Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is the case. However, others reading your post may assume it applies to them as well.

-- Rod
    I had already put 2.1 on my sprint pre - will it hurt anything that I ran the full script after making my sprint pre2?
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfireman82 View Post
    I had already put 2.1 on my sprint pre - will it hurt anything that I ran the full script after making my sprint pre2?
    No, it won't hurt anything.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Finished the swap! Doctoring now...
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    w00t!!!! It says "Sprint"
    Developer of:

Everything went well, with the exception of my vibrate motor not working. I assume some of the stupid sticky tape is blocking the motor. Time to take it apart again... =(
    Developer of:

6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Everything went well, with the exception of my vibrate motor not working. I assume some of the stupid sticky tape is blocking the motor. Time to take it apart again... =(
    Yeah, I got Rich to specifically note that on the pictures ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Fixed!

Here are some pics of my install...

Developer of:

Nice Pics Kev. Much better than my blurry ones (the stock Pre 2 lens is not good for close work). I wish I had a better camera to do the guide photos with.
    Palm is sending me a free Pre 2, and my gf wants me to make her a Sprint Pre 2 with it, so I may take the same pics you did with my camera, and then we can just swap out your pics with my pics, yet leave all the text the same.

Would that be helpful you think?
    Developer of:

I definitely think it would be helpful having nice, crisp images like those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Palm is sending me a free Pre 2, and my gf wants me to make her a Sprint Pre 2 with it, so I may take the same pics you did with my camera, and then we can just swap out your pics with my pics, yet leave all the text the same.

Would that be helpful you think?
    all of the eiditing would have to be re-done ie. circles arrows detail etc. if you want to do that and send them to me I will update them. Make sure you keep all of the colors the same so I don't have to change the text.

PM me when you are done and I will give you an email to send them to.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    all of the eiditing would have to be re-done ie. circles arrows detail etc. if you want to do that and send them to me I will update them. Make sure you keep all of the colors the same so I don't have to change the text.

PM me when you are done and I will give you an email to send them to.

Awesome, sounds good.
    Developer of:

Hey guys, just got done Sprintifying my Pre 2. For about 45 minutes after I doctored it, I couldn't get voice working, but now it looks like voice works. I was just wondering if that is normal. Data worked the whole time, it was just voice that was giving me problems.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Hey guys, just got done Sprintifying my Pre 2. For about 45 minutes after I doctored it, I couldn't get voice working, but now it looks like voice works. I was just wondering if that is normal. Data worked the whole time, it was just voice that was giving me problems.

Not sure if this was the same in your case, but after I Sprinted my Pre 2, there was not a "Sprint" in the upper-left where the Network normally is.... just deep dark black. Despite this tho, I was able to make calls right away. "Ev" data the whole time.
    I had Sprint up there the whole time. Maybe it just took some time after the doctoring to restore all functionality, I just wanted to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I had Sprint up there the whole time. Maybe it just took some time after the doctoring to restore all functionality, I just wanted to make sure.

Based on those I know of personally your experience is not typical.
    Quote Originally Posted by erickb510 View Post
    Not sure if this was the same in your case, but after I Sprinted my Pre 2, there was not a "Sprint" in the upper-left where the Network normally is.... just deep dark black. Despite this tho, I was able to make calls right away. "Ev" data the whole time.
    Based on what you are reporting, you may not have gotten the firmware updated properly and may have the dropped call notification issue as well as SMS MMS issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Based on what you are reporting, you may not have gotten the firmware updated properly and may have the dropped call notification issue as well as SMS MMS issues.
    . . . Yes, yes, and yes! Frankly i'm dumfounded! What did I do wrong? I don't have data anymore (after turning my phone off the first time), when I end a call I get the dropped call message, and when I sent my first SMS, it sent 4 garbled texts to the recipient.
    Finally SUCCESS!! Thanks Rod, Rich, and webos internals for the time you invest in the webos community!

After installing Cygwin on a different computer and re-doing the entire meta-doctor process, I can now say that I have a healthy Sprint Pre 2!

To clarify, after setting up your meta-doctor via Cygwin, can you run the .jar file without having Cygwin running in the background?

Attempt #1: I used the file found at:build/meta-sprint-pre2-2.0.1/webosdoctorp102ueuna-wr-2.0.1.jar.
    This resulted in a non-working/buggy version of 2.0.1 that I described.

Attempt #2: I followed directions exactly: running Cygwin in the background while the meta-doctor did its thing....
    awesome work! Is there anyone in the bay area that would be interested in doing this? I've got the pre 2 and a sprint pre and some cash, but no ability! I can't send it somewhere because I walk my students everyday and can't be without my phone in case something happens.

thanks!
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast