1.    #1  
    Which carrier would you say has the best plans for supporting the Pre2. I have a sprint palm pre right now and pay around 69.99 for unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited texting and data. Should I sign with Verizon or buy an unlocked Pre2 and sign with a GSM carrier?
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    Which carrier would you say has the best plans for supporting the Pre2. I have a sprint palm pre right now and pay around 69.99 for unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited texting and data. Should I sign with Verizon or buy an unlocked Pre2 and sign with a GSM carrier?
    Right now your best carrier options in the U.S. are AT&T with the unlocked model from HP or get the CDMA version from Verizon.

You can use the unlocked model on T-mobile but will only get 2G.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I think he knows which carriers he can use, but I believe he was asking which prices would be the lowest. Unless I also read it wrong.
    Sprint Love
  4.    #4  
    Ya, I am aware of which carriers can support the pre2. Just wondering which one to go to that has the best plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I think he knows which carriers he can use, but I believe he was asking which prices would be the lowest. Unless I also read it wrong.
    Yes, I am aware, but I'm not going to go and research it for him. He has a computer and telephone for that. So I simply provided the basic info. Maybe he will go and check it out and report back to benefit others.
  6.    #6  
    Lol, ya I know I can do the research myself. Just thought someone has the info on what they pay with their Pre2 each month.
    I'm a verizon fan because:

1. Their network and customer service have never let me down over 8 years.

2. AT&T's network and customer service was a constant nightmare for for more than 5 years.

3. My employer has always paid my monthly cellphone bill so cost wasn't a factor. If I don't find a job soon, i'll be investigation metroPCS and using my wife's old flip phone.

on a serious note, cost and contracts should be considered. You can get the vzw pre2 for $99 with a two-year contract. MHS is available starting at $20 if you don't use freeTether.

AT&T currently is only viable if you buy an unlocked phone. I don't know if you will have access to AT&T apps such as tethering and gps. But it can be activated without a contract so you are free to move to another carrier if something newer (Pre3, Veer, etc) comes out later this year.

also, you can put your sprint radio into the Pre2 and then continue with Sprint.

there are a few complexities to that, but members such as pastorrich1 actively answers questions about that, and there is even a website link around here for a company that will do the swap for you.

also remember that the GSM Pre2 can be activated on T-Mobile, although I think you will only get 2G data service.
  8.    #8  
    Ya, Verizon and AT&T were the two I was looking at the most. I love the GPS feature I have on my palm pre and I know there is Verizon Navigator. Also I would not have to pay the retail price for the pre2 if I sign up through them, which is definitely a plus.
    Ya, Verizon and AT&T were the two I was looking at the most. I love the GPS feature I have on my palm pre and I know there is Verizon Navigator. Also I would not have to pay the retail price for the pre2 if I sign up through them, which is definitely a plus.
    I am fairly certain, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint all three use Telenav for their navigation apps.
  10.    #10  
    Does anyone know if Verizon charges you for GPS services, even if you have the unlimited data plan they offer?
    Does anyone know if Verizon charges you for GPS services, even if you have the unlimited data plan they offer?
    Entertainment and Apps from Verizon Wireless - VZ Navigator®