Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55
  1. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTesta View Post
    So I took hp up on the free developer Pre 2 program and in 1 day they have already sent it off to me. So painless!

    Gotta appreciate the gesture. Too bad its not a cdma version... I'm in vz so I guess I'll have to walk around with my pixi+ or pre+ for a while.

    Psyched to begin development!
    Comm board swap!
  2. #22  
    Do they give you a tracking number for the Pre 2? I didn't get a tracking number, but then today a package from UPS arrived unexpectedly. Not sure if it was the Pre 2 though, since the UPS guy left it at my apartment's office and the people there like to take extended lunch breaks.

    Edit: Turns out that was the Pre 2. Had to wait until I got home from work to get it.

    Thanks HP/Palm!
    Last edited by rsanchez1; 02/23/2011 at 06:16 PM.
  3. #23  
    I emailed and heard back almost instantly, but I haven't heard anything since last thurs. I emailed and asked for a tracking number on Saturday, but didn't receive a response.

    How long did it take to receive yours from HP?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Comm board swap!
    Wouldn't it be easier to just sell the GSM one and buy a CDMA one? I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that, as long as you're actually using it for development.

    Edit: I just noticed he already had a VZW Pre+, so nevermind.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by junkee View Post
    I emailed and heard back almost instantly, but I haven't heard anything since last thurs. I emailed and asked for a tracking number on Saturday, but didn't receive a response.

    How long did it take to receive yours from HP?
    Just a week from when I heard back from them the first time till the device arrived. I honestly expected it to take much longer, but they sent it over UPS 2 Day Air. I didn't need it that urgently, but I really appreciated it.
  6. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Just a week from when I heard back from them the first time till the device arrived. I honestly expected it to take much longer, but they sent it over UPS 2 Day Air. I didn't need it that urgently, but I really appreciated it.
    That's my experience as well (no tracking numbers, but quick shipments). I should be getting mine tomorrow, as it's been a little over a week.

    Looking forward to helping spread webOS!
  7. #27  
    Indeed thanks to HP. I live in Germany and it took about a week until the device arrived.
  8. #28  
    Since its free, I feel like a jacka** complaining because it hasn't shown up yet - but it has been almost two weeks. I'm antsy...

    I'm guessing I got in just about the time they got swamped. I'll just keep on waiting...
    Last edited by junkee; 03/01/2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: censored
  9. #29  
    Just got my email yesterday saying I was getting one can not wait!
    IIIxe -> Handera 330 -> Tungsten C -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre-, Pre2 & Touchpad 32

    http://about.me/robert.whisler
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Helm, Developer Relations HP

    Hi Thomas-Moffit-

    Iíll get you a device shortly. Let me know if you have any development questions in the meantime.

    Cheers,

    Peter

    Peter Helm
    Developer Relations
    I got my confirmation back on the 3rd, so on Thursday it will have been a week, which is when a few have been getting their Pre2's. However, since it took him about two weeks to email me back, I'm guessing it'll be a while longer, since they're probably swamped.

    Also he spelled my name wrong (left an extra "t" off the end), but whatever. Free Pre2 to develop on.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
  11. #31  
    How long did you guys wait to hear back? I sent in two weeks ago and havent gotten a response at all.
  12. #32  
    I'm still waiting
  13. #33  
    I received notice on 2/17 that they'd send one out. I emailed last Friday to the same gentleman, but I received no response. As of today, I still haven't received it.

    Can't really complain since it is free...
  14. digity's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #34  
    02/16 - Sent my request

    - 3 days later -

    02/19 - Got response with Excel spreadsheet, I replied with it filled out about 5 hours later

    - 12 days later -

    03/03 - Got response saying I should receive my Pre 2 GSM device "within about 10 business days"

    as of now, still waiting.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiTY View Post
    03/03 - Got response saying I should receive my Pre 2 GSM device "within about 10 business days"
    So since you got your response on the same day I did, I'll let you know when I get mine. Hopefully they'll be consistent with their shipping.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
  16. digity's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #36  
    I doubt they'll be consistent, but I'll update ya too
  17. #37  
    Just received mine today via UPS 2-Day air.

    02/17 - sent request
    02/17 - received response granting request
    02/17 - provided address information
    --
    03/09 - received pre2 via UPS 2-Day air.

    I didn't receive any notice or anything about shipping, despite the two emails I sent in the interim.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiTY View Post
    I doubt they'll be consistent, but I'll update ya too
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by junkee
    Just received mine today via UPS 2-Day air.

    02/17 - sent request
    02/17 - received response granting request
    02/17 - provided address information
    --
    03/09 - received pre2 via UPS 2-Day air.

    I didn't receive any notice or anything about shipping, despite the two emails I sent in the interim.
    So that's twenty days later. I'll try to expect my Pre2 on the twenty-third, then.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
  19. digity's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #39  
    I got mine today too. Yay... now to... errr.... I forgot why I even wanted this thing
  20. #40  
    Haha well if you want to sell it let me know

    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiTY View Post
    I got mine today too. Yay... now to... errr.... I forgot why I even wanted this thing
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions