Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am really tired of this pdf not working. Did they mention anything about this. It getting ridiculous!
    they said the were going to use the docs2go pdf viewer.
    I chatted online with HP/Palm on Thursday about the broken PDF viewer and was told I was out of luck for now. Interestingly, I received a call from Palm customer service quality control yesterday and I was told that the original rep should have performed some troubleshooting because it it not necessarily a lost cause. I am now scheduled to speak with a level 3 diagnostics person next week. I'm not holding out much hope, but I'll let you know how it turns out.

Is your PDF not working on a Pre 2?
    Yep, my PDF viewer doesn't work.
  5.    #5  
    yep pdf viewer not working on pre 2
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Maybe we should take a poll here and see just how many people have non-working pdf-viewers and on which phone?
    my .pdf viewer doesn't work, either.
    My PDF viewer crashes randomly with any file.
    it will be interesting to see if the 3rd party .pdf viewer is included on the vzw pre2 that ships tomorrow...

It's ironic that I can't use my phone to open up the Pre Plus user guide that Palm publishes on their website for my phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by odontastic View Post
    My PDF viewer crashes randomly with any file.
    Me too. I usually don't try much anymore - but today I opened one and it worked great - color me surprised!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Me too. I usually don't try much anymore - but today I opened one and it worked great - color me surprised!
    I was able to open a document today that I could not open yesterday.

I just got off the phone with the Palm level 3 diagnostics person that I referred to earlier. Unfortunately, there is nothing new to report. The viewer seems to work on some documents but not others and apparently at some times and not others. I think we all knew this already, so I am not sure why Palm wasted my time by scheduling this appointment.

Cantaffordit -- I think I've told you before that I can open the Sprint users guide, but not the Verizon version.
    it was my understanding that quick office was meant to replace pdf viewer
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I was able to open a document today that I could not open yesterday.

I just got off the phone with the Palm level 3 diagnostics person that I referred to earlier. Unfortunately, there is nothing new to report. The viewer seems to work on some documents but not others and apparently at some times and not others. I think we all knew this already, so I am not sure why Palm wasted my time by scheduling this appointment.

Cantaffordit -- I think I've told you before that I can open the Sprint users guide, but not the Verizon version.
    Can you send me your case number? I hate to see customers ran around in circles. The fact is some PDF's work and some don't..there are some troubleshooting steps that can be done to attempt to get a PDF to work on the device, but if it fails then the options dwindle away quickly from there.

I do want to check and make sure proper escalation paths were followed and that everything was done accordingly that should have been done without wasting your time.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Customer service is so important and HP's is horrible. Here is to hoping that Palm can keep that in house.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    it was my understanding that quick office was meant to replace pdf viewer
    That's what they said during the announcement. I'm not sure if that is new with 2.0 or something that will be added to a later version... does anyone know if there is a quickoffice pdf viewer in 2.0?
    Customer service is the key to it all.

I've worked in quite a few businesses and there is one thing that is for sure

1. Great product + horrible customer experience = higher chance to lose customer
    2. Horrible product + great customer service = potential to still save a customer
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    2. Horrible product + great customer service = potential to still save a customer
    That makes me think of sprint and their phone selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    That's what they said during the announcement. I'm not sure if that is new with 2.0 or something that will be added to a later version... does anyone know if there is a quickoffice pdf viewer in 2.0?
    The quickoffice I put onto my pre + tries to open PDF's, but it doesn't open anything for me. It would appear to be able to if functioning properly. It at least recognizes the format off my google docs acct. I synced it with.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    mine doesn't work either.
    We used to love HP's customer service at work, their computer/printer database was so screwed up that whenever we called for service they always asked to confirm the purchase date, we made it up every time, finally a rep admitted their database was a lost cause and they couldn't tell when you purchased something, so they would fix it under warranty if the dates you gave them would warrant it.
    So there's no fix for the broken PDF viewer on 1.4.5 and it's still broke on 2.0? This is getting frustrating!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast