Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    pdf reader will be added in a future release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    pdf reader will be added in a future release.
    lol We need a PDF anticipation thread maybe.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by iii View Post
    I got my Pre 2 over the weekend. Very disappointed. The main reason I got one is because the PDF viewer doesn't work on WebOS 1.4.5. I get PDF's daily and could never open them. Well shock of shock...!!! The PDF viewer is still broken!! It doesn't work on WebOS 2 either. I called support and they're very very very sorry....but too bad. They're aware of it.
    Interesting. It seems to work fine for me. I opened a PDF from both IMAP and Exchange emails. Also opened one from the web with no problem. It sure would be a lot more useful if it worked in landscape, however.
    FedEx delivered my Pre 2 today and have been playing with it all afternoon. I had forgotten how small it is (had HTC Droid Incred.) but I am quickly adapting and love it! Only concern is how hot the back get while charging. Is this normal?
    i have a pre+ and it always feels warm after being taken off the touchstone charger
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 44fordl View Post
    Only concern is how hot the back get while charging. Is this normal?
    I noticed the same thing on my Pre 2, and was wondering about that myself. Out of habit from my overclocked pre plus, I've been leaving the keypad open, I don't know it that makes a difference... any thoughts?
    ok sorry to hijack the thread but i just noticed on the verizon site that
    'Data pack required
    Early Termination Fee $175 (1yr and 2yr contracts)'
    i thought it was suppose to be 350?
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    freetether will help you feel better about MHS changes.
    is it compatible with webos 2.0 above?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    is it compatible with webos 2.0 above?
    Yep installed on my verizon pre 2 last night works great.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    ok sorry to hijack the thread but i just noticed on the verizon site that
    'Data pack required
    Early Termination Fee $175 (1yr and 2yr contracts)'
    i thought it was suppose to be 350?
    Just ordered my Pre 2 with a 1 year contract. I too noticed the same thing about the ETF being $175 and called VZ and confirmed with them to be true but only for a 1 year contract, ETF for a 2 year is still $350. Should have my phone by Wednesday, very much looking forward to it.

Does anyone know if all the VZ Pre Plus cases and accessories work with the Pre 2 as well? I am wanting to get the AGF GRT case for the Pre 2 but the one they have is so for the Pre and Pre Plus.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Just got mine activated and I'm loving it. Biggest issue so far is the stupid Google calendar limitation to 2 months in the future. Totally ignorant. If it is a performance issue they should at least give us the option of setting the date limits ourselves because I didn't have performance issues on my slow Pre minus. Guess I'm going back to the Palm Profile calendar.

One other thing I've noticed is that the 4231 code to turn off the unneeded notifications in the Clock app doesn't seem to work any more. It makes the system sound when I type it in like it's accepted the code, but I still get the useless notifications.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I should say also that I was very impressed with how easy activation and setup were. Tap a couple of buttons and put in passwords and it activated itself and restored all my data and settings, except of course the USB partion data, which only took a few quick drag and drops. Very slick!
    Does the verizon pre 2 allow custom text message ringtones for each contact?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Does the verizon pre 2 allow custom text message ringtones for each contact?
    Nope.
    I got one today and here's the deal:

1. Keyboard is better than the pre just slightly. Not leaps and bounds but noticeably.

2. The UI is definitely smoother. Swiping cards and loading apps is very smooth. I have an OC 1ghz pre + and pre 2 is definitely smoother.

3. Build quality is solid. No oreo yet.

4. NO POUCH! I love those, so I'll use my pre+ pouch.

5. Flash works decently. Video can be choppy but audio is good.

I've only had the phone for 2 hours so I'll let you know as I get more time with it.

It is definitely snappy to use. Very responsive. And auto-correct is every nice.
    I ordered mine last night from palm.com! Standard shipping (free!) and Fed Ex is saying I'll get it by 7 PM this Thursday. And no sales tax.

Now reading the User Guide . . . or is that cheating?
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    I just got mine a few hours ago and I'm in love. I personally like the keyboard and when you send messages there is a cute little airplane! It's pretty fast deffanatly faster then my ipod! And I keep dropping it when I'm laying down because it is a bit top heavy. I love it so much, the first guy when I ordered my phone was super nice and helped a ton but the guy who set up phone was mean rude and over all a jerk > I was getting very frustrated with him! All he wanted to do was sell me a Darn tablet. I really wanted to scream "THOSE DARN TABLETS ARE STUPID AND BULKY! Just give me my phone I paid for!" oh verizon... Anyway I love this phone seriously buy it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123