Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    OP: if you had read the thread I started about this earlier today, you would have seen this question had already been answered. A quick search of the forums does wonders.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    OP: if you had read the thread I started about this earlier today, you would have seen this question had already been answered. A quick search of the forums does wonders.
    Your thread was started about 6 hours after mine, so I had already asked this question before the one reply was made to your thread. In any event, I'd like to hear from multiple users, not just one. I appreciate the tip though.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I too am very interested to know!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek View Post
    I ordered my Pre 2 a week ago. I shoud have it delivered soon. I'll update with my aGPS findings as soon as I can.

I just got my Pre 2 delivered - I'll check out aGPS just as soon as I resync all my synergy accounts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I got my Pre 2 in the mail today, but I'm at school right now. I'll be testing it when I get home later tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Your thread was started about 6 hours after mine, so I had already asked this question before the one reply was made to your thread. In any event, I'd like to hear from multiple users, not just one. I appreciate the tip though.
    hahaha, I guess MY search abilities were a failure then..
    Mind linking the two?
    Should just have a mod merger them.
    I just got my Pre 2 delivered - I'll check out aGPS just as soon as I resync all my synergy accounts
    When I launched google maps location services failed 3 times but this might be because I'm still syncing all my accounts and all my apps to. I have like 7 synergy account and over 30 apps.

I'll test this out when everything completes and provide another update
    When I launched google maps location services failed 3 times but this might be because I'm still syncing all my accounts and all my apps to. I have like 7 synergy account and over 30 apps.

Quick Note: WebOS 2.0.1

This phone is so fast. I'm just not used to how fast it is. I patched my plus with the 1Ghz patch it doesn't come close the the P2. I'm very impressed!
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    should drive somewhere as well so that it doesn't use wifi location
    Quick Note: WebOS 2.0.1

This phone is so fast. I'm just not used to how fast it is. I patched my plus with the 1Ghz patch it doesn't come close the the P2. I'm very impressed!
    So excited to get mine tomorrow.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    so anyone have any results?
  14.    #34  
    If I'm being honest, I'm just too doggone lazy to search.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I went into my local VZW store to play around with the pre 2 today. While I can report that this device is awesomely fast and very solid feeling (keyboard, slider, etc.) the GPS seemed to be even more horribly crippled then on my verizon pre plus. I tried both the interactive GPS test and dialing ##GPS# and neither was able to get a fix. In google maps I wasn't able to get any location at all while on my pre plus I can usually get one just based off of wifi hot spots. This is pretty disappointing news. One would think that HP could demand the same treatment as Android phone makers.
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
  16.    #36  

Thanks for keeping us posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    I went into my local VZW store to play around with the pre 2 today. While I can report that this device is awesomely fast and very solid feeling (keyboard, slider, etc.) the GPS seemed to be even more horribly crippled then on my verizon pre plus. I tried both the interactive GPS test and dialing ##GPS# and neither was able to get a fix. In google maps I wasn't able to get any location at all while on my pre plus I can usually get one just based off of wifi hot spots. This is pretty disappointing news. One would think that HP could demand the same treatment as Android phone makers.
    aGPS works like a charm!!!!

Ok... I had the same problem as you but I got it to work. After all my apps syncd I was able to get aGPS work and it works like a charm. Here's what you need do to get it to work...

1) click on 'Location Services'
    2) click on 'Preferences'
    3) click on 'Locate Me Using'....
    4) select both 'GPS and Google Services

And that's it folks... It's finally fixed... Wahoooo. This phone is sick!

Ok... I had the same problem as you but I got it to work. After all mhy apps sync I was able to get aGPS work and it works like a charm. Here's what you need do to get it to work...

Thanks that's it folks... It's finally fixed... Wahoooo. This phone is sick!
    I tested this with google maps... yelp and a few other apps. The google maps took about 10 to 15 seconds to find my current location.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

Ok... I had the same problem as you but I got it to work. After all mhy apps sync I was able to get aGPS work and it works like a charm. Here's what you need do to get it to work...

Really because I double checked the location services preferences and it had both GPS and Google Services selected and it was not locating the device at all. Sure it could be because I was inside the store but I'm not convinced.
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
  20.    #40  

Awesome! Now, don't take this the wrong way b/c I trust you and all, but hopefully we can get some more people to chime in with the same results.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast