1.    #1  
    Hey guys, If this is a stupid question I apologize.

My fiance just got the Pre 2 for Verizon. However, I can't seem to find a way in Google Maps for her to use the navigation. it recognizing the location but there is no option for nav, just directions.

I have a Droid X so the navigation is built in. Is this a issue with me not being able to locate it, or does it just not exist? I don't mind paying the $10 a month for the VZW Navigator for her line, but Google Maps is just better (and free!), so I wondering if I can use it for her Pre like my Droid.

Thanks.
    unfortunately the google maps app is not as robust as on a android device. All you can do is get directions. Your only option is vznav. I do believe that there is a gps app called ndrive coming to webOS but it's not gonna be free, and only for webOS 2.0.
    Wait for nDrive for webos 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    I do believe that there is a gps app called ndrive coming to webOS but it's not gonna be free, and only for webOS 2.0.
    Well, since the Pre 2 has webOS 2.0 built in, that's not a problem.
  5.    #5  
    awesome, thanks guys! ill look into the Ndrive when it comes out. hopefully its not a subscription based app. $10 a month is a little steep for the vzwnav, i think.
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damnws6 View Post
    awesome, thanks guys! ill look into the Ndrive when it comes out. hopefully its not a subscription based app. $10 a month is a little steep for the vzwnav, i think.
    That's what I thought, until I realized that I would have to use VZ Navigator for 4 years to pay what I paid for a high-end TomTom device for my wife three years ago, a bigger plus since I didn't really start using VZNav until about a year ago... It's always up to date, and I'm simply impressed with how VZ Navigator performs overall.

The webOS version of VZ Navigator seems to have the same functionality. The only difference I've noticed is that the spoken directions will not route through my Jawbone the way they did on my BlackBerry.
    Hey guys we have released NDrive USA on the App catalog, it costs 49.99$ but the map is cashed on your device so you dont suffer any data charges while using the App.