1.    #1  
    How does one install self-signed SSL certificates on the Palm Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.1? The trick of opening an attached *.pem file in an email doesn't seem to work. When I try it now, webOS opens the attached file in QuickOffice (as a text file).

Heeelp!
    Device Info -> Certificate Manager -> install the certificate file from the USB drive.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #3  
    Excellent! Thanks!

Note: It doesn't matter which subdirectory in the "USB drive" you put it in. Seems webOS searches all dirs for certs.
    A question on this topic. What directory does the cert. get stored under on a Pre Plus?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    A question on this topic. What directory does the cert. get stored under on a Pre Plus?
    Bump, still hoping for an answer. I have 2.1.0 and for some reason can not delete the ones from my work using the Certificate Manager.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    In /etc/ssl and /var/ssl

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Device Info -> Certificate Manager -> install the certificate file from the USB drive.

-- Rod
    I put the Exchange server SSL certificate in the root directory of my Palm Pre Plus using the USB drive, then untethered and went to the certificate manager and hit the + to add...the phone has been sitting there with the rotating circle for about 5 minutes now...how long does it take for the phone to search for add the certificate?

Do I need to just let it be or intervene in some way?
    I'm using a .PEM file , the same I've used with 1.4.5 however it shows a no valid certificate message...

which format should i use??
    my mistake, I was using the wrong file

thanks
    can these correctly installed self-signed certificates be used in 3rdparty-apps (not stock-apps like web - it's working there) which are trying to open a secure connection?

specific problem:
    * Pre2 2.2.4 -> trying to connect to Synology NAS via SSL using SynoFM
    * Synology Certificate extracted and imported correctly to Certificate Manger of webOS and it is directly accepted when using the webos webbrowser via SSL (no question for accepting untrusted cert, like it was without importing it first)
    * when starting the 3rd party app via SSL it seems it can't rely on the imported cert:
    New App: Synology File Manager

* a real cert trusted by a root cert delivered within webos the 3rd Party app works:
    New App: Synology File Manager

Question is there any 3rdparty app that can rely on imported self-signed certificates, or is the webos API flawed in that sense? (webos chat support would not help me out on this - reason homebrew app)

That is all that is mentioned in dev forum:
    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...hp?f=11&t=8795
    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p?f=11&t=18071
    https://developer.palm.com/distribut...t=6369&start=0
    Can this be true, to have cert manager for self signed certs, that 3rd party apps can not rely on? In the last link it seems to work, so are there different ways ssl-connections can be established from 3rd party apps?