Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

So I've been using my (originally Rogers) unlocked Palm Pre 2 for a long while on Bell Mobility, but dammit, I just can't get MMS messages to send or receive!

Does anyone have the right settings for the following:

MMS APN
    MMSC
    MMS Proxy

?

I've tried the following, but it gives me "Invalid MMS APN Settings" error:

MMS APN: pda.bell.ca
    MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca

I've also tried web.wireless.bell.ca:80 for the MMS Proxy, but same issue.

I've clicked "Set Up Anyway", but then it says, "Unable to write settings".

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!
    i checked my cdma pre:

MMSC URL: http://BellMMSC.bell.ca

edit: not sure where to get the other stuff you were looking for
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  3.    #3  
    Thanks a ton, Neville, that should get me on the way, I'll give it a try and report back!
    Try not entering a proxy server, it might fix it. I know on my android device (hopefully to replace with a Pre 2) the actual data connection will not work with a proxy.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Have you fixed the Pre 2 not recieving MMS's on the Bell network? I am probably getting a Pre 2 very soon and I would like to know if you have fixed this, if not, I'll keep trying to when I get mine.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    I have the whole "invalid settings" issues when setting my vodafone APN details here in Australia.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    you should grab the settings off a gsm bell phone, not the pre, since it's different networks.
    Ill send a screenshot of my Legend settings for Bell.
    The "Authentication Type" selection is not set.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9.    #9  
    Well, after going through actual Palm support... It is definitely an issue with WebOS 2.0.1 (build 69 or 79, I can't remember which is on my phone, think it's 79, though).

I'm working through it with the software engineers. The settings that marclh1992 has are the correct ones, however.

I'll update this when the problem is solved, and it looks like only a software update will do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Well, after going through actual Palm support... It is definitely an issue with WebOS 2.0.1 (build 69 or 79, I can't remember which is on my phone, think it's 79, though).
    Hope thats gets distributed to the rest of us with issues
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
  11.    #11  
    If it gets patched up and they only send it to me, that'd be ridiculous.
    How is your 3G data connection on Bell? Is it dropping out randomly?
  13.    #13  
    Nope, the 3G is fine, no problems at all with it dropping out.
    Good, I just recieved an email that a developer Pre 2 will be shipped to me for free and I was concerned about the data problem that some people had.
  15.    #15  
    BTW, I *do* have 2.0.1 build 79.
  16.    #16  
    I'm getting somewhere...

There used to be a sqlite file that you could modify on 1.4.5 and below, but on 2.0.1 and above, it's in:

/etc/carrierdb/carrier.json

Which is a text file... So.

For Bell Mobility (in Ontario, anyhow!), the MCC is 302, and the MNC is 610... So those have to be changed.

But it's still not working.

There is a Bell Mobility one in there right now, which I copied and changed the MNC, but no luck... Maybe someone else can take a look and see?

There's also a "dataconnection" field which is just full of what APPEARS to be random garbage, but is probably binary data... Does anyone know what that is?
  17.    #17  
    BTW, be careful if you modify this file, MAKE A BACKUP FIRST! I'm not sure what could happen if you mess it up.
  18.    #18  
    BTW, I made a mistake. That file name is /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json
    2.1 allows us to change the settings so they stick, but the default ones (they are correct) will not let me send MMS. Yes I have tried changing them.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    2.1 allows us to change the settings so they stick, but the default ones (they are correct) will not let me send MMS. Yes I have tried changing them.
    Odd... I still get the errors.

First, when I attempt to change them, I get "Invalid MMS APN settings", then when I try "Set Up Anyway", I get "Unable to write settings."

Maybe I should try *sigh* doctoring to 2.1, and the OTA from 2.0.1 messed this up, somehow... How did you get to 2.1 and make this work?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast