. I have turned off wifi until it is fixed. i think it is not getting a new IP address from the 3G network when it leaves the wifi network.
    I'm also not able to get data on my Sprint Pre.

I've been in a roaming area and today the data connection stopped working. The Data Connection link won't stay "On" (see photo.) I've tried turning Airplane mode on and then off. PRL is 60677.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    I'm also not able to get data on my Sprint Pre.

I've been in a roaming area and today the data connection stopped working. The Data Connection link won't stay "On" (see photo.) I've tried turning Airplane mode on and then off. PRL is 60677.Thanks.

I am no longer on Sprint (now Pre 2 on ATT), but I think I remember that there is a data roaming selection in the phone preferences on the Sprint Pre. It needs to be switched on to allow you to pick up data when you are roaming. In my experience, the data connection has been 1X when I was roaming.
    Thanks Beverly,

I have Data Roaming enabled:

OK, back to normal data. It must have been a problem with roaming on VZ's network,because it just came back on and I did not do a thing to try to fix it.

11. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I'm having this issue on my meta-2.1 VZW Pre2. Very annoying. Did anyone ever find a fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I'm having this issue on my meta-2.1 VZW Pre2. Very annoying. Did anyone ever find a fix?
    are you roaming?
  13. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
    are you roaming?
    No.