Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JJCook
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Do any exist for the phone?

I put it in my GRT Case, but it was way too tight of a fit. The slider took a huge amount of force for it to move. I assume because the top of the case was designed for the curved top half of the Pre where as the Pre 2 is completely flat.
    I would not buy a case for it as the cases usually make the Pre have a worse "oreo" effect.

Does your slider have any oreo effect?
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    This isn't a known problem for the Pre2, yet.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Oh yeah it does, my (unlocked) pre 2 has a bit of oreo and an extremely irritating creaking noise when you either apply pressure to the hinge or the battery cover. Anyway, there is no real need for a case (makes the phone look even fatter), a pouch would usually do.
    I know there is a way to fix the creaking, search around for it. I think its putting something on the back of the battery door near the bottom sides, I forget though.

I'm sure the oreo effect isn't as bad as the original Pre's. I had one from Bell Mobility and it was pretty horrid.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    There will always be some play on the slider. Especially since the slider is on a curved surface. When closed, it's normal for there to be a slight bounce or a tiny amount of movement.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I wish they would continue shipping the sleeping bag with the Pre. One of the best, simplest cases I've ever had!
    bradenfontaine likes this.
    I bet you could find the sleep bag from the original pre on eBay. I don't know if the Pre 2 will fit inside though.
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    I bet you could find the sleep bag from the original pre on eBay. I don't know if the Pre 2 will fit inside though.
    Yes Pre 2 does fit inside that case. I can confirm that as I'm using the sleep bag case from my old Pre Plus with my new Pre 2. No issues there...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    I really like the GRT case for my Pre+. It provided good protection for the one time that I dropped my phone.

I would like to see the GRT case updated for the Pre2 and Pre3.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    does anyone know of a waterproof case? something for outdoor use when you want to take the phone but won't need to use it much.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    i had an otterbox for my first pre+ and it caused the oreo effect on mine. i love the protection that they afford, but not having the oreo effect from it. and yes im positive that it came from that. it was nice and tight before i put it on, and after i did, oreo.
    The little suede pouch still fits so that's all I'm using. My Pre Plus barely had a mark on it and all I ever used was the suede pouch.
    Talk about resurrecting a thread from a-ways back...

I was not too worried about getting a case for my Pre2... I bought it on eBay, hoping for a brief romance prior to being swept off my feet by the Pre3...
    Yeah, so, anyways... moving on...

IF Verizon EVER pull their finger out (would definitely NOT pass the smell test), I could actually relate to hanging onto the Pre2 for a while... it's a great phone.

BUT:
    The GRT case ("Mickey Mouse" case with the cutout for Touchstone on the back) does not seem to be available for the Pre2. Trying it makes for a very stiff slider... and it feels like it'll either do damage, or pop off at the slightest impact.

The GRT case saved my Pre+'s bacon on several occasions, and the rail system means that the Pre+ slider mechanism is RE-INFORCED, not stressed by the case.

I was wondering if anyone has heard/seen/bought anything like this for the Pre2, and if not, has anyone succesfully mod'ed the GRT case to fit better? I'm thinking Dremel to carve down, or Resins to build up...???

Thanks

russ