Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1.    #1  
    Alas, my journey is near an end!!!

    Last fall I filed a BBB complaint about the non-functional GPS On the VZW Pre Plus. I got a pretty quick response from someone at Verizon corporate offices and the end result of our conversation was an offer to trade my Pre Plus for any other phone that I wanted. She gave me a month or two to see if the GPS improved. That time frame lined up well with the rumored launch of the Pre 2, so I tried repeatedly to call her back and email her, but to no avail. The last I tried to contact her was shortly after Thanksgiving but she never returned any of my messages. I pretty much gave up hope and figured I could live another year on my Pre Plus. Well, after the Pre 2 launch was officially announced for 2/17, I filed a follow-up BBB complaint that the lady at VZW never returned my messages to allow me to take advantage of the exchange offer.

    So, I just got off the phone with another lady at their corporate offices and she wanted a recap of everything. She then asked if I knew what phone I'd be interested in. I told her the Pre 2 since I already had apps and stuff that I'd purchased. She typed away and told me they can do that. I'll get it in 2 days...FREE...and I get to keep my Pre Plus (which I'm sure I'll sell, or keep as a backup) and I get to keep my current contract w/ no extension, which means I can also use my mobile hotspot (since it's free under my current contract). All-in-all I guess I couldn't ask for a better result. So I can use the Pre 2 for about a year and then upgrade to whatever great new WebOS device is available.
  2. #2  
    That's cool. Plus it's fast shipping. I would have expected it sometime in July.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  3. #3  
    Great, now a ton of people are going to <complain>, I think that's a pretty crappy way of getting a new phone.

    But good for you.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 02/21/2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Sprint Love
  4. #4  
    If the complaint were not valid, I might agree. The GPS issue sucked, and considering the same issue doesn't exist on the Pre 2, I think Verizon did the right thing.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Great, now a ton of people are going to <complain>, I think that's a pretty crappy way of getting a new phone.

    But good for you.
    GOOD for the op, verizon spends enough time and effort to s crew its customers, glad someone got over on them. Why would this be a crappy way to get a new phone? Op just took advantage of an offer that was offered.


    Evo-lution
  6. #6  
    What exactly was the GPS issue? I know I've read a bit but not really looked in depth, because Sprint's Pre- GPS sucked pretty big ones too.
    Sprint Love
  7. #7  
    I never really had an issue with the GPS in the Sprint Pre, and I am certain it was only Verizon that gimped their GPS.

    Basically, if you wanted to use the GPS without using VZ Nav you may end up miles off course. It would never get a firm fix on your location.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 02/21/2011 at 10:00 AM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  8. #8  
    Interesting, thanks for the summary. I guess the sprint GPS wasn't as gimped as that.
    Sprint Love
  9. #9  
    Good for the op. I wish I could do this. I've been through 4 VZW Pre+ and the gps is non-functional as far as I'm concerned.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Great, now a ton of people are going to <complain>, I think that's a pretty crappy way of getting a new phone.

    But good for you.
    I couldn't agree more. VZW should just be honest and give people what they are paying for in the first place.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    They probably followed all your threads here on P|C and figured it was time to shut you up.
    Well, I won't be starting anymore of those threads. Even if GPS doesn't work on the Pre 2, I'll have a WebOS 2.0 device w/ non-functional GPS as opposed to a WebOS 1.4 device w/ non-functional GPS.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Alas, my journey is near an end!!!

    Last fall I filed a BBB complaint about the non-functional GPS On the VZW Pre Plus. I got a pretty quick response from someone at Verizon corporate offices and the end result of our conversation was an offer to trade my Pre Plus for any other phone that I wanted. She gave me a month or two to see if the GPS improved. That time frame lined up well with the rumored launch of the Pre 2, so I tried repeatedly to call her back and email her, but to no avail. The last I tried to contact her was shortly after Thanksgiving but she never returned any of my messages. I pretty much gave up hope and figured I could live another year on my Pre Plus. Well, after the Pre 2 launch was officially announced for 2/17, I filed a follow-up BBB complaint that the lady at VZW never returned my messages to allow me to take advantage of the exchange offer.

    So, I just got off the phone with another lady at their corporate offices and she wanted a recap of everything. She then asked if I knew what phone I'd be interested in. I told her the Pre 2 since I already had apps and stuff that I'd purchased. She typed away and told me they can do that. I'll get it in 2 days...FREE...and I get to keep my Pre Plus (which I'm sure I'll sell, or keep as a backup) and I get to keep my current contract w/ no extension, which means I can also use my mobile hotspot (since it's free under my current contract). All-in-all I guess I couldn't ask for a better result. So I can use the Pre 2 for about a year and then upgrade to whatever great new WebOS device is available.
    lucky you i opened a FCC complaint and I bet nothing happens
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  13. #13  
    And so it starts.
    Sprint Love
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    And so it starts.
    I bet there will be tons of BBB complaints now... lol

    Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    And so it starts.
    I'm actually one of the FIRST to file a FCC complaint
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  16. #16  
    Okay, I did this EXACT same thing... I need to call VZW back.
  17. #17  
    I can't wait to see if the pre2 gps works for the OP. Sounds promising!
  18. #18  
    The default in this country for quite awhile now has been for a corporation to see what it can get away with and to slide the (edit) by, emboldened by historical data that so few will cry foul that they'll deal with that minority until it looks like bigger consequences might be looming.
    We all need to try to change this presumption that too many corporations are operating under - Good for you YankBoy and way to fight back (and in a totally legit manner)!
    Last edited by pogeypre; 02/21/2011 at 02:53 PM.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I bet there will be tons of BBB complaints now... lol

    Sent from my HTC HD2
    Shouldn't there be?

    VZW sold this phone under the premise that it had functional aGPS, which it did not. Organizations like the BBB exist for reasons just like this.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Shouldn't there be?

    VZW sold this phone under the premise that it had functional aGPS, which it did not. Organizations like the BBB exist for reasons just like this.
    Agreed, I just hope people don't try to take advantage of Verizon now. While it should have been fixed in the first place, Everyone complaining and demanding free phones isn't the way to go.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions