Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I took hp up on the free developer Pre 2 program and in 1 day they have already sent it off to me. So painless!

Gotta appreciate the gesture. Too bad its not a cdma version... I'm in vz so I guess I'll have to walk around with my pixi+ or pre+ for a while.

Psyched to begin development!
    Hmmm, I sent them an email, but have yet to recieve an email back. The email I sent asked how to sign up and if I was qualified. I gave them my developer/forum user name as well.

Did you send them any more information than that in your first email?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Hmmm, I sent them an email, but have yet to recieve an email back. The email I sent asked how to sign up and if I was qualified. I gave them my developer/forum user name as well.

Did you send them any more information than that in your first email?
    i did the same .. last week no answer back yet :/
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I had to fill out an excel spreadsheet about my credentials and future and current development work.
    oh.. lol.. that would qualify you.. fine..

congrats!! lets know how smooth it runs!!
    Well, guess it's the waiting game for a response.
    Same here, I've emailed them and now I'm just waiting to see if I get a response. :-/ I hope I do!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    i like how they open the free program up to everyone the day my pre2 unlocked shipped... coulda saved me 300 HP, i know you have the cash to toss around.
    My guess is that opening this to everyone is a multi pronged strategy.

1 - Make it easy to devs and even budding devs to get access to the latest version of their software. This allows for greater increases in app count as many thousands of fart/burp/matching apps show up. We call this the "Android Effect".

2 - Get the Pre 2 out to as many people as they can in order to spur future growth by "flooding" the market prior to the Veer and Pre3 release.

3 - Rule the world...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I got pre-qualified for it because I'm known by the people in HP (and the person who handled my Pre+ pre-qualified me for this), so I'll be getting a free Pre2 from them soon (that one will be used for official development only, my current one will be used for homebrew development, and my custom-hacked Sprint Pre2 will be used only for personal use)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I got pre-qualified for it because I'm known by the people in HP (and the person who handled my Pre+ pre-qualified me for this), so I'll be getting a free Pre2 from them soon (that one will be used for official development only, my current one will be used for homebrew development, and my custom-hacked Sprint Pre2 will be used only for personal use)
    How did you get a custom sprint pre2? i dont know if I want to wait for the wait for the answer from HP for the free pre2
    I emailed pdc@palm.com to ask for a discount code. I didn't email the new address for the free one. Never heard back. I'm trying to get my studio on board with WebOS, but they look at my old beat up Pre and laugh at me.
    if i login to the pre2 with my existing profile can i log back in to my pre- later with that same profile??
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Wait free? I just received my one with a $200 discount. When was there a free one?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bob616 View Post
    Wait free? I just received my one with a $200 discount. When was there a free one?
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Prece...ied-developers
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I just sent them an email asking what's going on and if I could be refunded the 300 I payed for the Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    How did you get a custom sprint pre2? i dont know if I want to wait for the wait for the answer from HP for the free pre2
    You swap the radios/comm board and then you have to do a couple meta doctors. You can see the newer and easier method by webOS Internals.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    if i login to the pre2 with my existing profile can i log back in to my pre- later with that same profile??
    I've heard some people have had success. I guess what you have to do is doctor your Pre"-" with 1.4.1, login to it, then update OTA to 1.4.5 and it should properly set your profile.

If that doesn't work, you can still contact Palm tech support and they should be able to reset your profile manually to function on 1.4.5
    Arthur Thornton

You swap the radios/comm board and then you have to do a couple meta doctors. You can see the newer and easier method by webOS Internals.
    Newer easier method? I haven't found that post yet. I know they are working a better process to get paid app cat access by spoofing the profile to 1.4.5, but it wasn't easier, at least yesterday it wasn't. I better go look.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I've heard some people have had success. I guess what you have to do is doctor your Pre"-" with 1.4.1, login to it, then update OTA to 1.4.5 and it should properly set your profile.

If that doesn't work, you can still contact Palm tech support and they should be able to reset your profile manually to function on 1.4.5
    Actually, I Just doctored a Verizon Pre Plus (without service, with WiFi profiles pre-installed) to 1.4.5 and logged into my profile with that. It reset my profile from 9.9.9 to 1.40.50. I'm now trying to up it to 2.1.0 with the meta-doctor scripts...

*Update*: 2.1.0 custom doctor seems to say that my Data could not be restored... "Please wait a few minutes and try again". *sigh*.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast