Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    1) If I get the verizon pre 2 , can I use skype to make free phone calls in usa/canada? (without using my verizon minutes?)

2) is the pre 2 going to get the webos 3.0 ?

3) whats the verizon "early termination fee" for the pre 2, if I decide to end the contract before the 2 years contract?
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shloime View Post
    1) If I get the verizon pre 2 , can I use skype to make free phone calls in usa/canada? (without using my verizon minutes?)

2) is the pre 2 going to get the webos 3.0 ?

3) whats the verizon "early termination fee" for the pre 2, if I decide to end the contract before the 2 years contract?
    1) A screen shot I saw of a VZW internal summary regarding the Pre 2 for Verizon appeared to me that Skype would be available.

2) I have no idea, they're just rolling out 2.0.1 (right?) I didn't know the roadmap to 3.0 was up...I'm still on a learning curve myself.

3) VZW early termination fees for smartphones is $350.00 and it goes down $10/mo into the contract (I think).

Other folks here can steer me straight, I plan on picking up a Pre 2 on the 17th so I can spend the weekend getting acquainted with webOS, coming from a BB background I'm sure I won't need the whole weekend, but hey...
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    i know it has skype for sure. but that means that i can make free phone calls without using the verizon minutes?
    I believe I read somewhere that normal calls will still go through Verizon minutes and not Skype... or something...
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shloime View Post
    i know it has skype for sure. but that means that i can make free phone calls without using the verizon minutes?
    The Skype applications for Verizon (at least on BlackBerry devices) use the Verizon network, not wifi, but calls on Skype do not count against your plan minutes. It doesn't matter if you're calling another Skype user or using Skype credits to call Saudi Arabia or wherever, it doesn't go on plan minutes.

What I can't tell you is whether the Skype app for other VZW devices (Android, or webOS) works the same way as it does for the BBs. I'm inclined to think so because VZW can still exert control if they want. So, again, more experienced webOS users can chime in, but...

Before I go on all sorts of tangents, which of the Pre forums is the best one for a noob (me) to list all their questions?

edit to add: all the Skype notes I can see on VZWs site say "unlimited Skype calling" or a variation thereof, so you'll be in good shape I bet. I use Skype a fair amount too, so if it ends up being different...
    Last edited by Gawain; 02/15/2011 at 11:42 PM.
    I wonder if and when we'll see Skype for webOS on non-Verizon Pre2s?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Free calls:
    Skype calls to/from other Skype members using the phone app (on WiFi only)

Skype credit:
    Calls to international numbers (you get the option to use Skype)

Verizon wireless plan minutes:
    All other US/Canada numbers including (non-international) numbers stored under Skype contacts

I think the same rules as on the following page except that Skype is built into Synergy (Phone, messaging and contacts) on webOS.

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/skypemobile/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums