Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    All is well, my Sprint is now a Sprint/Pre2, Flash works, this is great! Thank you so much. Doing donation now...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    So if I already have my sprint pre minus tokens on the pre 2 how would I fix the problem with 9.9.9 profile

edit: wow anybody out there?
    one of two ways, you make a dr. To re-write all of your Pre 2 tokens back to the Pre 2 and run the stock Dr. And your profile will be good, or if you don't have those then you make a dr. To write the DMCARRIER = ROW, DMMODEL = P102UNA, PRODoID = P102UNA, and PN = 180-10840-00, then after that dr. Run stock wr dr. I have done it several time and it works.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I think you just run the unmodified Verizon Pre 2 doctor then, but someone else will know better.

-- Rod
    My phone is fully functional after simply doing an unmodified Verizon Pre 2 doctor and Sprint Comm board swap. (I just do not have the Sprint apps) Lexart and I both received the same Token Mismatch error when following the webOS 2 Upgrade guide, and we are both converting Verizon Pre 2.

Is it safe to say for others out there if they are going to use a Verizon Pre 2 then they just need to do a comm board swap and then run the stock Verizon Pre 2 doctor?

Is there anyway to confirm this. Lexart did you try the stock Verizon Pre 2 doctor?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Found a fix for my Voice Dial problem.
    I doctored straight to 2.1.0 and Voice Dial wouldn't even start. App wouldn't load. Just out of curiosity I checked System Updates and it said I could update to 2.1 OTA. So I said what the heck and went ahead with it.
    Now Voice Dial works, although it is buggy. After using it system sounds won't work sometimes.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    one of two ways, you make a dr. To re-write all of your Pre 2 tokens back to the Pre 2 and run the stock Dr. And your profile will be good, or if you don't have those then you make a dr. To write the DMCARRIER = ROW, DMMODEL = P102UNA, PRODoID = P102UNA, and PN = 180-10840-00, then after that dr. Run stock wr dr. I have done it several time and it works.
    so do I need to rewrite all of my sprint pre minus tokens as well as these? or just these?
    curious....Sprint Pre 2 (Sprint Pre minus comm + AT&T Unlocked Pre2)

Would doctoring with a stock Verizon 2.0.1 or unlocked GSM doctor 2.1.0 work (no token swap)? The downside being I would end up with verizon apps (the sprint comm is already activated) or no carrier apps. am I oversimplfying this or probably mssing something?

If it works then I figure I can live with the missing sprint apps but I would have a (as close to) stock phone and voice dialing etc should be stable? The phone is not with me until the weekend....so I want to try this to get the sound issue fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    so do I need to rewrite all of my sprint pre minus tokens as well as these? or just these?
    if you don't have all of your original Pre 2 tokens to write back, then yes, just those four will do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by adebo View Post
    My phone is fully functional after simply doing an unmodified Verizon Pre 2 doctor and Sprint Comm board swap. (I just do not have the Sprint apps) Lexart and I both received the same Token Mismatch error when following the webOS 2 Upgrade guide, and we are both converting Verizon Pre 2.

Is it safe to say for others out there if they are going to use a Verizon Pre 2 then they just need to do a comm board swap and then run the stock Verizon Pre 2 doctor?

Is there anyway to confirm this. Lexart did you try the stock Verizon Pre 2 doctor?
    Finaly I was able to spend some time today and re-attempt the flash. With VZ Pre 2 and *registered* Sprint Pre- comm comm board I ran stock unmodified Verizon Pre 2 2.0.1 doctor. This time I was able to get thru initial VZ phone screens and the VZ Pre 2 was on Sprint network!!!

So far I've tested all features and everytrhing works. My Palm profile apps all came down without issues. As expected, Sprint Nav app went away

I was able to get the Sprint Nav app re-installed following directions in this thread.
    Last edited by lexart; 03/17/2011 at 09:12 PM.
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
    You guys that are getting your Pre 2's activated on Sprint, are you getting charged the $10/month premium data charge?

Also, what phone does it say that you've activated, an original normal Pre?
    You're not activating a Pre 2 on Sprint, you're taking the comm board from an alread-activated original normal Pre and putting it into a Pre 2. It still says my account has a Palm Pre, not a Pre 2.
    Duh, that's what I thought, I already got my fiancee a Pre+ on Sprint I just forgot the process. Good, at least I can get her a WebOS 2.0 device without paying $10 extra each month.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Well, when I did mine, I didn't want to hack up my Sprint Pre Plus that I built a few months ago, so I grabbed my old 9/09 Pre- and activated it. I was ready to bit the bullet and pay the $10 fee, however it said no plan change was needed. With that comm board now in my Pre 2....I'm good to go and apparently no additional fee!

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    Well, when I did mine, I didn't want to hack up my Sprint Pre Plus that I built a few months ago, so I grabbed my old 9/09 Pre- and activated it. I was ready to bit the bullet and pay the $10 fee, however it said no plan change was needed. With that comm board now in my Pre 2....I'm good to go and apparently no additional fee!
    If that's the case then anyone could theoretically buy a cracked screen Pre- off eBay or craigslist, activate it on their Sprint account, then use it to do the comm board swap - without getting hit with the $10 bonus. Is that correct?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rgisraelsen View Post
    If that's the case then anyone could theoretically buy a cracked screen Pre- off eBay or craigslist, activate it on their Sprint account, then use it to do the comm board swap - without getting hit with the $10 bonus. Is that correct?
    it would seem that way. I know I helped activate a family members android and it showed the 10 charge, but mine did not.
    I don't think that would work. When most people do the swap, it is using their existing pre- comm board, so you aren't really activating another "phone" in Sprint's eyes. It's as if you doctored your sprint pre- and logged back into your profile. If you use a different pre- comm board than one that you already have activated, I'd think that you would have to pay the $10.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    It's a better idea (in my opinion) to have the Pre- activated before swapping anyway. That way, you'll know right away if you did the swap correctly.

I would recommend calling Sprint and asking if they would charge the extra $10 to activate a Pre-.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    It's a better idea (in my opinion) to have the Pre- activated before swapping anyway. That way, you'll know right away if you did the swap correctly.
    My understanding was that you have to activate it on a 1.4.5 device, since we don't have the sprint provisioner binary for 2.x devices.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post

I would recommend calling Sprint and asking if they would charge the extra $10 to activate a Pre-.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just got off the phone with a Sprint rep. At first she told me that it was impossible - even if my phone broke, I'd get hit with the charge when I activate a replacement. I asked about the "warranty/insurance" replacement option to avoid it, and then she confessed that technically she does have the ability to add a phone without having the charge go on - I would just have to call back to get it done. So evidently it's possible, but based on luck of the draw as far as which rep you get when you call.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    My understanding was that you have to activate it on a 1.4.5 device, since we don't have the sprint provisioner binary for 2.x devices.

-- Rod
    Interesting. So that means if I do get a cracked screen Pre- from eBay, I need to activate it on my account before even starting the swap.
    Interesting. So that means if I do get a cracked screen Pre- from eBay, I need to activate it on my account before even starting the swap.
    Yes, others have tried unsuccessfully to swap then activate, only to have to undo the process and redo it after activation.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups