Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Besides the fact that spec-wise, it was already outdated 6 months ago, and that (honestly, wisely) neither carrier nor manufacturer is doing anything to promote it?
    I'm truly excited for the Pre 3, but the Pre 2 would only have been an impressive piece of hardware if it had come out 8 months ago.
    which spec is out of date? The gorilla glass? The 1ghz precessor? The hotspot that supports 5 devices? The pre isn't ahead of the pack, but it isn't behind either? Ok, it could use a better camera, ya happy?
    the pre 2 is not out of date at all !! there is only 1 other phone with a faster processor and the the pre3 and its not out yet !! correct me if im wrong please lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    pre 2 is out just to be out. It won't be promoted by vzw or hp. Neither company is trying to make the device out to be a sales champ. It was just released because it was already produced/a commitment needed to be filled/------- you fill in the blanks. Like the various winmobile and blackberry phones over the years, it was just added to the portfolio of devices offered by vzw to it's customers. Ever heard of the samsung saga, htc ozone, blackberry storm 2 or pearl get any advertising? No.

once you accept that, then atleast acknowledge that the pre 2 is a well loaded and competitive phone, just based on hardware specs alone, save for the camera. Pricing, lack of free hotspot, and the limitations of webOS are the major drawbacks.
    Remember, outdated means it doesn't have specs better than phones that will be released months from now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    which spec is out of date? The gorilla glass? The 1ghz precessor? The hotspot that supports 5 devices? The pre isn't ahead of the pack, but it isn't behind either? Ok, it could use a better camera, ya happy?
    Nah, the camera is perfectly fine, just needs a adjustable focus lens.

The only thing that really hurts it is the screen resolution.
    I really didn't mean "stop-gap" to be a knock on the phone. It's just the reality of the situation. It's what was already in the pipeline when HP took over. They had the choice of either releasing it or being out of the market for over a year. I don't think you can argue that the release support has been anything more than half-hearted.

The phone itself is great. It's the size I want and I'm loving WebOS. Honestly, I think the review sites and a lot of folks here do the average buyer a big disservice by being so spec obsessed. It's like telling the average user that they need a quad core Nehalem in their desktop to do their web surfing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12