Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    So I have been hearing a lot of good things about Enyo so far. Will the next major update the WebOS have all the system apps rewritten in Enyo? If so can we expect to see WebOS improve in speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by bob616 View Post
    So I have been hearing a lot of good things about Enyo so far. Will the next major update the WebOS have all the system apps rewritten in Enyo? If so can we expect to see WebOS improve in speed?
    The short answer is we hope so. But you won't get any meaty discussion on the matter since anyone who has access to know anything about Enyo is under NDA and can't really discuss it at any length. I suppose one could go watch the presentations by Matt McNullty that have been made public on YouTube and discuss it with that information, but nothing else.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I have hoping for the past months that the improved Backend DB would make my pre minus and my staffs pixis fly. I know they added some bulk in 2.0, but I was expecting speed increases with 2.0 not heft. I guess I should just be thankful that the new hardware will be able to run it like butter, but the sad part is that by the time my staffs phones are ready for upgrade their pixi's are going to be trash.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    The video linked from the front page says that HP has rewritten or is in the process of rewriting all the native apps in Enyo, so that's a good indication of where things are going.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    The video linked from the front page says that HP has rewritten or is in the process of rewriting all the native apps in Enyo, so that's a good indication of where things are going.
    Yes, and the video also noted faster load times / scene rendering for Enyo based apps. I believe hardware acceleration is enabled, just not sure to what extent.