Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I was approved for a developer device on the 23rd of february but havn't seen any device yet. Also, the UPS site doesn't list it as being shipped yet.

Obviously I can't complain since it's free, but I'm still at the edge of the chair..
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiTY View Post
    I got mine today too. Yay... now to... errr.... I forgot why I even wanted this thing
    Way to go! Giving Devs a bad name.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Way to go! Giving Devs a bad name.
    Yeah. If you're not going to use it for development why are you requesting one.

Anyways, I was told by dev relations they are out of stock and wont be processing any more requests until they get more in, probably in a week or so.
    I got mine today too. Yay... now to... errr.... I forgot why I even wanted this thing
    Woohoo! I'll check my mailbox at about 2PM PST (it's just gone 9AM) to see if I got mine as well.

Also you're supposed to develop on it. Failing that, just keep it as a phone. Failing that, just sell it for some $400,- or something.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Just join the Pre 2 club also too!! thanks Palm!!

Is that...lip balm they sent you?

EDIT: After trying to read the blurry label, it seems to say Break. And the next word starting with an S I would assume would be Seal.

Just derping here.
    Last edited by TheAngelOfElysium; 03/10/2011 at 03:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Well I was really excited to finally see new webOS devices and software announced at that special HP/Palm event so I got jacked on resuming my abandoned webOS projects and requested one. But my thrill for webOS has died again since returning the spreadsheet to Adela. The wait for approval & delivery + using Android since abandoning my Palm Pre 8 months ago + potentially receiving the Palm Pre 2 so close to the launch of webOS 3.0 and Pre 3/TouchPad + the feeling that webOS 2.0 and 3.0 appears (on the surface) to be the same as 1.4.5 (I understand the performance difference, but still) -there's not much to get excited about for the user + webOS users down 17.8%... all these things have taken its toll on my mojo for developing for webOS (no pun intended). Plus I didn't get any chapstick like kaboomaboom!

Despite all that I still love webOS and its the platform I could develop the fastest for. I don't want to give developers a bad name - how can I get my head back in the game?
    Adela seems to be the one that takes the longest. Peter didn't take very long at all to get the Pre 2 to me, and it looks like he's pretty quick with everyone else as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Adela seems to be the one that takes the longest. Peter didn't take very long at all to get the Pre 2 to me, and it looks like he's pretty quick with everyone else as well.
    Well, I didn't get the Pre2 today like kaboomaboom and DiGiTY did, and I had Peter. So it seems like it might be independent of whomever emails back.

So I'm guessing I get mine either tomorrow or on the twenty-third. Obviously hoping for the former, but there you go.
    You guys really shouldn't be complaining about how long your free developer device takes to get in the mail.

Just sayin'
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    I know when I was waiting, I wasn't complaining I was just filled with excitement and couldn't wait.

I don't think anyone is actually complaining, we all know very well that the device is FREE.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    Also you're supposed to develop on it. Failing that, just keep it as a phone. Failing that, just sell it for some $400,- or something.
    You can't sell it. On the spreadsheet it states "Not for resale and non-transferable." Furthermore $400 is surprisingly a bit much. HP/Palm is basically giving away versions of the Pre 2 for free via carriers and on top of that the current $200 coupon is valid with the unlocked GSM version at $450 (with free shipping) which puts this device at most $250 on the street (if you can find an ***** who'll pay the full street price, otherwise its $200). When a better than good smartphone's unlocked price is a mere $200/$250 its basically worthless.
    You can't sell it. On the spreadsheet it states "Not for resale and non-transferable." Furthermore $400 is surprisingly a bit much. HP/Palm is basically giving away versions of the Pre 2 for free via carriers and on top of that the current $200 coupon is valid with the unlocked GSM version at $450 (with free shipping) which puts this device at most $250 on the street (if you can find an ***** who'll pay the full street price, otherwise its $200). When a better than good smartphone's unlocked price is a mere $200/$250 its basically worthless.
    Hey, I didn't know, I'm just throwing ideas around. Anyways, since you've got yours, I advise you have fun with it, whatever you plan on doing with it :3

*sits in front of his mailbox waiting for the UPS guy to show up*
    So I just went outside to get the mail after seeing my mother in hospital, and I went out there expecting my Pre2 to be there. Instead, I found a jury summons.

PERFECT! 8D
    I'm waiting for mine too. There will be no deliveries on Monday due to it being a public holiday here, so next possible delivery day is Tuesday.
    I received the email that I will be getting a Pre 2 on 5th March. It has been 6 business days so far, but it is coming all of the way to Australia, so it might take a bit longer.
    I don't have a tracking number. For those of you who got a Pre 2 shipped internationally, did it arrive via a courier or via your regular postal delivery?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123