1.    #1  
    Just wondering if anyone has a verizon pre 2 yet? Which version of webos does it run out of the box?
    I don't think its available yet on Verizon USA. Thursday maybe.

ET
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has a verizon pre 2 yet? Which version of webos does it run out of the box?
    HP's web-site kind of sucks, but I found the following reference off their purchase portal (as if I were going to buy) for the Pre 2 for Verizon and clicked on "Phone Details" link:

Platform / Operating System-HP webOS 2.0

Other parts of the site (including Palm's) simply reference "webOS". I don't know their habits and whether or not they would actually note "2.0.1". I'm waiting to order mine until the 17th, and hopefully there will be more information available "officially".

I was thinking of waiting until the Pre 3 came out, but I really want to try webOS full time on a decent set of hardware n-o-w while my BlackBerry is acting up and generally annoying me...
    At this point in time it should be running 2.0.1, possibly 2.1 if you're lucky :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawain View Post
    I was thinking of waiting until the Pre 3 came out, but I really want to try webOS full time on a decent set of hardware n-o-w while my BlackBerry is acting up and generally annoying me...
    Welcome aboard. I think you are going to like.

ET
    I saw a screenshot of VZW inventory screen on BGR and it says "2.0.1 build 100" I'm not exactly sure what the "build 100" part means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_Serious View Post
    I saw a screenshot of VZW inventory screen on BGR and it says "2.0.1 build 100" I'm not exactly sure what the "build 100" part means.
    That would be due to the changes necessary to make 2.0.1 work on VZW. In other words, they had to add VZW-specific changes to 2.0.1, add the apps, change the phone app to the CDMA variant, etc. All of those changes could be done in 21 new builds (GSM Pre on 2.0.1 is at build 79).

Now that they have a VZW Pre2 at 2.0.1, it will continue to raise from build 100 (i.e. no Pre2 builds will have build numbers below 100), as will the GSM Pre2. But from this point further, they will have different build numbers (i.e. the VZW Pre2 could have webOS 2.1 build 104, whereas the GSM Pre2 could have webOS 2.1 build 132. It really depends on the amount of builds they do in testing and development)

You can find out what build number you've got by going into the "Device Info" app and tapping on the version number it shows (taps will toggle between build# and version#)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_Serious View Post
    It means they only built 100 of them. No wonder they are already showing out of stock on the vzw web site.