1.    #1  
    So I have an unused unlocked Pre 2 from the developer day, and I would really like to upgrade my Pre Plus to a Pre 2. Anyone want to...or have a recommendation on how best to...do a trade? I could go the sell-on-ebay-route, but I've never had a great experience selling on ebay. I hate for this perfectly good unlocked phone go to waste!
    Quote Originally Posted by clmensch View Post
    So I have an unused unlocked Pre 2 from the developer day, and I would really like to upgrade my Pre Plus to a Pre 2. Anyone want to...or have a recommendation on how best to...do a trade? I could go the sell-on-ebay-route, but I've never had a great experience selling on ebay. I hate for this perfectly good unlocked phone go to waste!
    You could always do a comm board swap since the Verizon Pre 2 is out now. The Dr. will be available in the next couple of days and it should (hasn't been verified yet), work just fine.

My best guess would be to follow the instructions for plussing a Sprint Pre, by doing a meta Dr. to write your comm board tokens to the Pre 2 HW, then after the meta dr. is done and the tokens are in place, just run the regular verizon Pre 2 Dr unmodified.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You could always do a comm board swap since the Verizon Pre 2 is out now. The Dr. will be available in the next couple of days and it should (hasn't been verified yet), work just fine.

My best guess would be to follow the instructions for plussing a Sprint Pre, by doing a meta Dr. to write your comm board tokens to the Pre 2 HW, then after the meta dr. is done and the tokens are in place, just run the regular verizon Pre 2 Dr unmodified.
    Yeah, that should (in theory) work fine. And the VZW Pre2 doctor should be out in a matter of days (though it could take weeks :/)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Get in line. I'm trying to do the same thing!
    Could sell it to me for the contract Verizon price and use the money for a new Verizon phone.
    I am looking for my first smart phone and need one I can swap SIM's for 4 months a year while in Canada.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau