Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone get their Pre2 from Verizon yet? How is it, any issues so far?
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Well, according to other thread, no Verizon Store had them yet. So my guess is very few have them. Just a guess.

ET
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I should have it in my grubby little hands tomorrow. I'll let you know.
    I ordered mine last week and got mine today .. I didnt go thru Verizon, but went on the Palm site that said now taking advance orders for Verizon .. I am having issue with Yahoo Messenger .. I can add it, and it will say I am online but the messaging part dont work .. The google messenger part works fine .. As for everything else .. Its different ..
    Possessed By Thine Dreams...
    I think Yahoo Messenger has been jacked up in webOS since it was added way back in 1.4 or ... whichever it was.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Got mine in the mail today from Verizon and I'm very impressed with it. It's amazingly fast and the screen is super responsive. Everything just feels so smooth and without a trace of slowdown. Even the keyboard feels nicer to type on. The keys on my Pre + were a bit stiff, but on my Pre 2 they take minimal pressure to push. Still getting used to the slight visual changes, but overall I'm very pleased with my purchase so far.
    ...so envious
    Quote Originally Posted by vaxick View Post
    Got mine in the mail today from Verizon and I'm very impressed with it. It's amazingly fast and the screen is super responsive. Everything just feels so smooth and without a trace of slowdown. Even the keyboard feels nicer to type on. The keys on my Pre + were a bit stiff, but on my Pre 2 they take minimal pressure to push. Still getting used to the slight visual changes, but overall I'm very pleased with my purchase so far.
    I am also impressed with the phone .. And you are right its fast lol .. just wish the yahoo messenger would work and the flash is awesome ..
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    You guys are so lucky.
    Hi, is your PrPrPr&#$275$;$2$ $Palm$ $or$ $HP$ $branded$? $I$ $got$ $mine$ $Pr$&#$275$;$2$ $last$ $year$ $october$ $and$ $it$'$s$ $Palm$ $branded$.

- a Dutch webOS user -
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    The pre 2's are all palm branded. Verizon even has it in their system as the palm pre 2 still. HP branding doesn't start until the veer comes out.
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    The keys on my Pre + were a bit stiff, but on my Pre 2 they take minimal pressure to push.
    thanks vaxick for the info on pre2 keyboard. good to hear
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Geez loueeeeezzzzzzz FedEx...HURRY UP!!!

It won't be here till this afternoon, I live in the weeds and Yuba City is 40 miles away...
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Okay, so FedEx came through a few hours ago and I went on my merry way to set it up.

The initial set-up went smoothly. I got a little confused by managing and adding "accounts", but I got the hang of it.

Right now, if I had one comfort thing to get with, it's the keyboard. My big thumbs feel a little cramped on the top row, but otherwise, I'm not making too many mistakes. I like the size of the device very much, though I'm sure I'll welcome the Pre 3 with a bigger keyboard with open arms.

The one thing I'm going to start going through some serious withdrawals with, will be no more BBM (if I keep it)...that's going to be a tough one to give up.

The only other thing I've noticed that kind of took me by surprise was that notes on exchange don't sync with the other stuff, like tasks, etc. Not the end of the world, but I do have a lot of those to move over somehow.

All-in-all, not a bad first half of the day......
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treories View Post
    Hi, is your PrPrPr&#$275$;$2$ $Palm$ $or$ $HP$ $branded$? $I$ $got$ $mine$ $Pr$&#$275$;$2$ $last$ $year$ $october$ $and$ $it$'$s$ $Palm$ $branded$.

- a Dutch webOS user -
    Still Palm branded.
    Quote Originally Posted by treories View Post

- a Dutch webOS user -
    It says Palm Pre 2 on the box and has verizon logo .. but HP WebOS 2.0.1
    Just got my a few hours ago.

Build quality is much improved, especially the glass LCD display. There is some extremely slight Oreo cookie on mine, but nothing I haven't come to expect with a sliding form factor.

You can really notice a speed difference between the Pre2 and the Plus. There is no discernible lag anywhere on the device.

Flash works well, and I'm preferring Webos' setup to Android's in regards to how flash loads.

Keyboard is much better but the buttons are still mashy. I can type on this faster than my previous phone, a Nexus one, but only barely.

Overall much improved than the original pre & plus but not mind blowing. The best so far.
    I forgot how long the process took switching from my Pre + to the Pre 2 took several hours between syncing accounts, installing apps, moving music and photos. I'm disappointed Clear Card doesn't line up and it seems all text correction has to be manually entered? I type "r" and it stays "r" instead of auto correcting to "are". That seems to be a step back.The Asurion Mobile Recovery app doesn't seem to work either.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Mine also got here today, and I'm liking it. It does indeed seem faster (I was using an OC'd Pre +). Flash is great. And I got to give credit where credit is due: The folks at Verizon where nothing but a pleasure to work with (I was using an upgrade from a different phone). Google maps appears to be flawless. I've found a couple of apps that don't seem to be working correctly, but I'm sure they'll work it out as time goes by. Totally worth it imho.
    got mine today and don't regret the purchase at all. Its so much faster than my Pre-. I love the feel of the hardware and it feels better constructed.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast