Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts
    Hello everyone,

I will be getting my first ever WebOS device, the pre2 for VZW. When looking at the touchstone i noticed under the compatible device list the Pre2 is not posted. Is the Pre2 compatible with the touchstone from the get go? Do i need to buy a different back for it?

Many thanks!
    I believe the Pre2 comes loaded with the touchstone back and can be used with the pre touchstone dock.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    I believe the Pre2 comes loaded with the touchstone back and can be used with the pre touchstone dock.
    Yes, that is correct. The new Veer and Pre 3 are also compatible with the same touchstone charging dock.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i am not 100% sure if the back on the pre2 is TS compatible. i know for a fact they made it a point to mention that it is the same back as the original pre and so the TS back is interchangeble....
    either way it will work but u may have to buy the backing for it
    yes, it is compatible. And on the vzw website they have a $14.99@bundle that will get you a touchstone, TS compatible car charger, and a cheap case, with free fedex delvery. Limit 3, so you should grab that asap!
    Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yes, it is compatible. And on the vzw website they have a $14.99@bundle that will get you a touchstone, TS compatible car charger, and a cheap case, with free fedex delvery. Limit 3, so you should grab that asap!
    Thank you and everyone for the quick responses! I wasn't able to find the bundle but ordered 2 TS, one for home and one for the office.
    keep looking. Hard to find but it is there.

instructions on how to find it are here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...4-99-a-11.html
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Yes, that is correct. The new Veer and Pre 3 are also compatible with the same touchstone charging dock.
    Good to hear! I think I saw a picture or video of the Veer or the Pre3...I'm really observant aren't I? ... and there was no brand mark on the flat surface of the touchstone they were using, so I worried that it was a new TS and might be different than the 3 I own. If I end up getting a Pre3, or something later (September would be the earliest due to my contract), I sure want to be able to use the TSs and chargers I already have.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    Thank you and everyone for the quick responses! I wasn't able to find the bundle but ordered 2 TS, one for home and one for the office.
    And just to be clear the Pre 2 DOES come with the TS back already. A couple of the posters above aren't sure. I have opened at least 8 of these so far and I can assure you they all come with the TS back.

And thanks to Cantaffordit for posting that link. I just opened my last new TS that I got from there. We have five TS compatible devices in our house. I think I will go pick up 3 more while they are available. Especially since the Veer and Pre 3 are also compatible.
    Do you have a link for this, I was not able to find this deal?
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    a few posts above is a link to a thread full of links.
    Go to the Verizon Wireless home page, click on Accesories, then click on the "Bundles" link about half way down the page on the right. Then scroll way down the phones page until you see the Palm Pre Plus, click on it, then click on the bundle that comes up on that page.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Pre, Pre Plus and Pre 2 back covers are the same model number.
    Yes, the TS backs are all the same model.
    Quote Originally Posted by guyfromnam View Post
    yes, i just said that. Lol

i know!!!
    roflmbo
    dcgore, thanks for this thread. Decided to buy 2 sets to add to my collection.

Maybe I should keep one TS in a box? could be worth a bunch in MT condition...
    I see pandas.
    Very useful information in this thread, thank you. One quick question though, are all Touchstone chargers the same? I noticed that they do not offer this bundle with the Palm Pixi Plus, which is the phone I have now. I'd love to pick up another Touchstone and a car charger for the Pixi Plus and Pre 2 when it drops in stores at the end of the week. Definitely not gonna be wearing the fanny pack though.

Edit: Re-read some of that "useful information" as I stated before and I answered my own question. I may be kind of an *****.
    Last edited by CongBroChill17; 02/14/2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: I'm Stupid.