Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    So I ended up swapping yet again back to the original Pre, doctoring to 1.4.5, made sure it was activated upon booting it up, swapped back and doctored to 2.1 on the Pre 2 and....
    Activation Successful!

I did have trouble signing into my Palm Profile at first though. It wouldn't let me so I decided to just make a new profile, but it wasn't letting me do that either. I reset the device and when I booted it back up it let me sign into my original Palm Profile. Fantastic.

Lovin' life yet again.
    My 2.0.1 meta doctored sprint pre 2 is wanting to OTA update to 2.1. Does the update affect it working on sprint?
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    My 2.0.1 meta doctored sprint pre 2 is wanting to OTA update to 2.1. Does the update affect it working on sprint?
    It *should* be fine, but no guarantee. Let us know how it goes and be ready to doctor if you have to.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I personally experienced no problems, but you should backup your data before downloading the update. Save your package list in Preware, save your data using Save/Restore, then backup your USB data on your computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It *should* be fine, but no guarantee. Let us know how it goes and be ready to doctor if you have to.

-- Rod
    I did the update and it broke my messaging. I doctored back to 2.01 and all was well. I also updated from 1.4.5 to 2.01 (sprint pre 2) without deleting my profile backup, and had no issues.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by beantastic View Post
    it broke my messaging
    That is a totally inadequate problem report.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I swapped the comboards on my VZW Pre Plus and my unlocked GSM Pre 2. How do I build the doctor for it now...
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I swapped the comboards on my VZW Pre Plus and my unlocked GSM Pre 2. How do I build the doctor for it now...
    Follow WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals and use the test-meta-verizon-frankenpre2-2.1.0 script instead of the sprint frankenpre2 script.

Report back with your results.

-- Rod
    Ok will do.
    Edit:

It's downloading, I'll report back.
    Last edited by ursula; 03/11/2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Phone activated, profile is restored. Thanks Rod!
    Sim toolkit is still on the phone
    Just ignore it, it won't do anything.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yeah, everything is perfect. I ripped the sound ribbon to the volume rocker so I don't have functional volume rocker buttons, but the difference from the Plus to the Pre 2 is overwhelming so I don't really care lol.
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Sim toolkit is still on the phone
    If you re-doctor with the latest version of the script (now with the test- removed from the name), it will be gone.

-- Rod
    so if the sprint pre--> franken pre2 (verizon/att unlocked pre2) doesn't require a token swap and only needs a comm swap,

can a sprint pre <--> sprint pre simply be a comm swap too and no token swap?
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    so if the sprint pre--> franken pre2 (verizon/att unlocked pre2) doesn't require a token swap and only needs a comm swap,

can a sprint pre <--> sprint pre simply be a comm swap too and no token swap?
    Yep, should work.

-- Rod
    1) cool - good to know. So then if that logic is true, then could sprint pre minus (-) ==> att pre plus / verizon pre plus be also done iwthout a token swap?

2) GOT the pre2 unlocked at&t. Swapped Pre (-) to this Pre2. In the process of applying metasprintfrankenpre2 doctor now. All systems are go at 64% so far, will post back with results. Will attempt to sign in with the family member's 1.4.5 profile to upgrade them to 2.1.0 and sounds like that should work well

3) One issue more of a hardware issue - the family member's bezel near the volume had cracked so I carefully removed my annetenna bezel harness assy and kept my comm board for myself and received the cracked bezel on my phone. A little scotch tape to teh rescue for me and the family member pre2 is now pristine. I Have a leftover GSM bezel from teh pre 2 but looks like the GSM antenna is soldered in tight - no way to remove it. So i guess I will live with teh scotch tape unless anyone can mail me a CDMA spare bezel or ebay it. this phone of mine is the sprint pre plus which is working well apart from this has a USB door cracked (how hard is the front bezel /screen assy to swap (looks very hard and not worth it). If it aint broke...

Now rebooting the sprintPre2 = all looks good thus far with a linux webos tux on reboot (adddl $10 to webosinternals as soon as this all finishes rebooting adn login sucessful). Signin attempt #1 = data not restored error (but palm.com/palmprofile changed to 2.1.0!). Sign in attempt #2 restoring data, reboot. Device info 2.1.0 no dr. skipped first use = perfection!

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME work Rod!!!!!!!!!
    only glitch thus far: voice dialer won't work for sprint pre2 app refuses to launch. This has happened to me on a sprint preplus->webos 2.1.0. solution was to re-metadoctor attempting that now....

I think the flash ipk or patch does something that interferes somehow...
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast