Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I stopped by the local Verizon store in Memphis (Cordova) and they have the demo model but it is not set up yet. The rep booted it up, but of course did not know how to activate it. She said that new inventory will be in tomorrow and to call back.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    None here in Torrance, CA
    I went to a store about an hour ago in Long Island NY first she had no idea then came back and said they said they had to wait for orders to fill up before they would stock them in the stores.
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    None here at any of the five corporate stores in and around Sacramento. Ordered it online, should have it tomorrow...
    Went to our local Verizon here outside of Charlottesville, VA. They had a dummy Pre 2; however, no real live ones (I really wanted to try one out!) He did mention that I could order one if I wanted to... Not at that price!
    What was the price?
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    From what I understand, $149 after a mail in rebate?
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    The verizon store in downtown boston had a demo model. I didn't ask if they had any available for purchase but I assume they do since they had a working demo out.
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Verizon store in Brookline, MA did not have them in stock yet but had a dummy unit. The store in Cambridge, MA had them in stock and a display unit however it had not been properly activated so I couldn't really play around with it.
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Verizon store in NYC midtown has a working model. And wow, that phone is VERY fast and zippy. And the keyboard is SO much easier to type on than the Pre Plus that I have (my fingers were on Fire!). I couldn't get the GPS to work in Google Maps, but doesn't mean that it doesn't work (I didn't try very hard to get it to work). Google Maps also took about 5 seconds to load (as opposed to 30 seconds with my Pre Plus).
    2G iPhone -> BB 8530 -> Pre Plus
    Verizon store here in SLC had a demo that was working. Loved it, very fast, very smooth. The demo was all they had. Was about ready to buy one and take it home, but none available.
    Quote Originally Posted by scratch4 View Post
    Verizon store in NYC midtown has a working model. And wow, that phone is VERY fast and zippy. And the keyboard is SO much easier to type on than the Pre Plus that I have (my fingers were on Fire!). I couldn't get the GPS to work in Google Maps, but doesn't mean that it doesn't work (I didn't try very hard to get it to work). Google Maps also took about 5 seconds to load (as opposed to 30 seconds with my Pre Plus).
    I went back the next day and this time they had a Palm Pre 2 setup and OMG it blew me away! I have my Palm Pre + setup for 1GB; but the store Palm Pre 2 was a lot faster going from app to app. Calendar or clock or just about anything else they had it set up on; it didn't matter. I kept saying O Wow, I just may buy this one when my contract expires. It really, really impressed me. Also, the keyboard was much improved. I think dieter and crew ought to do another test between the Verizon Palm Pre 2 and the GSM Palm Pre 2. The one they showed last year was certainly a lot slower!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    It's shocking how fast the phone is. You never really expect it to be as fast as it is until you try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I'm shocked that HP lied... Again. Honestly take whatever HP says assume it's a lie and then you will have the truth. And if it comes from Leo's mouth times it by factor of 20 weeks. I think l'll make a HP truth converter app, it will come in handy
    What's with the fixation with the "L" word? I went to a local store. They had a working Pre2 on display. There was even a Palm rep in the store.

And thank goodness. When the VZW rep greeted me at the door I asked if they had the Pre2 and he said "no, it's only available on line". I told him that the VZW news release said otherwise and offered to show him on the netbook on display. He backtracked and pointed me to the demo unit hidden way back in the corner... and then told the Palm rep to talk to me.

Clearly the VZW reps have no knowledge or interest in Palm. But the device is there, and everyone in the store knows about PreCentral and Preware...

It really annoys me that VZW isn't keeping inventory in the stores, so anyone that wants it (in spite of reps pushing Android & iPhone only)... it has to be ordered. Proof again that I only go to their stores when I need to physically see a phone, and I always buy from their website.

Annoying, but I don't see any HP lies in that story...
    They actually did at my local store .. But I ordered mine earlier and got it cheaper .. But honestly the dude that was assisting me with accessories for my Pre 2 didnt even have a clue they got them in that day .. They didnt have any accessories for my Pre 2.
    Possessed By Thine Dreams...
    I was talking to a Verizon rep today and asked him about the pre2. He had know idea what I was talking about. The rep remembered the pre and trashed it due to it being very dated. He went on to explain how incredibly confusing it was to use. I asked him what was so confusing? He replied "the OS is just so old and blocky looking" then showed me the Centro and said you can look at it though. I told him I was talking about the pre, he said what's the pre? lol

It's nice to go drop in at Verizon when I am having a bad day. they always make me laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post

It's nice to go drop in at Verizon when I am having a bad day. they always make me laugh
    I'm glad you laugh. It makes me sad.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    My verizon store has a demo unit, but nothing to sell me heh.

Anyway, where is a good place to buy the phone online?
    verizonewireless.com
    Are they trying NOT to sell them? WTH?

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast