Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The script is ready in the other thread.

Use ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre2-2.0.1

-- Rod
    How come this script doesn't appear to touch the palm-build-info? I was under the impression that this was necessary to get a Pre 2 with Sprint comm board to properly access the app catalog. Let assume you've already got a working Sprint Pre 2 prior to these scripts. What's the recommended way to fix up any app catalog issues without having to redoctor?

Also, why is the script using a combination of Verizon 2.0.1 and WR 2.0.1? I believe the Verizon 2.0.1 is a slightly later build number, and could be used solely to accomplish doctoring a Sprint Pre 2 (assuming you bypass carrier and device checking). I guess you're assuming the person has updated his tokens to match that of the WR Pre 2 after the comm board switch.
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    How come this script doesn't appear to touch the palm-build-info? I was under the impression that this was necessary to get a Pre 2 with Sprint comm board to properly access the app catalog. Let assume you've already got a working Sprint Pre 2 prior to these scripts. What's the recommended way to fix up any app catalog issues without having to redoctor?

Also, why is the script using a combination of Verizon 2.0.1 and WR 2.0.1? I believe the Verizon 2.0.1 is a slightly later build number, and could be used solely to accomplish doctoring a Sprint Pre 2 (assuming you bypass carrier and device checking). I guess you're assuming the person has updated his tokens to match that of the WR Pre 2 after the comm board switch.
    The key items of the new technique are that no tokens need to be changed, and the carrier and device checking is not bypassed (but instead modified).

WR 2.0.1 is the most "vanilla" of source materials. Installing Verizon apps on a device which has never been in a contract with Verizon is not considered "kosher" for this procedure.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The 2.1.0 WiFi only version of the Sprint Pre- meta doctor doesn't allow me to access App. Catalog, is this normal? Or do I need to create a Palm Profile to do that?

I'm just assuming that you're using the same meta-doctor materials for the Pre 2 upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    The 2.1.0 WiFi only version of the Sprint Pre- meta doctor doesn't allow me to access App. Catalog, is this normal? Or do I need to create a Palm Profile to do that?

I'm just assuming that you're using the same meta-doctor materials for the Pre 2 upgrade.
    The wiki page clearly states:

"Then, when your device boots after step 4, all you need to do is configure and start wifi and then run the Gesture Tutorial and you should be good to go."

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

Please read the wiki page twice from top to bottom before asking questions in this thread.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post

Here is the post to help you get back to the best possible condition. The best option is to put all of your Pre 2 tokens back in place but if you don't have them, this minimal list will get you where the stock WR Dr. works just fine.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2892391
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Based on those I know of personally your experience is not typical.
    I just want to clarify that I only had this problem for a short time after doctoring the Sprint Pre 2. I can now use it as I used my Pre before with no problems.
    The 2.1 update is showing up as available on my Sprint Pre 2. Is it safe to install, or should I wait for a metadoctor?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    The 2.1 update is showing up as available on my Sprint Pre 2. Is it safe to install, or should I wait for a metadoctor?
    You should treat it as alpha testing and take all appropriate precautions (which may include waiting for someone else to do it first depending on your situation).

-- Rod
    It installed the update. The only problem I'm getting is that after closing the voice dialing app once, it won't launch again. I'll see if a reboot takes care of that.

EDIT: Reboot did get the voice dialing app working again. I guess the only other problem is I don't have Tux on my boot screen anymore.
    [QUOTE=rsanchez1;2902844]It installed the update. The only problem I'm getting is that after closing the voice dialing app once, it won't launch again. I'll see if a reboot takes care of that.

EDIT: Reboot did get the voice dialing app working again. I guess the only other problem is I don't have Tux on my boot screen anymore.
    [i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

No other issues or lost functionality? How did your patches hold up going from meta-dr'd 2.0.1 to the official 2.1 update?
    Just save the package list in Preware before you download the update OTA. Most of my patches did get uninstalled, but were all easily re-installed from Preware.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    So I can't manage to get the meta-doctor to work on either my Windows or Mac machines. I've read through the directions multiple times, I'm not sure if I'm just missing something completely. These are the last lines I received on both:

Windows:

rm -rf build/meta-sprint-pre2-2.0.1
    make unpack patch pack
    make[1]: Entering directory '/home/Aggrey Jacobs/meta-doctor'
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file and then move it to downloads/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.1.0.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make[1]: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.1.0.jar] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/Aggrey Jacobs/meta-doctor'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Mac:

unzip -q webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    [webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar]
    End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
    a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
    latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.
    unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar or
    webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar.zip, and cannot find webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar.ZIP, period.
    make: *** [build/pre2-p102ueuna-wr-2.0.1/.unpacked] Error 9

Thanks
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by aggreyj View Post
    So I can't manage to get the meta-doctor to work on either my Windows or Mac machines.
    Use these instructions: Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Sorry, i shouldve been clearer in my original post. I did the comm board swap already from the original pre to the pre 2. I am on the last step with my Pre 2 in recovery mode. I tried again on another windows machine. The one error i have noticed that keeps coming up on top on both pcs and the mac is:

Line 67: [: !=: unary operator expected

Also if its relevant, all 3 machines are 64 bit, one vista, one windows 7 and the mac is running snow leopard.
  15.    #155  
    My advice still stands, you are following outdated instructions if you are not working from the Wiki page I gave.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I followed the wiki page to do the comm board swap, metadoctor installation and running the script for getting the Palm Pre 2 running. I did all of this last night.
  17.    #157  
    Post the console log output from the start of running the meta-doctor script to the end of running the doctor.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Aggrey-Jacobss-Mac-mini:meta-doctor aggreyj$ make clobber
    rm -rf build
    Aggrey-Jacobss-Mac-mini:meta-doctor aggreyj$ ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre2-2.0.1
    DEVICE = pre2
    CARRIER = wr
    VERSION = 2.1.0
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL = webOS.tar
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga

Your custom doctor file will be created at build/meta-sprint-pre2-2.0.1/webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar

md5sum: downloads/: Not a regular file
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre2-2.0.1: line 67: [: !=: unary operator expected
    rm -rf build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar
    ( cd build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    ( cd build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar resources/verizon.tar )
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS
    gnutar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS \
    -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/webOS.tar -x
    cp scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/BootLogo.tga
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier
    gnutar -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/verizon.tar -t \
    > build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier/carrier-file-list.txt
    gnutar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier \
    -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/verizon.tar -x
    gunzip -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/rootfs
    gnutar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/rootfs --wildcards \
    -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar \
    -x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules ./etc/palm-build-info ./md5sums*
    touch build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/.unpacked
    rm -rf build/pre2-p102ueuna-wr-2.0.1
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102ueuna-wr-2.0.1
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar build/pre2-p102ueuna-wr-2.0.1/webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar
    ( cd build/pre2-p102ueuna-wr-2.0.1 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    [webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar]
    End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
    a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
    latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.
    unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar or
    webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar.zip, and cannot find webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar.ZIP, period.
    make: *** [build/pre2-p102ueuna-wr-2.0.1/.unpacked] Error 9
    Aggrey-Jacobss-Mac-mini:meta-doctor aggreyj$
  19.    #159  
    The md5sum error is the problem.

Remove the downloads directory and start again.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hmm, okay I just tried deleting the folder and running the script again and ran into the same error. I tried deleting it and just running the script without creating it myself and then I tried deleting the folder again and recreating it myself. The md5sum error is still showing up.
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast