webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > How to create profile over wifi?
How to create profile over wifi?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gamebug

Old 02/17/2011, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi there,

I just got an unlocked palm pre 2 today. But I can't create my profile on speakout prepaid sim. Can I create it over wifi? However, I can't find any wifi option. Anyone can tell me how to do that?

Thanks!
gamebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by eaglbear likes this.
Old 02/18/2011, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

GuyFromNam, Thanks for your reply. I tried the second method. It works for me!
gamebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: pvmhien
Old 09/01/2011, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Could you please forward me those instructions. Thx
eaglbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2011, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hello,

My phone is a Palm Pre EU version. I ordered it from the UK, and I tried to use it in Cyprus. However, I had to create a profile, and because this was not possible to be done here in Cyprus, I had to metadoctor the phone. Here are the settings of the makefile I used:

# BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
# ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
# ENABLE_BETA_FEEDS = 1
# INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
# INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
# DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
# DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
# ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
# REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
# CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
# ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS = 1
VAR_PARTITION_SIZE = 2GB
# SWAP_PARTITION_SIZE = 512MB
# EXT3FS_PARTITION_SIZE = 2GB

# Select "pre", "preplus", "pixi", "pixiplus", "pre2", "pre3", "veer" or "touchpad".
DEVICE = pre

# Select "wr", "sprint", "verizonwireless", "bellmo", "telcel", "att" or "wifi".
CARRIER = wr

Everything works fine apart from the fact that I cannot access the App Catalog, Help, and have updates. I cannot also create a profile. I tried to access the app catalog or create a profile through wifi, through 3g or 2g connection both with my Cyprus and a UK sim card (from Cyprus), but nothing. I also tried through the developer's mode, but also no result.

I really hope someone will be able to help me on this.

Thank you,
studyhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2011, 09:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

you can bypass activation by entering #DEVMODE# or ##DEVMODE# into the dialer. select emergency call and erase 911 the enter the code and youll boot up in a few mins..connect to wifi and then continue...Get webosquickinstall and Install impostah on your pre2 and use it to create a palm profile.. then reset the palm profile and everything should work,market ect...

after doing this its the same as id you activated it normally, but theres a extra account left behind in the accounts app called Dr. skippedfirstuse..lol but you can just leave it there..

the last few steps there should get your appstore working too Studyhood
Aaronaaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2011, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

sorry i got the codes wrong

webOS 2.0 and 3.0 Devices
The activation-bypass tool is not needed for webOS 2.0 or 3.0 devices.

Go to the phone app.
On a GSM phone, press "#*DEVMODE#", followed by the call button. On a CDMA phone or the HP TouchPad, press "##DEVMODE#", followed by the call button. (If the device is GSM, and there is no SIM card, a screen may be displayed instructing you to install one. Just begin typing the "#*" and the phone app will appear.)
The Developer Mode scene will be displayed.
Select "On". You will be prompted to re-boot the device.
Aaronaaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2011, 11:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronaaudio View Post
you can bypass activation by entering #DEVMODE# or ##DEVMODE# into the dialer. select emergency call and erase 911 the enter the code and youll boot up in a few mins..connect to wifi and then continue...Get webosquickinstall and Install impostah on your pre2 and use it to create a palm profile.. then reset the palm profile and everything should work,market ect...

after doing this its the same as id you activated it normally, but theres a extra account left behind in the accounts app called Dr. skippedfirstuse..lol but you can just leave it there..

the last few steps there should get your appstore working too Studyhood
Hi,

I have already done this. I use impostah, but the 'activation' option is deactivated. The 'Palm Profile' option is available, and once I click on it, I get another two options. I click on 'Show Palm Profile' and I get the following info:
errorCode=No_TOKEN
errorText=Could not get account token from the db
alias=undefined
studyhood is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0