Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    you guys are superhuman...excellent work...in the process of lining up a Pre2 and have the service done with WebOs world.....Thank you
    Hi. Is there anyone willing to do the swap for a fee. Although, I understand some of this, I have to admit it seems just a little out of my league to attempt this without someone holding my hand. If someone was willing to hold my hand, I would try it myself, but I'd still probably very hesitant. Please PM me, if anyone is willing to assist, as I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAGALUN View Post
    Hi. Is there anyone willing to do the swap for a fee. Although, I understand some of this, I have to admit it seems just a little out of my league to attempt this without someone holding my hand. If someone was willing to hold my hand, I would try it myself, but I'd still probably very hesitant. Please PM me, if anyone is willing to assist, as I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
    WebOSworld.com offers the service
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    i ran the doctor that the error script made and when the phone starts up it gives me an activation error
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2925360
    well I started with a activated pre minus. The script ran but at the ended it gave me an error. I posted log in previous page. Sorry for vague info I am currently away from my computer.
    well I started with a activated pre minus. The script ran but at the ended it gave me an error. I posted log in previous page. Sorry for vague info I am currently away from my computer.
    If it ended with an error then it didn't complete the meta Dr. Therefore what you ran was one of the stock Dr's the script downloaded.

Also, it looks like the Dr. you reference here is for a Sprint Pre minus to 2.1
    I just completed a Sprint Pre2 conversion. I did the com swap, and ran my meta doctor.

At first everything looked fine but I could not get any sound to come out of my Bluetooth stereo headphones. I tried to let the stock speaker take over but still no sound. I also tried regular headphones but no sound as well. My regular Bluetooth does work with my phone calls though.

After reading a few posts, It looked like I needed to dr my phone with the WR 2.1 doctor which I did. However this did not fix the problem.

What should I do next?

EDIT: Nevermind, user error. The battery tab was under the phone bezel so it blocked the audio connections. If its not software, its hardware.

Thanks,
    Last edited by troymiller; 03/31/2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: pointing out user error
    How did you all get Preware on your device after Franken Pre'ing it?

I am trying to use the stand alone Preware installer and it just says "Error".

I try palm-install and get "palm-install: unrecognized device version", but I am guessing that is because my SDK version may be older than 2.1.0... need to update it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtwilliams View Post
    How did you all get Preware on your device after Franken Pre'ing it?

I am trying to use the stand alone Preware installer and it just says "Error".

I try palm-install and get "palm-install: unrecognized device version", but I am guessing that is because my SDK version may be older than 2.1.0... need to update it.
    ...posted too soon. Did not have the standalone installer in the same dir as the franken pre 2 doctor jar.

Once I update my SDK, should I be able to use palm-install with my franken pre 2? I would like to use it for development, since this is a development WR Pre 2
    I did the comm board swap from a Sprint Pre- to a Unlocked GSM Pre 2 two days ago. The Pre- had WebOS 2.1 on it, so after the swap I just installed the stock WR doctor. Everything is working great, except GPS. Did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtwilliams View Post
    Once I update my SDK, should I be able to use palm-install with my franken pre 2? I would like to use it for development, since this is a development WR Pre 2
    I've had no issues with the sdk or palm-install on my franken-pre-2. You should be good to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I did the comm board swap from a Sprint Pre- to a Unlocked GSM Pre 2 two days ago. The Pre- had WebOS 2.1 on it, so after the swap I just installed the stock WR doctor. Everything is working great, except GPS. Did I miss something?

go to location services and enable gps and google services
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Id say go for it to eliminate any further doubts.
    Done.
    Nokia 6185 > Sanyo SCP-5300 > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Pre> Franken Pre 2 > iPhone 4S
    (All Sprint)
    go to location services and enable gps and google services
    Wow, I feel like a jackarse. That was the first thing I checked, but I didn't realize the context menu with the google services. Turned that on and it's working. Weird that it doesn't with with just GPS enabled, it needs both.
    Does anyone know if An already activated pre2 can be activated on a different sprint account or would I need to swap the com board back to the pre minus activate that on the account then swap back into the pre2?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Performed the franken sprint pre2 conversion this morning. Everything went mostly smooth except voicedial isnt working for me at all. Neither holding the volume rocker OR clicking the voicedial app icon will launch. Has anyone else had this issue or have an idea for a fix here? I followed all the prescribed steps on the wiki. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    voice dial is working great for me , and i just did the frankin pre2 last night with an AT&T unlocked pre2
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adrand View Post
    Performed the franken sprint pre2 conversion this morning. Everything went mostly smooth except voicedial isnt working for me at all. Neither holding the volume rocker OR clicking the voicedial app icon will launch. Has anyone else had this issue or have an idea for a fix here? I followed all the prescribed steps on the wiki. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    This is on the Wiki page: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

Basically, go to System Updates on your phone and install the ~7MB update.

EDIT: Sprint FrankenPre 2 and Verizon FrankenPre 2 sections of Wiki updated to point to the Voice Dialing section

Kevin
    Last edited by DDT1345; 04/02/2011 at 12:12 PM.
    Nokia 6185 > Sanyo SCP-5300 > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Pre> Franken Pre 2 > iPhone 4S
    (All Sprint)
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    DISREGARD THIS POST, I POSTED TOO EARLY AND AM STILL FIGURING OUT HOW TO GET THIS TO FULLY WORK.

This might not be the best place to post this, so I apologize in advance.

I created my Sprint FrankenPre 2 last weekend and everything went great. Now I have the following:

-GSM bezel/comm board from a WR Pre 2
    -Sprint Pre- phone without bezel/comm board
    -Full Verizon Pre+ (I was originally going to "Plus" my Sprint Pre-)

I would like to do the following:

-Create a WR Pre+
    -Create a Verizon Pre-

...but I'm stuck at where to start. I have all the tokens and I know how to use Meta-Doctor, but I'm not sure what WebOS Doctors to use in Meta-Doctor.

My best guess to create the WR Pre+ is to force the tokens in with a meta-doctored Verizon 1.4.5, then run the meta-wr-pre-2.1.0 script.

Has anyone done this? If so, any tips would be appreciated.

UPDATE
    I was able to create the WR Pre+ simply by getting the WR 2.1 doctor and following the instructions on the Wiki for a Sprint Pre Plus EXCEPT for the following settings:

DEVICE = preplus (instead of "pre")
    CARRIER = wr (instead of "sprint")

I used the tokens I got from the WR Pre 2 before Sprint FrankenPre2-ing it.

I have a GoSIM card and was able to send myself a text message to the WR FrankenPre+ from their website, so I think that proves it works. However, I'm missing SIM Toolkit. I'll try a few methods to see if I can get that to show up, maybe a redoctor with the stock WR WebOS doctor is in order.

Rod - should I somehow add this to the wiki? There doesn't seem to be any info on using your leftover parts to create "lower-class" FrankenPres.

Thanks,

Kevin
    Last edited by DDT1345; 04/02/2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: updated to disregard this post
    (All Sprint)
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    This is on the Wiki page: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

Basically, go to System Updates on your phone and install the ~7MB update.

EDIT: Sprint FrankenPre 2 and Verizon FrankenPre 2 sections of Wiki updated to point to the Voice Dialing section

Kevin
    Thanks Kevin, all working now! Your help is appreciated.