Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    I went into my local VZW store to play around with the pre 2 today. While I can report that this device is awesomely fast and very solid feeling (keyboard, slider, etc.) the GPS seemed to be even more horribly crippled then on my verizon pre plus. I tried both the interactive GPS test and dialing ##GPS# and neither was able to get a fix. In google maps I wasn't able to get any location at all while on my pre plus I can usually get one just based off of wifi hot spots. This is pretty disappointing news. One would think that HP could demand the same treatment as Android phone makers.
    Not that this means anything in your case, but I frequently have trouble using internet and GPS on phones in VZW stores for some reason. I've had this happen a good bit on Android phones too. Sometimes It'll tell me it needs an internet connection, but even when I go to turn on the internet, it still says no connection. I've often wondered if the floor models aren't sometimes setup not to access internet.
    Really because I double checked the location services preferences and it had both GPS and Google Services selected and it was not locating the device at all. Sure it could be because I was inside the store but I'm not convinced.
    Don't know what to tell you. It's working find on my phone... unless my Pre 2 is playing tricks on me??? :-)

I made sure wifi was off and rebooted my phone before running my test. I'm enjoying my aGPS!!!

The phone is very responsive and fast. I'm very happy with my Pre 2 until the 3 comes out!
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek View Post
    Don't know what to tell you. It's working find on my phone... unless my Pre 2 is playing tricks on me??? :-)

I made sure wifi was off and rebooted my phone before running my test. I'm enjoying my aGPS!!!

The phone is very responsive and fast. I'm very happy with my Pre 2 until the 3 comes out!
    That's good news then. Hopefully my experience was just a fluke!
    That's good news then. Hopefully my experience was just a fluke!
    I never trust those demo phones... Good news is that they fixed it.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    can someone try this outside their home and not in a VZ store?
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    can someone try this outside their home and not in a VZ store?
    PDAGeek has. Go back and look.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I don't see anything about him saying he tried it outside.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    He got it delivered. I think that implies he tried it outside of the store.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Just tested out the GPS on my Pre 2 with Google Maps and a few weather programs. All of them were able to find my current location!

My very happy with this phone so far. It's blazing fast and the screen is extremely responsive.
    I don't see anything about him saying he tried it outside.
    UPDATE:

I had to pick up my daughter from a party. I tried to use GPS and other apps that use location services and it did not work. Not sure what's up with that seeing that it work at my house with no problems. I am having a weird issue where my google account gets stuck in a sync mode when the calendar or email is being utilized. I have to reboot in order to break that cycle otherwise it just syncs and syncs and my battery drains super fast. I'm gonna have to WebDoc my phone
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    UPDATE:

I had to pick up my daughter from a party. I tried to use GPS and other apps that use location services and it did not work. Not sure what's up with that seeing that it work at my house with no problems. I am having a weird issue where my google account gets stuck in a sync mode when the calendar or email is being utilized. I have to reboot in order to break that cycle otherwise it just syncs and syncs and my battery drains super fast. I'm gonna have to WebDoc my phone
    Do you have GPS and Use Google Location services enabled?
    Quote Originally Posted by vaxick View Post
    Just tested out the GPS on my Pre 2 with Google Maps and a few weather programs. All of them were able to find my current location!

My very happy with this phone so far. It's blazing fast and the screen is extremely responsive.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one that had it work. Make sure your not using WIFI when using GPS locatoin based services
    Do you have GPS and Use Google Location services enabled?
    LOL... yup, turned it off, on and still a no go. I think my phone is jacked. When I first activated it... it suddenly just rebooted without finish syncing all my accounts and after that it's been acting real funny. Time to WebDoc. I'll make sure I post my finding when it's finished. Proably will not update till tomorrow, WebDoc and resyncing all my accounts will take hours
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one that had it work. Make sure your not using WIFI when using GPS locatoin based services
    Yeah, it's working perfectly so far. Have not used Wifi on the phone at all yet. I'll be keeping a eye on the GPS, but so far it's working well.
    LOL... yup, turned it off, on and still a no go. I think my phone is jacked. When I first activated it... it suddenly just rebooted without finish syncing all my accounts and after that it's been acting real funny. Time to WebDoc. I'll make sure I post my finding when it's finished. Proably will not update till tomorrow, WebDoc and resyncing all my accounts will take hours
    Wow -- talk about an un-promising out-of-box experience. I hope this isn't happening for large numbers of folks.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    UPDATE:

Could be that at home Google Location Services knows your Wifi router.. I know on my Pre Plus if I'm home it knows exactly where I am.. but otherwise it's very hit/miss.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts

Was this outside of your house/vz store?
    Could be that at home Google Location Services knows your Wifi router.. I know on my Pre Plus if I'm home it knows exactly where I am.. but otherwise it's very hit/miss.
    I just now finished with doctoring my phone - I'll post an update as soon as I'm done syncing
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I just now finished with doctoring my phone - I'll post an update as soon as I'm done syncing
    Thanks! I appreciate it!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast