1.    #1  
    Think about it. 2 new phones are announced in a few months, who would buy it other than off ebay?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Think about it. 2 new phones are announced in a few months, who would buy it other than off ebay?
    i hope it doesn't sell at all so that its as close to free as possible asap on ebay/craigslist etc.
    The Pre2 isn't intended to be a hot seller. The Pre2 release is intended to get rid of any stored inventory HP might have, which is why it's priced very inexpensively. I really doubt HP is going to market the device, but if they did market it strongly at $99, I see no reason the Pre2 wouldn't sell well to certain demographics.

The 3.1" screen is not what most buyers want. Most guys I know can't even use the keyboard effectively because their fingers are too big.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    The Pre2 isn't intended to be a hot seller. The Pre2 release is intended to get rid of any stored inventory HP might have, which is why it's priced very inexpensively. I really doubt HP is going to market the device, but if they did market it strongly at $99, I see no reason the Pre2 wouldn't sell well to certain demographics.

The 3.1" screen is not what most buyers want. Most guys I know can't even use the keyboard effectively because their fingers are too big.
    Verizon gave pre plus with hotspot free. It cheaper than getting mifi , even than there's no sales. This isn't about the price of the phone or feature on the phone, people just don't like how pre looks. Of course pre2 and 3 got same look. Goodluck with the sales. Even if Verizon put $50 and buy one get one free with hotspot free, it won't sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    The Pre2 release doesn't make too much sense unless Verizon doesn't get the Veer. I remember someone asking Palm why they'd want a Pre2 and they said someone may want a smaller screen than a Pre3. The Pre2 and the Veer kind of take the same role. If I was HPalm I would have renamed the Pre2 as the Pre V (Verizon) or Pre M ("Medium"). Then people wouldn't look at it as if it was outdated and see it as a size satisfier since it's hardware is powerful.

To be honest as harsh of a critic I am of HP right now, I'm considering getting the Pre 2.

-Being sold at a great price
    -Great hardware (i.e. 1ghz)
    -I'm no longer too satisfied with my Droid
    -I could always sell it to fund a Pre 3 purchase
    -I could always hold on to it longer and get whatever is next after Pre3

It doesn't make sense for everyone and HPalm could have done a bit more to explain why they feel Pre2 offers something to consumers but at the end of the day if you're willing to accept it's lower res screen the Pre2 is a device that's super powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I seriously doubt any of these devices is built until they are ordered by a carrier.
    They're built ahead of time in bulk and then they continue to be built to meet demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    The Pre2 release doesn't make too much sense unless Verizon doesn't get the Veer. I remember someone asking Palm why they'd want a Pre2 and they said someone may want a smaller screen than a Pre3. The Pre2 and the Veer kind of take the same role. If I was HPalm I would have renamed the Pre2 as the Pre V (Verizon) or Pre M ("Medium"). Then people wouldn't look at it as if it was outdated and see it as a size satisfier since it's hardware is powerful.

To be honest as harsh of a critic I am of HP right now, I'm considering getting the Pre 2.

-Being sold at a great price
    -Great hardware (i.e. 1ghz)
    -I'm no longer too satisfied with my Droid
    -I could always sell it to fund a Pre 3 purchase
    -I could always hold on to it longer and get whatever is next after Pre3

It doesn't make sense for everyone and HPalm could have done a bit more to explain why they feel Pre2 offers something to consumers but at the end of the day if you're willing to accept it's lower res screen the Pre2 is a device that's super powerful.

They're built ahead of time in bulk and then they continue to be built to meet demand.

I agree that would have been a good idea to say the pre 2 was the mid range device, and label it as such. It would help out with sales.
    It will probably not be a great turnout, unless Verizon makes it a sweet (off contract) deal.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Im sure there will be people who prefer the Pre 2. Maybe some people will think the Pre 3 is too big and the Veer is too small. People were complaining about options before and now its a bad thing to have three different size phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Im sure there will be people who prefer the Pre 2. Maybe some people will think the Pre 3 is too big and the Veer is too small. People were complaining about options before and now its a bad thing to have three different size phones?
    Great point. Personally, I like the size of the Pre 2. I can't be the only one.

ET
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I dunno about OP and his genius prediction, but I was a physical keyboard for easy typing, a screen small enough to fit in my pocket (3.1" preferably), enough RAM and a good enough processor to run fast, and an amazing operating system that can browse the web, has visual multitasking, a clean notification system, and has a sleek UI.
    It'd be cool if it has 16GB of storage, a camera that takes good photos, and the ability to just type to find a contact, app, or search the web, but that's all bonus.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Unless VZW does a better job than they did with the Pre+, you are right. The fact that VZW won't be including the MHS for freee isn't a step in the right direction. Reducing the MHS cap from 5GB to 2GB isn't going to help either.

To be fair, the $20 2GB plan is what they have been offering for the Android phones, so at least they aren't doing anything worse for the Pre2. But I REALLY wish vzw would continue to give MHS away, even if it is with the lower cap.

We will know more on the 17th when VZW is supposed to start selling it. Right now it is being offered as a "pre order" by through HP, and that is like buying it from Let's Talk and not directly from Verizon. When VZW starts to offer it directly, we will get a chance to see if they are making an effort.
    I have to say. I kinda just want them all. I have a sprint pre, a pre plus, and a pre 2. I'm addicted
    if i can find one for a $100 i'd buy one just to keep it as an mp3 player/web browser for my night table.

im still using my original pre to browse youtube when i cant sleep