Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm seriously hoping the GPS glitch has been worked out in the Pre 2 and WebOS 2.0. Keep us updated please!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I'm seriously hoping the GPS glitch has been worked out in the Pre 2 and WebOS 2.0. Keep us updated please!!!
    I'm very interested in this also.
    Likewise... they're advertising this on their site again.

AND... they're advertising "geo-tagging" for photos. They better have not mucked this up as well...
    Bueller?

Hello? Any Pre2 on Verizon? Inquiring minds want to know about GPS...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I think the earliest people will get them will be in the afternoon. For some reason I doubt that the stores will carry them in stock, online exclusive only.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    So, ya, anyone with the Verizon Pre2 know if the GPS is just as bad as it is with all other webOS devices on big red?
  7.    #7  
    PLEASE let us know!
    Yea, I can't get any app to pick up my location. I haven't tried with Verizon's app though as I'm not subscribed. Kinda disappointing. I also have been on and off the phone with Verizon all morning about the free Mobile Hotspot. Apparently it's no longer free for the Pre 2 and it's 20.00 for 2GB.
    Quote from a different thread:

Quote Originally Posted by rastons View Post
    Yea, I can't get any app to pick up my location. I haven't tried with Verizon's app though as I'm not subscribed. Kinda disappointing. I also have been on and off the phone with Verizon all morning about the free Mobile Hotspot. Apparently it's no longer free for the Pre 2 and it's 20.00 for 2GB.
    YankBoy, it's not a glitch. It's Verizon purposefully crippling the GPS.
    is the gps chipset in the pre2 the same as the pre+? If it is it would seem likely that whatever their agps servers are doing to cripple pre+ would also cripple pre2.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    If this issue is fixed, I think I'll have to get the Pre 2. I have got used to the glitchiness of the GPS on my Pre Plus and I can get it to work fairly consistently by opening VZ Navigator. It would be nice to not have to do this, though.
    I ordered my Pre 2 a week ago. I shoud have it delivered soon. I'll update with my aGPS findings as soon as I can.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Glad my Sprint Pre doesnt have that issue... but then again it has a whole host of other problems to deal with... lol :-D
    Guys, I just don't see this changing at all. Verizon wants to cripple GPS for all but their babies, the Droids. I would be interested in if the GPS is crippled on the iPhone as well.
    Sprint has NO reason to cripple GPS since GPS is included with their smartphone plan. Verizon wants to charge extra $10 for GPS and thus has a reason to lock it to their VZ navigator app.
    But they don't do that on their Droids. I have friends that have Droids and NONE pay for VZ Navigator and ALL get accurate GPS locks in seconds.
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Wow, what a rip-off, you have to pay extra to get use navigation software?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Wow, what a rip-off, you have to pay extra to get use navigation software?
    Yes. And I do. I haven't typically in the past but I found I needed it and it was a reasonable option at that time.

It works well - only one problem on one unimportant trip so far.
  20.    #20  
    No offense, but I'm really just interested in hearing from VZW Pre 2 users if the GPS does or does not work w/o VZ Nav. We have plenty of threads discussing the VZW GPS issues on the Pre Plus (many started by me!).
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast