Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    So I'm wondering if this could be pulled off...
    I've had my Pre Plus on Verizon for less than a year. VZW has always covered malfunctions for up to one year, at least in my experience. In the past, I have traded in malfunctioning phones up to 3 times at no charge...
    Now that Verizon has the Pre 2, I'm wondering if I could take my malfunctioning Pre Plus in and say that I'd like a replacement. VZW hasn't had the Pre Plus for a while... do you think they'd swap it for a Pre 2???
    It's a longshot, I know... I've also got full equipment replacement insurance... but that involves sending the phone away and waiting. Like I said, in my experience VZW will do in-store swaps on malfunctioning phones. I just wonder what they'd give me if I tried...
    Has anybody tried it yet?? Did the just give you a refurbished Pre Plus?
    Thanks...
    My philosophy is "it never hurts anyone to ask". Go to the store and ask.
    I see pandas.
    Try contacting someone here: executiverelations@verizonwireless.com

Alternatively, you can call 800-760-4658
    store will not help you. Call cust support and escalate.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    store will not help you. Call cust support and escalate.
    Think that's the best route? How could they go about rectifying the situation? Simply mail the new phones?
    I'm willing to give anything a shot... I guess I just need to figure out how to do it.
    Thanks for the tips everyone...
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    Anythings possible if your enough of an ashhole. But if you play it straight you will get a replacement Pre +...they got plenty of em.
    Ah ha! This is the info I was looking for... I wasn't sure if they had a bunch of refurbished Pre Plus models or not. Well that pretty much settles it. I highly doubt that they would upgrade me for no reason if they've got plenty of straight replacements.
    I guess I'm just surprised that they still carry them... Given that VZW hasn't sold the Pre Plus in quite some time!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkPopkie View Post
    Think that's the best route? How could they go about rectifying the situation? Simply mail the new phones?
    I'm willing to give anything a shot... I guess I just need to figure out how to do it.
    Thanks for the tips everyone...

If you contact executive relations, you skip past all the sales reps and customer service reps. From my experience, the executive relations people don't read from a pre-programmed script to respond to your problem.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Contacted Executive Relations... Will let you know how it pans out.
    Contacted Executive Relations... Will let you know how it pans out.
    Cool. Hope it goes well. I've never actually communicated via their general email, but have emailed a specific person there. It's nice to call b/c you seem to cut through a lot of the BS and get a person on the phone who has the ability to actually do something.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I received a call from VZW Executive Relations yesterday...
    They will give me the Pre 2 for free if I re-up my 2 year contract right now. I'm due for an upgrade in late Dec 2011, so essentially they're just offering to bump up my upgrade date by 9 months or so.
    Not a bad deal, I just don't want to sign on for a phone that has already been replaced by something bigger and better... Pointless. If they were willing to give me a Pre 2 to ride out the remainder of my contract, that would be one thing... but I don't want a Pre 2 for two years... No way. The upgrades weren't significant enough to make it worth it.
    I think I'm going to jump ship for Android or iOS. HP/Palm really screwed the pooch on this one and I think they deserve to lose a customer...
    I received a call from VZW Executive Relations yesterday...
    They will give me the Pre 2 for free if I re-up my 2 year contract right now. I'm due for an upgrade in late Dec 2011, so essentially they're just offering to bump up my upgrade date by 9 months or so.
    Not a bad deal, I just don't want to sign on for a phone that has already been replaced by something bigger and better... Pointless. If they were willing to give me a Pre 2 to ride out the remainder of my contract, that would be one thing... but I don't want a Pre 2 for two years... No way. The upgrades weren't significant enough to make it worth it.
    I think I'm going to jump ship for Android or iOS. HP/Palm really screwed the pooch on this one and I think they deserve to lose a customer...
    Sorry you didn't get the outcome you wanted! Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have taken the Pre 2 with a new contract. It's a very solid upgrade over the Pre Plus, but I'm due for upgrade in December as well, so I'd have just ridden it out with my Pre Plus. When I called to activate my phone the rep scared me by saying that my activation would result in a new 2 year contract b/c it was listed as a manager's upgrade. I told her that's not what I was told and she checked again and said it was actually listed as a manager's replacement, so I wouldn't have to get a new contract.
    the pre2 on verizon with a 2yr contract is $150. if there willing to replace your pre+ with the pre2 at no cost to you, it sounds like a good deal. you don't have to wait till december when your contract expires. in addition, chances are, whatever phone you get in december will end up costing you something out of your pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    the pre2 on verizon with a 2yr contract is $150. if there willing to replace your pre+ with the pre2 at no cost to you, it sounds like a good deal. you don't have to wait till december when your contract expires. in addition, chances are, whatever phone you get in december will end up costing you something out of your pocket.
    But then he's stuck with the Pre 2 until 2013.....
    yeah, I wouldn't call "renewing your 2 year contract" = "no cost to you"

I wouldn't have taken the deal either but nice try!
    ask them for a 1 year renewal at the higher price? At the speed vzw moves, it will take them that long to get the Pre3 launched.
    I'm pretty sure Verizon won't do a 1 year renewal especially if your upgrade date is still 9 months out, which should mean your contract end date is 13 months out under the new rules.
    is this an email address that can be used by any customer?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    is this an email address that can be used by any customer?
    If you're referring to the executiverelations@verizonwireless.com address -- yes!
    I sent an e-mail outlining my complaints with our pair of Pre+s... and what I wanted VZW to do to correct it... and within 2 days, I got a call from someone in Executive Relations. Worked like a charm.

You're all absolutely right... Signing up for a 2 year contract with a Pre 2 would be madness... Taking a Pre 2 for the 9 months left on my contract would've been bad enough! If I just rode out the rest of my term with the Pre+, I would've more than like had to pay a little ($50 or so) to upgrade come December. Chances are that any phone I picked in December would be slightly more than the New Every Two incentive... So I figured if they were willing to cough up two FREE Pre 2s right now valued at $149 a pop (with a contract renewal), why not take a better phone at the same price?? I wasn't going to switch to another carrier in December anyway... So I just took my early upgrade/renewal and got a pair of android phones... Sure, they're a little outdated themselves... but they're the absolute best I could get without coughing up a little extra money (ie. iPhone).

Adios HPalm... I wish you the best, but you crossed the line. I pray that I never hear the words "In the coming months" from Google and Motorola.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I'm pretty sure Verizon won't do a 1 year renewal especially if your upgrade date is still 9 months out, which should mean your contract end date is 13 months out under the new rules.
    The phones were purchased April 2010... I still have(had) one "New Every Two" upgrade left... I was grandfathered in under the old rules. My contract wouldn't have ended until April 2012, but I would've been eligible for an upgrade in Dec 2011.

So essentially I used up my last New Every Two upgrade ahead of schedule for these new phones...