Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    What the heck is up with the Verizon Pre 2 launch? Do HP and Verizon even talk to each other? I just called our local store and they still haven't got a clue about the Pre 2 or when it might be available, even though HP says it ships in 2 days. I wonder if it is only going to be available by direct order from HP?
    Is it an official Verizon store or a Verizon reseller like one of those "cellular" stores or mall kiosks? There's usually a pretty big gap in proper product knowledge between the two. I would call Verizon's 800 number to get the real scoop. Or it may be a situation where people can only order it through HP's Wireless Central hub.
    Likewise. Both Verizon Wireless stores near me (both official) know nothing at all.
    I'm betting it will be on-line only. It almost seems like vzw is telling hp they have 'permission' to sell it on line, but don't expect help from vzw stores.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Is it an official Verizon store or a Verizon reseller like one of those "cellular" stores or mall kiosks? There's usually a pretty big gap in proper product knowledge between the two. I would call Verizon's 800 number to get the real scoop. Or it may be a situation where people can only order it through HP's Wireless Central hub.
    It's a official Verizon corporate store. The PreCentral front page just reported a Verizon press release that it IS going to be in stores on Thursday, but their employess still don't know. Amazing! I guess they don't anticipate anyone actually coming in wanting one.
    Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts
    I think stores won't have that many for a while. It is unfortunate but the demand is not there so i am thinking most people that walk into a store will be told that it can be ordered and shipped to their home.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I think this comment from the Chief Technology Officer (Tony Melone) might cast some light on that:

"If you look at our device pipeline for 2011, we have very strong relationships with LG, Samsung, Motorola, HTC, and now Apple," he said. "So I think it would take a really compelling device from Nokia or any new vendor to break in. It doesn't mean that it can't happen, but it would have to be really good."
    "I don't think Verizon needs the Nokia and Microsoft relationship," he said. "Right now the three OS players we see for our network are Android, Apple, and RIM. "

Microsoft's ecosystem is a tough sell to Verizon | Mobile World Congress - CNET Reviews
    I called Verizon today asking about the release date and he could not confirm anything. Stated he will call me once it is released with a great sign up deal lol.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    I'm just waiting for the Verizon Doctor so I can extract the Skype relevant parts
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    We can be sure of one thing, webOs phones not available at retail stores are not likely to gain Verizon employee mindshare.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm betting it will be on-line only. It almost seems like vzw is telling hp they have 'permission' to sell it on line, but don't expect help from vzw stores.
    Indeed since they are still struggling to sell the iphail 4 and vested alot into it. Pretty certail later on, maybe in 2 weeks?, the stores will get the memo on the Pre2.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I think this comment from the Chief Technology Officer (Tony Melone) might cast some light on that:

Microsoft's ecosystem is a tough sell to Verizon | Mobile World Congress - CNET Reviews
    That's too bad. I don't think the Pre 3 or Veer stand a chance of breaking through that, but the TouchPad very well may do it, and I hope it does.
    Also, relevant (and encouraging) from that article:

Melone also noted that WebOS from Palm, which is now owned by Hewlett-Packard, is a potential wild card in the OS wars.
    "If HP decides to license WebOS that could also become a third or fourth player that is used by OEMs," he said. "I'm more optimistic with WebOS developing into a strong player, just based on the strength of the OS. It has some very unique and good characteristics."
    Maybe the long view is to use this round of devices as auditions for future licensing. If the number two carrier suggests it, it's at least worth considering.
    m
    sorry. My local rep knows nothing off the Pre 2. So I called the CSR customer line and asked her about the situation and she put me on hold then asured me that it would be online and in stores, tomorrow. 17th
    Verizon store still knows nothing..
    you must mean ..
    "Verizon reps still know nothing"

If so, that wouldn't be much of a surprise.
    Since when have carrier reps ever been anything but clueless????
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I just talked to my friendly neighborhood VZW store and asked the store rep that answered the phone if the
    Pre 2 would be in the store on 17th. she put me on hold to check then said yes but their shipment had not yet come in.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Just talked to the store manager and now he says they will be available tomorrow, but only direct shipped to your home, none in stores at all.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Just talked to the store manager and now he says they will be available tomorrow, but only direct shipped to your home, none in stores at all.
    I shall place my order in tomorrow then and use my upgrade!
    I just went into q Verizon store this evening to see if they would upgrade me. The rep checked with his manager. When he came back, he said that they don't have in the store. I would have to order it on the 17th. Stores most likely will not receive them. With the IPhone and others, there appears to be no room for the webOS. This is so sad because this is the best OS out there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast