Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Joined the club today and I'm thrilled so far. I love the size and the form factor. The rest of the world can have their slab phones.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the keyboard. I have a Blackberry Curve for work and I'm really surprised at how much better I can type on the Pre keyboard.

Overall the speed seems good but I have had a couple of instances where the screen has gone unresponsive for a minute or two.
    My phone shall be here tomorrow! I'm UBER excited! I just said UBER! I HATE THAT WORD! Yes, I'm really excited I don't like the negatives stuff people say I'm sick of it All I know is it will be 100 times better then my 8th ATTELL scoop! Ugh! Also I wish people would remember no one is perfect, why should a phone be? I agree a perfect phone would be AWESOME but it's not gonna happen.
    I wish the keyboard was "clicky-er" but it's definitely solid. I'd say the keys themselves are the same as my Pre+ for length of travel and click. Good enough for now, but not in the league of the Veer and Pre3.

The rest of the Pre2 feels very solid and strong. No longer looks or feels like cheap glossy plastic. GPS locks instantly. Not totally accurate, but within a hundred yards.
    curious to know, why choose the pre2 over the free mobile hotspot with the pre and pixi plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    curious to know, why choose the pre2 over the free mobile hotspot with the pre and pixi plus?
    Well, for me, its cause I never use the hotspot.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Well, for me, its cause I never use the hotspot.

ET
    I've found the mobile hotspot to be one of the 'wow' items with my Pre+, and when the time comes to upgrade, I think it will be bittersweet because of this...

Last summer, on a 6.5 thousand mile driving vacation across much of the northern Midwest, Rockies, and southern Alberta/British Columbia, my daughters were able to update their Facebook accounts along the way, and I was able to work on reports while driving across Minnesota and South Dakota and submit them to my office...it was very useful! Also, on a separate long weekend vacation, where I still had too much work to do, I was able to communicate and submit draft reports from an 'undisclosed' location where there was no access to the internet...except from my Pre!

What can we take away from this? Well, first of all, if I would just vacate on my vacations rather than take work with me, maybe I wouldn't have to keep taking 'vacations' all the time! And, secondly, the mobile hotspot can be an extremely useful application/feature.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

freetether will help you feel better about MHS changes.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Switched our family plan over from Sprint to Verizon yesterday. The kids went iPhone, which I considered doing, but after playing with the demo Pre 2 they had in the store I just couldn't leave webOS. Unfortunately everyone else in my family walked out of the store with their new phone and I have to wait until tomorrow for mine to arrive via FedEx. Well I've waited four months, I guess I can wait a couple more days.
  9. iii
    I got my Pre 2 over the weekend. Very disappointed. The main reason I got one is because the PDF viewer doesn't work on WebOS 1.4.5. I get PDF's daily and could never open them. Well shock of shock...!!! The PDF viewer is still broken!! It doesn't work on WebOS 2 either. I called support and they're very very very sorry....but too bad. They're aware of it.
  10. iii
    I got my Pre 2 over the weekend. Very disappointed. The main reason I got one is because the PDF viewer doesn't work on WebOS 1.4.5. I get PDF's daily and could never open them. Well shock of shock...!!! The PDF viewer is still broken!! It doesn't work on WebOS 2 either. I called support and they're very very very sorry....but too bad. They're aware of it.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iii View Post
    I think it is pretty shocking how little work Palm/HP have done on the built-in apps since the first release. Very few bug fixes and practically no new features or options have been added. HP should have a team working around the clock to get these apps up to snuff as soon as possible, because they represent a new user's first impression of webOS. Counting on 3rd party apps to fill the gap is not acceptable.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I am very torn right now. I really wanna try webOS, have heard mostly good things about it and I love the interface of it but im also worried that since it is not one of the top OS's out there in terms of development that it will get left behind by third party developers. I have gotten so used to accessing the apps I do on Android and with the Bionic coming out around the same time as the Pre3 give or take a month max, the Bionic is just in a different league, screen size and resolution wise and I suspect based on the Atrix reviews so far that Android on the Bionic will be silky smooth. I dont know, what do guys think? If I was to get the Pre 2 now I would be getting it on a 1 year contract which prices the device at $219.99 not including tax and I dont plan on leaving the contract before the year is up so I would have to use that till this time next year by which time the Pre 3, Veer and who knows maybe other webOS devices will be out. I would appreciate any comments or feedback, thanks guys.
    If the pre2 had fully functional pdf and gps I'd buy it today. Does anyone else still have pdf issues?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    someone should do a youtube review of the verizon pre 2
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    If the pre2 had fully functional pdf and gps I'd buy it today. Does anyone else still have pdf issues?
    My PDF viewer has worked fine so far. My issues are with the IM client...in that, I can't IM...with anyone...
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    I think it is pretty shocking how little work Palm/HP have done on the built-in apps since the first release. Very few bug fixes and practically no new features or options have been added. HP should have a team working around the clock to get these apps up to snuff as soon as possible, because they represent a new user's first impression of webOS. Counting on 3rd party apps to fill the gap is not acceptable.
    Hopefully Enyo will be a brave new world.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmp10 View Post
    I am very torn right now. I really wanna try webOS, have heard mostly good things about it and I love the interface of it but im also worried that since it is not one of the top OS's out there in terms of development that it will get left behind by third party developers. I have gotten so used to accessing the apps I do on Android and with the Bionic coming out around the same time as the Pre3 give or take a month max, the Bionic is just in a different league, screen size and resolution wise and I suspect based on the Atrix reviews so far that Android on the Bionic will be silky smooth. I dont know, what do guys think? If I was to get the Pre 2 now I would be getting it on a 1 year contract which prices the device at $219.99 not including tax and I dont plan on leaving the contract before the year is up so I would have to use that till this time next year by which time the Pre 3, Veer and who knows maybe other webOS devices will be out. I would appreciate any comments or feedback, thanks guys.
    "If you want to try webOS", just pick up pixi plus off contract for $50-$60 (google it), then decide for yourself
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    "If you want to try webOS", just pick up pixi plus off contract for $50-$60 (google it), then decide for yourself
    Sorry, maybe I was too vague when I said I want to try webOS, I didn't mean to make it sound as if I have no experience whatsoever with a webOS device, I haven't owned one myself but I have had enough time with one.

What you suggested is one way to go but I want to experience the best side of webOS at the moment and that is the Pre 2. I have heard enough mixed feedback from Pre Plus and Pixi owners that I cant justify getting one even if its cheap just for the sake of owning a webOS device for myself.

I have had my current phone for a little over a year now and I am pretty fed up with it, one of the first generation Android phones on the market but I have always loved the webOS UI and wished Android could be as fluid as that and the cards design is very slick. I guess I will have to keep contemplating both sides.
    I don't like Fedex and remember there is no such thing as a perfect phone
    Doesn't the Pre 2 come with Quickoffice reader? Or does that not include PDFs?
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast