1.    #1  
    I wasnt sure where else to ask this question so Ill put it here. Can someone tell me what is new or different about the "just type" feature on WebOS 2? I can just type whatever im looking for on my pixi and it will give me options to do what I want with whatever I type in. How is "just type" any different?
    It's just cosmetic.
    Here is a video I found by Palm from googling your question. (might be easier than explaining it myself :P )

But in a nutshell, it gives you access to things like "quick actions" which let you just start typing to compose an email, start a memo, update facebook status, send a text message. You can also add more searches ontop of google, for example, you can add a Precentral search to your just type page.

And it is easier to find (for people who weren't aware of Universal search), and is more customizable than the original universal search.

Sorry its a bit hard to explain, let me know if you have any other questions. I've got a Pre 2 so I can look into things for you if you want.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    It allows searching more things, quick actions, plugins, some more stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    I wasnt sure where else to ask this question so Ill put it here. Can someone tell me what is new or different about the "just type" feature on WebOS 2? I can just type whatever im looking for on my pixi and it will give me options to do what I want with whatever I type in. How is "just type" any different?
    you can actually type a status for facebook and it will post it directly to face book and other things along that line . also dev's will be able to incorporate that into their apps so you can post stuff and search stuff specifically in apps . i believe you can type out an email and have it all typed before even opening your email account . you can add search engines to the browser for specific web pages and search those web pages for specific info , all this directly from the just type bar .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Okay, maybe it's not just cosmetic.
    ha ha ha ha ^^^^^^ roflol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ha ha ha ha ^^^^^^ roflol
    thanks for the laugh !! i needed that badly ! especially after the last 3 days !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    thanks for the laugh !! i needed that badly ! especially after the last 3 days !!
    Anytime.