Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    tried re-metadoctoring = voice dial still a no-go. app doesn't launch (this time freshly remetadcotred without any patches or flash)

is this a known issue with sprint franken pre2 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is a totally inadequate problem report.

-- Rod
    Sorry, I was not in a situation where I could provide a detailed report. When I would send a message (I tested sms, mms, and google talk) I type the message then hit enter and the message would show in my log but the text would turn grey and then a yellow ! box would populate next to the text that said "error could not send message" when clicked on. The recipient of the message never received anything. When someone would send a mms or sms to me nothing would come through. If someone sent a Google talk message I would receive it but I still could not respond to them.

I re-doctored back to 2.0.1 and then updated back to 2.1 again as a test and it worked fine the second time. Voice dialing and exhibition mode are there and work. Service works fine and all messaging types work fine.

Hope that is a little more clear.
    It *should* be fine, but no guarantee. Let us know how it goes and be ready to doctor if you have to.

-- Rod
    update installed. Everything seems to work right so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    update installed. Everything seems to work right so far.
    does voice dialing work for sprint 2 users? any way we could use internalz to copy over the ?missing files or turn it into a ipk from good installation on a pre-minus 2.1
    ok, began physically taking apart the Pre - (reminded me of taking apart my Treo to fix the keyboard), but at step 6/7, I got stuck. The clips/sliders don't seem to want to unclip, nor is the edge obvious - is it the major edge between top and bottom, where one edge lines up to power button? I can feel that part loosen (hope it is the right part)? Can some post video or more detailed images?

Putting it back together now...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  6.    #206  
    The correct edge is hidden from you when the slider is closed.

-- Rod
    Hey Rod, this is kind of a tricky question. My VZW Pre 2 is perfectly functional, but in the process of transferring the comboards I didn't understand the slider tab hooks. When I finally did it was too late and the printed sound circuit to the volume rocker was ripped. There is still about 2 cm sticking out and I kept the button part. Could I use solder paste, conductive tape, or epoxy to make it functional again?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    does voice dialing work for sprint 2 users? any way we could use internalz to copy over the ?missing files or turn it into a ipk from good installation on a pre-minus 2.1
    Voice dialing is working for me however, every time I use it, it disables all of my sound notifications. The only way I seem to be able to restore them is to do a reset. Is this a normal bug, or am I the only one getting this? I updated to 2.1 via OTA.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Hey Rod, this is kind of a tricky question. My VZW Pre 2 is perfectly functional, but in the process of transferring the comboards I didn't understand the slider tab hooks. When I finally did it was too late and the printed sound circuit to the volume rocker was ripped. There is still about 2 cm sticking out and I kept the button part. Could I use solder paste, conductive tape, or epoxy to make it functional again?
    Ouch. That's a bad one. I personally have no simple way to fix that. To replace that part you would need another Pre 2.

-- Rod
    @ursula: There will be some adhesive between the printed sound circuit and the bezel, and you will need to gently pull it off against the adhesive. As long as you didn't rip the ribbon apart you should be OK. It doesn't really need the adhesive anyway. I guess you'll find out if you did any damage when you can't change the volume...

@cyberprashant: Voice dialing didn't work for me initially, but a reboot took care of it. It has been buggy for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    @ursula: There will be some adhesive between the printed sound circuit and the bezel, and you will need to gently pull it off against the adhesive. As long as you didn't rip the ribbon apart you should be OK. It doesn't really need the adhesive anyway. I guess you'll find out if you did any damage when you can't change the volume...

@cyberprashant: Voice dialing didn't work for me initially, but a reboot took care of it. It has been buggy for me anyway.

For those of you with a Pre2 and voice dialing, is yours a native Pre2 or a Sprint Franken Pre2? I saw a post about the IPK's needed - could I install them manually from the Verizon Pre 2 doctor?

@ursula = there is a media volume in device menu patch that worked for me for a similar problem with a 1.4.5 sprint phone. That patch isn't ported over to 2.1 yet but when it is, you can control the volume from the device menu as a workaround
    My Pre 2 is a Sprint Pre 2. I got voice dialing from the OTA update from 2.0.1 to 2.1, not from a 2.1 metadoctor.

Thanks cyberprashant, I'll keep the lookout. Rsanchez1, the part that's connected to the bezel is stil there, it's just the button part that goes under the volume rocker ripped off. The ribbon is ripped in half.
    hmm maybe theory:

Sprint Pre 2 w/2.0.1 metadoctor or OTA to 2.1 = voice dialing works
    Sprint Pre 2 w/2.1.0 metadoctor = voice dailing fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    Voice app worked once for me, but it didn't pick an exact contact, it brought up a list of suggested names. Now it just goes straight to the regular phone app after processing.
    Last edited by GarrettQ; 03/12/2011 at 08:36 PM.
    so far I've donated $30 to date for @webosinternals for all their achievements...

can someone figure out the voice dial bug and I'll donate more (pre2 sprint 2.1.0 metadoctor)
    I found the media volume in device menu patch, I just hope the creator will update it. I emailed him asking if he planned to.
    The correct edge is hidden from you when the slider is closed.

-- Rod
    Thanks!

I managed to swap the boards and reassemble. Now to try the meta-doctoring on a Mac 10.5/Leopard... The scripts say I need to be a Mac developer, and the linux commands aren't too happy, so I may try to use my Foleo to do it (how cool would that be ;-) ).

BTW-I was there at Developer Day and witnessed the first frankenpre! Awesome job!
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I found the media volume in device menu patch, I just hope the creator will update it. I emailed him asking if he planned to.
    In the meantime, you could try the Mode Switcher homebrew app. It allows you to customize sound settings in addition to pretty much every other configurable option.

I am in the process of meta doctoring 2.1 onto my Sprint Pre. I may be receiving a GSM Pre 2 soon. Question is, what steps would I have to do besides swapping the com boards? Or is swapping the com boards all I would have to do since I would already have 2.1 on my Sprint Pre?
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast