1.    #1  
    I've been having this annoying issue;

when i copy a picture to my phone in the wallpapers map, using the phone as an external usb drive, it doesn't show up in the phone once i disconnect it.

tried copying to the folder where your pictures taken with the phone end up, same issue.

also, sometimes when i take a picture, it doesn't show up in th 'standard photo app'

tried to reboot but still can't find the photo's...

anyone knows what's wrong? anyone had the same problem?

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
    I've been having this annoying issue;

when i copy a picture to my phone in the wallpapers map, using the phone as an external usb drive, it doesn't show up in the phone once i disconnect it.

tried copying to the folder where your pictures taken with the phone end up, same issue.

also, sometimes when i take a picture, it doesn't show up in th 'standard photo app'

tried to reboot but still can't find the photo's...

anyone knows what's wrong? anyone had the same problem?

Nick
    Yep, it is a known media/file indexer bug. There is another thread on it here in the Pre 2 section. It has been reported to HP and will be corrected in a future release. In the meantime, connecting via USB usually fixes it for most, followed by a restart of the phone.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Yep, it is a known media/file indexer bug. There is another thread on it here in the Pre 2 section. It has been reported to HP and will be corrected in a future release. In the meantime, connecting via USB usually fixes it for most, followed by a restart of the phone.
    mm, connected phone to the pc via usb (in charging mode) and restarted. no luck still can't see my picteres on the phone!!! (also checked & they are still there...)

HELP
  4.    #4  
    update:

i now added the picture in the root map of the phone & disconnected (did not restart) and now i can see the pictures in every folder i put them (wallpapers, phote roll & also miscellaneous)

--> solved i guess...
    does anyone know how to resolve this ? We are also facing this problem ...
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    If you installed any of the muffle system logging patches that can cause an issue. I had that problem, uninstalled those patches and now it works like a champ.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    You can try this way, cancel the "filenotify.db3 " which under " /var/luna/data/ " , then reboot .

I try ,it is okay for my phone ATT 3P.
    When I encounter this issue, I usually:
    1) Connect the device to my computer via USB.
    2) Do a normal "eject" of the device prior to disconnecting, and disconnect.
    3) Re-connect the device to computer.
    4) Disconnect device without a normal "eject."
    On my Sprint Pre-, step 4 this usually causes the USB drive image to stay on the screen for quite a while longer than after step 2. Once the launcher comes back, then all the media files appear everywhere for me.
    U can try this way, cancel the "filenotify.db3 " which under " /var/luna/data/ " , then reboot
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsealeo View Post
    U can try this way, cancel the "filenotify.db3 " which under " /var/luna/data/ " , then reboot
    By "cancel" do you mean remove? What is this filenotify.db3 used for?
    Nick
    I also have this problem via usb & pictures downloaded through the email app via the patch: Save Attachments To Downloads Folder). Music also.

I use Internalz Pro (available in Preware). I created a hidden folder in /media/internal, call it anything you want but make sure there's a '.' at the begining, e.g. /media/internal/.copy

I then move the files using Internalz to the .copy folder and then move them back to their destination. The files then appear correctly.

As I use the email patch to save attachments to /media/internal/downloads, I tend to just move everything from usb there also and then use Internalz to sort out where everything should go.

Recommend Internalz, great tool, but caution should be noted as it's a very powerful tool.
    Hi.

If you create /media/internal/photoroll directory it'll fix the problem.

Marek
    yep, removing that "filenotify.db3" as described above followed by reboot did the trick for me!

Now to fix Gmail and Bluetooth handsfree problem...