Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just to see how Verizon is handling the Palm phone issue I have been waiting for the Pre2 to show up on Verizon's web site, well it is now on their site but you can't buy it, is says you can't get it in that color.

Now considering the Pre has always been black and the Pre2 has been announced months ago there is zero excuses for Verizon to be pulling this stunt.

The other thing that is wrong is Verizon is pushing the iPhone4 on every page including your logged in page where you control your own account, right under the photo of the Pre Plus is an icon trying to get you to upgrade to the iPhone4.

So it is now very clear to me that Verizon is not interested in what a customer wants, they are only interested in pushing the iPhone4.

When my contract is up with Verizon next January I will be switching to another service.

See you later Verizon, you are over priced and now pushing the Apple iPhone down my throat will cost you two phone lines.
    I agree, pushing the iphone on every page is a pain.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    It's obvious that cashing in on the success of the iPhone is important to Verizon. Look at the track record of the iPhone and how many have been sold! They are a business looking to improve sales and increase the number of plans (voice and data) they sell by introducing the iPhone 4. It's strictly business.
    I get the feeling verizon never cared about palm, which is why I was surprised to see the pre2 exclusive. Verizon is all android all the time, and the iphone, oops I mean the Lords phone, is icing on the cake. My guess is that someone in HPalm has compromising pics of someone at verizon because Verizon clearly is not interested in webos right now.
    When you log in and then see the beautiful iPhone 4, there's a little box under the buttons that says "don't show me this again." Works pretty well.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    When you log in and then see the beautiful iPhone 4, there's a little box under the buttons that says "don't show me this again." Works pretty well.
    I have Selected that button and it does not work at all. The same iPhone page keeps coming up. I have used that button six times and still the iPhone.

Also when I select the smart phones menu it simply goes right to a page that is about the iPhone you have to select the smart phones a second time to get past the iPhone.

Me thinks while they sold a lot of iPhones it did not come any where near what both Verizon and Apple was expecting to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimijames View Post
    I get the feeling verizon never cared about palm, which is why I was surprised to see the pre2 exclusive. Verizon is all android all the time, and the iphone, oops I mean the Lords phone, is icing on the cake. My guess is that someone in HPalm has compromising pics of someone at verizon because Verizon clearly is not interested in webos right now.
    It wasn't exclusive. Pre 2 had been available for months directly from Palm as an GSM device.
    Quote Originally Posted by john3976 View Post
    Just to see how Verizon is handling the Palm phone issue I have been waiting for the Pre2 to show up on Verizon's web site, well it is now on their site but you can't buy it, is says you can't get it in that color.

Now considering the Pre has always been black and the Pre2 has been announced months ago there is zero excuses for Verizon to be pulling this stunt.

The other thing that is wrong is Verizon is pushing the iPhone4 on every page including your logged in page where you control your own account, right under the photo of the Pre Plus is an icon trying to get you to upgrade to the iPhone4.

So it is now very clear to me that Verizon is not interested in what a customer wants, they are only interested in pushing the iPhone4.

When my contract is up with Verizon next January I will be switching to another service.

See you later Verizon, you are over priced and now pushing the Apple iPhone down my throat will cost you two phone lines.
    You say verizon is not interested in what the customer wants, but obviously it is just the opposite. Going by what is selling like hot cakes their customers want iPhone. Plus after the way they handle the plus is this a big surprise?

Evo-lution
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john3976 View Post
    It's called marketing, and Apple being the marketing geniuses they are, certainly required it for a period of time following the announcement of the iPhone in some type of marketing agreement. All that garbage will go away in time, already the initial splash-screen of VZWs homepage is slowly receding the "iPhone" tidal wave...yada yada. It's the newest thing, people have been wanting it on VZW for years, etc.

Apple was able to make such a demand because they had the hard success numbers to back them up. HP and Palm before them, arguably, aren't in as strong a position with either their hardware or webOS.

webOS will have to depend on a slower groundswell over time, versus the "hype-iOS". Those that pay attention know the iPhones shortcomings, but to Mary-Joe-Nobody, that doesn't even come into view because the things that device is "allowed" to do, it does very, very well. It's tightly integrated.

Who else has such claims of itegration? Android? haahaahaa....no. RIM? To an extent, but the differentiators of BIS/BES and now OS5/OS6 mean: no. WP7? Actually, yes. Symbian? ...er...nope. webOS? No.

I'm not trying to start an "OS war" or "Carrier war". I'm going to pick up a Pre 2 today and give it shot. I love my BlackBerry, but webOS looks too awesome not to try. If I love it, I still have my upgrade ready for a Pre 3 later this year. If not, I still have my BB...

In terms of being kicked, how many Sprint customers (origianl Pre owners) are feeling the cold shoulder because Sprint doesn't have the Pre 2, but VZW does? What about AT&T Pre Plus users who have to buy an unlocked GSM direct from HP because AT&T isn't selling it?

Verizon is the only US carrier even giving the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0 a chance. It's not VZW kicking you in the face...just sayin'
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Verizon is the only US carrier even giving the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0 a chance. It's not VZW kicking you in the face...just sayin'
    Ditto.
    looks available to purchase now, at least going by the Add To Cart button.
    IMO VZW needs to stop beating the dead horse with the iphail 4 since we all know peeps wont waste their upgrade token on it when the iphail5 is around the corner. However, they have invested alot in this and prolly have certain obligations with Apple to push this POS so thats why their site is spamming it at every turn and Pre2 is barely a footnote.

Somewhere in VZW corp an exec is saying "Why arent these ignorant people buying this? It has the apple logo on it. I dont understand!"

Haha this is what happens when carriers are taking out the annual upgrade tokens and all the sudden their ignorance is being pushed to the side!
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Hardware-wise, the iP4 is about as close to a perfect smartphone as you can get. However it does have its software limitations and those limitations just happen to be deal-breakers for some, including me. I just said how awesome it was but honestly I'd take Android or even WP7 over the iPhone.

The question isn't "Why isn't Verizon pushing the Pre 2?" The question is, why should it be? The Pre 3 will be out soon and I would hope they would push that, but we all know that nobody will actually buy the Pre 2, and Verizon apparently does too.
    Unless Verizon/HP promote the Pre2, who will buy it but previous Palm users? And most of those, have to know that the Pre3 will be coming this summer. And now that Hotspot is (apparently) not free, will current user want to give that up.

And if the new Palm/HP users buy the Pre2 now, they are going to be ****ed when the Pre3 comes out. So really, the Pre2 is going to be a tough sell, especially at the price they are starting with. Expect it to be free after rebate soon.
    Unless Verizon/HP promote the Pre2, who will buy it but previous Palm users? And most of those, have to know that the Pre3 will be coming this summer. And now that Hotspot is (apparently) not free, will current user want to give that up.

And if the new Palm/HP users buy the Pre2 now, they are going to be ****ed when the Pre3 comes out. So really, the Pre2 is going to be a tough sell, especially at the price they are starting with. Expect it to be free after rebate soon.

** Sorry for double post. Don't know how that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post

It is already, in Canada. Telephone Booth has the Pre on $0, but 3-year, no rebate.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here