Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I want to pre-order/order the phone, but it isn't listed anywhere on the Verizon website. I'd much rather order it through them than through HP as I'd like to put the phone on my bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by vaxick View Post
    I want to pre-order/order the phone, but it isn't listed anywhere on the Verizon website. I'd much rather order it through them than through HP as I'd like to put the phone on my bill.
    Have you tried calling Verizon to see if you can order it through them?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Tried contacting the VZW customer care to preorder?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Well, now we are hearing it will be on VZW on Thursday, but for $149 not $99. They don't want to sell any of these, do they? I don't know if "they" is VZW or HP.
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    It's supposed to show up Thursday.
    @adora just said on twitter that it will be in stores. WebOS nation needs to all go to stores nearby and train the reps...
    Just called my local store. She said it is in the system, but there is no release date. I told here I heard it was the 17th, but she they don't have a date yet.
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Hopefully it's on their website Thursday or I'll be calling. I'm very curious what the off contract price will be since their selling it for more than HP on a 2 year contract.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Yeah, I saw that today, but it's missing information and the phone isn't listed on their website yet. I need to know the off contract price since I'm not going to renew for a Pre 2 when the Pre 3 is so close. I just need a new phone soon since my Pre + has been finicky lately.
    I just hope the aGPS works!
    would the off-contract price on the hp site be the same?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    would the off-contract price on the hp site be the same?
    Never looked into the off-contract price for the VZW version. I did ask about the 1 year contract price since that is always what I get and the local store rep. said $270 and they did away with being able to upgrade your phone 10 months into your 1 year contract. I'm heavily debating whether or not I should pay $270 for the Pre 2 when I know the Pre 3 will be out in less then 6 months tops not to mention the Veer should be out sooner than that and I am loving that almost as much as the Pre 3.

But the Pre 2 looks like a good enough phone and should be able to hang in there with the superphones releasing the first half of this year, probably not the phones in Q3 and Q4 of this year if NVIDIA's roadmap for the Quad Core CPU holds up to be true with a release date of August. I am just hoping HP doesn't screw their Pre 2 buyers and not include them in future webOS updates.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Guess I'll be calling Verizon. Kinda amazing they still don't have it listed on their website.
    The off-contract price on the HP site is $439.99m+ shipping. The unlocked GSM phone is $449.99. I would expect that to be the off-contract price from VZW, too.

But, the HP site is operated by a 3rd-party wireless reseller, so it just may reflect that the reseller is discounting to be a bit cheaper than VZW will be.
    So tomorrow is supposed to be the day. Anyone know if these things usually show up on the web site in the middle of the night or just sometime tomorrow?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    The off-contract price on the HP site is $439.99m+ shipping. The unlocked GSM phone is $449.99. I would expect that to be the off-contract price from VZW, too.

But, the HP site is operated by a 3rd-party wireless reseller, so it just may reflect that the reseller is discounting to be a bit cheaper than VZW will be.
    Verizon is selling it for $409.99 off contract. Just got off the phone with them. My Pre 2 should be here tomorrow.
    Verizon is selling it for $409.99 off contract. Just got off the phone with them. My Pre 2 should be here tomorrow.

Really? I thought they'd be ridiculous and mark it up to $599 for sure.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Well the Pre2 shows up on the Verizon web site but you can't buy it because Verizon says it does not come in that color.

Considering the Pre has always been black it is clear Verizon does not want anything to do with HP and WebOS.

Verizon equals push Apple iPhones which to me means Verizon is a BIG FAIL!!!
    Just go to palm.com or search HPwebOS and buy it directly from HP I thinks it's cheaper too .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast