Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Does anybody know if there's a patch (like there was for the pre) that allows to hangup a call by closing the slider?
    Lorz
  2. #2  
    I use "Advanced Configuration for System Preferences". Once that is installed, open the phone app to the dialer and swipe down the left drop-down menu, titled "Phone". You will see a option "Preferences" and sub-section "Switches" and there are your options for when slider is opened/closed etc as well as a plethora of other options
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I use "Advanced Configuration for System Preferences". Once that is installed, open the phone app to the dialer and swipe down the left drop-down menu, titled "Phone". You will see a option "Preferences" and sub-section "Switches" and there are your options for when slider is opened/closed etc as well as a plethora of other options
    I haven't found that app in Preware. Where can I find it?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I use "Advanced Configuration for System Preferences". Once that is installed, open the phone app to the dialer and swipe down the left drop-down menu, titled "Phone". You will see a option "Preferences" and sub-section "Switches" and there are your options for when slider is opened/closed etc as well as a plethora of other options
    I haven't found that app in Preware. Where can I find it?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lorz View Post
    I haven't found that app in Preware. Where can I find it?
    See my signature for the link to the wiki page for that patch (not app). That will walk you through the steps to install the patch.

    EDIT: You might not be able to see links cause your under 10 posts on your account right now.
    Go to the "enlightened-linux-solutions" sub-forum in the "webOS Developer Forums".
    Look for the thread called Sticky: [Patch] Advanced Configuration for System Preferences (ACSP). Read the OP of that thread for the wiki link.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  6. #6  
    There is also a "Close Slider to End Calls" patch in Preware as I have it installed.

    In Preware, go to: Available Packages > Patch > Phone > Close Slider to End Regular Phone Calls Only
  7. #7  
    When you open Preware, all you need to do, to find something, is tap where it says "Preware", then for the patch I mentioned, all that is really necessary is to type in the first word,ie "Advanced" and all things that start with "Advanced" will come up. This works for patches, themes, apps, etc
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerbudd View Post
    There is also a "Close Slider to End Calls" patch in Preware as I have it installed.

    In Preware, go to: Available Packages > Patch > Phone > Close Slider to End Regular Phone Calls Only
    i've an unlocked pre 2 setup in italy and i don't see those patches in preware ...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lorz View Post
    i've an unlocked pre 2 setup in italy and i don't see those patches in preware ...
    They probably have not been converted to webOS 2.x.x yet.

    Sconix has his advanced patches converted to 2.0.1 for most parts of it.


    I spoke with Sconix and he stated that he is waiting for webOS 2.1 to release the updated Advanced Configuration Preferences patches.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 02/17/2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Bad information. Corrected it.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    They probably have not been converted to webOS 2.x.x yet.

    Sconix has his advanced patches converted to 2.0.1 for most parts of it.
    not this specific one, that I know ... thanks all the same ...
  11. #11  
    Hm, not seeing this myself for WebOS 2.0.1.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by lorz View Post
    not this specific one, that I know ... thanks all the same ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Hm, not seeing this myself for WebOS 2.0.1.
    Sorry guys for putting out bad info. I stand corrected. I spoke with Sconix and he informed me that he is waiting for webOS 2.1 to release them. He had started them and had some ready for webOS 2.0.1, but didn't release them and instead was going to wait for 2.1.

    I've corrected my post above.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Sorry guys for putting out bad info. I stand corrected. I spoke with Sconix and he informed me that he is waiting for webOS 2.1 to release them. He had started them and had some ready for webOS 2.0.1, but didn't release them and instead was going to wait for 2.1.

    I've corrected my post above.
    Hope this doesn't take months ... with the pre 3 expected sometime in summer with webos 2.2, I don't see much room or urgency for 2.1 on the pre 2 ...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by lorz View Post
    Hope this doesn't take months ... with the pre 3 expected sometime in summer with webos 2.2, I don't see much room or urgency for 2.1 on the pre 2 ...
    Ok, the thread is over now, there's a patch on preware that does it! (Close slider to End Calls, by KeyToss.com) Great, works fine, good job!

Posting Permissions