1.    #1  
    I spent a lot of time customizing my dictionary and shorcuts. Does anyone know where or if that is saved?
    thanks
    It's all saved in the Text Assist under Edit User Dictionary.
    Does anyone know if the user dictionary gets backed up to the Palm Profile as well?
    Ok, not to highjack this thread, but I didn't know WebOS had text assist. Where do I got to set that up?

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Ok, not to highjack this thread, but I didn't know WebOS had text assist. Where do I got to set that up?

ET
    It's only in webOS 2.0 and higher.
  6.    #6  
    Palm profile does NOT save your personal dictionary from the app text assist. I had to doctor and lost it so I was hoping I could find where this is saved by putting the pre in USB mode and copying the file. Anyone know if it is saved and where?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Contact the dev crew working on Save/Restore.
  8.    #8  
    Anyone come across where this is stored??
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    you can get to text assist in 1.4.5, albeit in a much more basic form. enable master mode in Internalz, then edit /etc/palm/autoreplace/<language>/text-edit-autoreplace
  10.    #10  
    thanks so much but i am talking about the app 'Text-assist' that is for webos 2.0
    I found where the file is stored a while back, BUT you cannot restore/modify it, nor can you read it (it is in binary form).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Totally stupied why HPalm doesn't backup this database. I had to WebDoc my phone and lost tons of custom 'learned words' and 'shortcuts'. These two additional features are absolutely amazing! It's just a shame HPalm doesn't back this up.
  13.    #13  
    there has to be some solution...
  14.    #14  
    in my search for the back up dictionary i have managed to somehow delete all my shortcuts. No idea how as i never deleted anything. Woke and found them missing. Interesting though my learned words were all still there perfectly.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    sounds good i want 2.0
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Does anyone know if the user dictionary gets backed up to the Palm Profile as well?
    Unfortunately at this moment, no it does NOT get backed up in the profile backups
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    +1 this would be great to have on save/restore
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    is there anyway i can dot his on the computer