Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I can't wait to see if the pre2 gps works for the OP. Sounds promising!
    We'll see how it goes. Initial reports of the aGPS seemed promising, but they have turned south more recently. If it turns out the aGPS doesn't work much better than the Pre Plus, I may just sell the Pre 2 on Ebay. I figure I could get a decent amount for it
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Agreed, I just hope people don't try to take advantage of Verizon now. While it should have been fixed in the first place, Everyone complaining and demanding free phones isn't the way to go.
    VZW actually chose the free phone option. In my original complaint, I stated that I would be happy with 1 of 3 outcomes: 1. being released from my current contract; 2. a $10/mo bill credit for the remainder of my current contract so I could subscribe to VZ Nav; 3. getting a new phone.

    I thought that seemed pretty fair.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jthore View Post
    The default in this country for quite awhile now has been for a corporation to see what it can get away with and to slide the (edit) by, emboldened by historical data that so few will cry foul that they'll deal with that minority until it looks like bigger consequences might be looming.
    We all need to try to change this presumption that too many corporations are operating under - Good for you YankBoy and way to fight back (and in a totally legit manner)!
    This. I'm just amazed at how much abuse Verizon inflicts upon its customers w/o major repercussions. If I were on Verizon and found out what they did to my Pre, I'd be on their case until they do something about it. There's no excuse for the dirty bait-and-switch tactics that Verizon played with the GPS on the Pre Plus. I hope more Pre Plus owners do file complaints.
  4.    #24  
    It does seem odd that Verizon would rather give me a $400 phone for free, rather than a free subscription to VZ Nav for the remainder of my contract (which would be $100).
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    If the complaint were not valid, I might agree. The GPS issue sucked, and considering the same issue doesn't exist on the Pre 2, I think Verizon did the right thing.
    YES!
    Just call me Berd.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    VZW actually chose the free phone option. In my original complaint, I stated that I would be happy with 1 of 3 outcomes: 1. being released from my current contract; 2. a $10/mo bill credit for the remainder of my current contract so I could subscribe to VZ Nav; 3. getting a new phone.

    I thought that seemed pretty fair.
    Im not arguing the point. I think they did the right thing in giving you the option for a new phone. I am only hoping this doesn't escalate into everyone with a Vzw Pre plus harrassing Verizon for a free phone, although I get the feeling they will have a few left over Pre 2s.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Im not arguing the point. I think they did the right thing in giving you the option for a new phone. I am only hoping this doesn't escalate into everyone with a Vzw Pre plus harrassing Verizon for a free phone, although I get the feeling they will have a few left over Pre 2s.
    Good on the OP.

    I also hope people don't do deceitful things.
    Like my Pa always said:
    Crap in one hand, and hope in the other, and see which one gets full first.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/21/2011 at 06:40 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
  8. ieko's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    #28  
    Doh -- I should've thought of this.

    I've been lost more times than I can count on my Pre Plus... My latest was being lost in downtown San Francisco looking for a bus stop to get to the Think Beyond event -- wasted an hour trying to find it!!!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    I am only hoping this doesn't escalate into everyone with a Vzw Pre plus harrassing Verizon for a free phone, although I get the feeling they will have a few left over Pre 2s.
    What, all thirty of us?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessInWebOS View Post
    What, all thirty of us?
    Tru dat. In fact it may save them some money. I'm on my fourth Pre+ in a year due to hardware issues. It would be nice to get a Pre2 and quit swapping out my Pre+ every few months. I know it's probably cheap to fix refurbs but the labor can't be too cheap.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Agreed, I just hope people don't try to take advantage of Verizon now. While it should have been fixed in the first place, Everyone complaining and demanding free phones isn't the way to go.
    From my understanding of the issue from reading here in the forums, the OP's actions here are not "taking advantage of Verizon", and neither would the actions of any other VZW Palm Pre+ owner who, upon reading of the OP's success, went on now to do the same thing.

    Essentially, again, from my understanding, Verizon intentionally crippled the GPS function on their Pre Plus so that only VZW Navigator, their paid service, could get an accurate GPS fix; the Pre Plus' GPS would have worked fine without Verizon's choice to actively cripple it.

    Thus, the actions of the OP are perfectly valid, and other Verizon Palm Pre+ owners actually *should* do the same BBB complaint. Verizon was the underhanded one here, and they should not be allowed to get away with it.
  12. #32  
    ^yes
  13. #33  
    i agree if the GPS was not working like the ones in other pre phones with different carriers then is an issue with the carrier so Good job and also they never stated you would get a cripple GPS with your device.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

    Oklahoma Sooner theme

    If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    From my understanding of the issue from reading here in the forums, the OP's actions here are not "taking advantage of Verizon", and neither would the actions of any other VZW Palm Pre+ owner who, upon reading of the OP's success, went on now to do the same thing.

    Essentially, again, from my understanding, Verizon intentionally crippled the GPS function on their Pre Plus so that only VZW Navigator, their paid service, could get an accurate GPS fix; the Pre Plus' GPS would have worked fine without Verizon's choice to actively cripple it.

    Thus, the actions of the OP are perfectly valid, and other Verizon Palm Pre+ owners actually *should* do the same BBB complaint. Verizon was the underhanded one here, and they should not be allowed to get away with it.
    Thanks for the support. I did try to go through all the proper channels. VZW was pretty unwilling to help with the issue, so I took my case to the BBB. That's what they are there for, right? I tried a long time ago to get every VZW Pre Plus user in this forum to file a BBB complaint and just flood them complaints. They HAVE to respond to BBB complaints and they have to file a report with the BBB as to how the case was resolved. It didn't even take any cajoling on my part to get the free exchange offer. It was the first solution offered by the executive relations lady I spoke with. She then got a technical guy on the phone and he made the same suggestion about a free exchange.

    The lady I spoke with after filing my follow-up complaint wasn't nearly as polite. She wasn't rude, just very abrupt and she was trying to put the blame on ME for not doing my research. I didn't want to get into an argument and have her rescind the offer so I just bit my tongue. She didn't bat an eyelash when I asked for the Pre 2 though. Maybe I should have asked for the iPhone, ha.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    What exactly was the GPS issue? I know I've read a bit but not really looked in depth, because Sprint's Pre- GPS sucked pretty big ones too.
    Really poor accuracy. Crazy bad at times. Sometimes getting LESS accurate as you watched which is the opposite of the norm for GPS.

    Long load times for GPS apps then completely inaccurate position fixes. Often while on the front porch I had it tell me I was 2 miles from where I am despite telling me my GPS accuracy at the time was around 1700m. 1700m +/- is bad enough - but when it claims to be that accurate and you know it's twice that bad... <sigh>

    EDIT: Just a bit more fuel... I started Google maps and had an accurate position. Left the phone unattended for a few minutes and checked it again to find it had shifted my position about 3 miles from here. Discard maps and restart - I'm still 3+ miles away (LOL). I didn't move the phone at all...
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 02/23/2011 at 02:41 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions